Verdict Watch 05/07/2013

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by beach, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda From New York

Linda From New York Active Member

Just saw HLN real quick. Their jurors cam back HUNG. 2 for Manslaughter - the rest 1st degree.

I know, I know......

I still have faith!

2. MsJoni

MsJoni New Member

Scott Peterson Gets Death Penalty
    Dec. 13, 2004
    The jury in the Scott Peterson murder trial deliberated for 12 hours over three days before returning an unanimous recommendation that Peterson receive the death penalty for the murder of his pregnant wife, Laci Peterson.

3. Shelby1

Shelby1 Cancer Sucks

They have no idea it's his birthday, IMO.

4. STEADFAST

STEADFAST New Member

I completely agree.

5. ExigentPlan

ExigentPlan Opinionated A**hole

Even though I've been jaded and distrusting of juries since OJ and CA, I'm not stressed yet about this one. It just takes some patience.

We've all reviewed, discussed, questioned, and debated the details of this case for months. We've had additional information and shared opinions to assist us in our own conclusions. Those on the jury have not. Assuming they followed the rules they have had NOBODY to bounce their thought and opinions off of, no additional input, and no feedback. If they are a serious jury, dedicated to doing the job they have been tasked with, it should take awhile to do it correctly. Even as strongly opinionated as I am about JA deserving Premeditated Murder 1, I would still want to discuss with the other jurors each witness and whether anything they offered up was credible and of any value in the deliberations. I would want to hold every picture and look at it closely. Even though I feel certain of my conclusion, given the severity of the crime and the punishment I'd want to give every opportunity to make sure something important wasn't overlooked.

I still believe the Murder 1 conviction is inevitable, just not that a decision would be quick.

But I've been wrong before, if this goes the same way as OJ and CA it is clearly time to rethink our justice system. I've always felt that it should require a 10/12 for conviction, not unanimous, to prevent that one juror with a personal agenda or bias from discarding reason and creating a hung jury.

6. SyraKelly

SyraKelly Active Member

They probably don't even know its his birthday today

7. Schuby

Schuby Under the thumb of The Man

I was reading somewhere, and this was in Washington state, not AZ so it could be different, but that statutes will not allow a person to plead guilty to 1st degree murder without a deal for LWOP already in place because it would otherwise be effective suicide.

Not relevant to this case here and now, just food for thought.

8. oyeyemi808

oyeyemi808 New Member

Seems to me a lot of people are making excuses/reasons for why the jury has not come back with a verdict yet. I see no reason why it has taken even this length of time. They have much less to consider, seeing all of the stuff that did not make into the trial.

9. Observer in AZ

Observer in AZ New Member

What do we know that the jury doesn't?

Please cut and paste list - don't quote

JA tweets
    Dr. Samuels sent her 8(?) greeting cards. (Thanks SD)
    fake pedo letters
    Travis and the spidies photo with his dad
    Knives and gun found in hire car (Thanks mobius99)
    JA's 2nd degree murder plea and threat to drag Travis through the mud
    Interrogation tapes (majority of content)
    -mumble things like "still hate me?" and giggle ominously. (Thanks amberjul)
    -flipping her hair around and checking her make-up ... (Thanks DGC)
    -JA Handstands
    JA's parents tapes
    JA kicking/killing doggy boy
    Chris Hughes stories
    - JA eavesdropping at door/ evil look
    - JA sitting at table for further hour after Sky told her to go
    plea agreement with threat to trash Travis
    Some of JA's actions and her family's in court. We see close up because of the camera.s
    Nurmi trying to leave the case 1000 times, okay 3 times
    Nurmi's mistrial attempts
    The HLN "drama"
    JA spiderman t-shirt photo
    Jailhouse fights ( Thank you S9)
    JA potential fraud / tapping into Travis's bank account
    JA previously on ticket to go to Cancun (not confirmed)
    JA 'art'
    Stealing pens in jail ... hiding pens in shampoo bottles ... unauthorized creams and lotions ... Thank you DGC
    Sticking pencils in her shoe... (Thanks amberjul)
    MS passing notes to JA's mom
    JA's outside 'representative'
    Dr D's laptop being stolen
    911 call - Mimi and everyone else mentioning JA's name as person of suspicion
    Cost of trial
    ALV approaching Travis' sister (thanks Midwest Mama)
    Whatever ALV was "taken to task" for in chambers (thanks Midwest Mama)
    Nurmi lying to the Hughes about validity of pedo letters (thanks Midwest Mama)
    JA's mom writing to Nurmi / JA's mom helping to her get hire car
    JA's happy smiles when Jury is out of sight
    Tire slashing multiple times of both TA & Lisa's tires, and the email sent to Lisa (Thanks OAZ)
    Oh the CONTENT of the video viewed in court of TA w/ white/blonde thing on lap (Thanks OAZ)

Funny biz with Helio cell phone.. claimed lost (IRRC melted chocolate?) got replacement which had sex tape/photos claimed lost but then found in G'parents car

Incident w/ Clancy in bathroom WHICH sounds almost like incident she claims happened between Abe & TA

That her & Abe only went on 1 date (my impression is she's insinuated more of a relationship to jury)

10. Melanie

Melanie Inactive

Did you see Vinnie's mock jury about 10 minutes ago. The foreperson said "hung jury" 8 (M1)/4 (MS).

I'm getting sick to my stomach.

MOO

Mel

11. LotusPawprint

LotusPawprint Moderately-known member

Not at all. How and why would they even know it was his birthday? They're not supposed to be looking for anything pertaining to this case, and they'd have to do a good deal of digging to find out it was his birthday.
    I can't imagine that ever being a factor. JMO

12. Renee110

Renee110 Stop letting criminals off the Hook!

I'm glad she is being forced to be with nothing but her thoughts rights now, but I just can't see her being scared. I don't think she's capable of that emotion. I don't think she'll be scared if she gets M1. I think she'll just start thinking of appeals and new headlines she can make. She's a martyr in her own mind.

13. SunnyinMO

SunnyinMO Walk softly and carry a big stick

I love you nurse!! :blushing: :blushing:

14. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

Well said, except that if she gets less than 1st degree I'm sure most folks will have a very very difficult time accepting the verdict. I for one will be concluding that in order to get a conviction, a murder will have to be captured on video, start to finish, with the murderer declaring at the end.."I am the murderer and I approve of this message."

15. beetrice

beetrice Member

Our hospital uses them too.

16. Lilibet

Lilibet Well-Known Member

Best comment of the day! :goodpost::yesss::thewave:

17. LunaticFringe

LunaticFringe I know you're out there...

They should not be privy to his birthday.If they did..that would mean that they read things that they shouldn't have.So my guess is a big fat NO.

18. Chelly

Chelly Always Remember Teghan Skiba

Thank you to all the calm sensible WS friends who are hand-holding us worrywarts. Need to give myself a TO before I implode.

Later.

((((((((((WS))))))))

19. khaki

khaki Well-Known Member

iirc I thought I heard that the guy who did the movie theater shooting in CO plead guilty and LWOP so he could avoid DP. Not sure though?

20. Mr.Midnight

Mr.Midnight New Member

This is another time I think back to Juan's statements in closing arguments "It's Not her fault".. nothing is never her fault... she never takes responsibility for anything..no remorse...wish we could go from a (Hopefully) guilty verdict to a needle in her arm instead of waiting 10 + yrs to execute her

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.