verdict watch 5/7/2013 #2

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by beach, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessSezMe

PrincessSezMe Rest in Peace

Snipped just the last part, because that was awful. I wanted to comment on the first part of your post. I don't think an IQ test is the answer because that doesn't really tell you much about a person's reasoning skills in a jury situation. I think when the court is appointing a jury, prospective jurors should go through a basic test to see if they can properly comprehend basic legal instruction. I'm sure that would add time and cost to jury selection, but at least there would be people sitting on the jury that can understand the basic concepts of circumstancial evidence, reasonable doubt, and premeditation. Until they have enough people qualified to do that, they would not seat a jury...especially in a capital case. Just a thought, and MOO.

If there are any of our lawyers around I would love to hear from them on what they think about that.

2. Sulamith

Sulamith Well-Known Member

3. The Village Idiot

The Village Idiot Member

[​IMG]

Found this too

4. Karmady

Karmady Former Member

o/t but I haven't heard "shined him on" in a VERY long time lol

5. MidwestMama

MidwestMama Active Member

I heard nothing about the parents of JA that made me think they were abusive. I didn't believe the story about the dad knocking her into a wall and her passing out. If every child who had minor discipline in their life had PTSD, we would have a full society of shaking Chihuahua! (I know very well there are many abused children and I am not minimizing what they have gone through or the after affects).

My daughter (and her hubby) get so irritated about the DP connection. A month or so ago they called the auto place to see if their car was done being repaired. When the lady asked the name my daughter said Drew Peterson. TOTAL silence and then "Aren't you in jail?" LOL! Sure, I'm in jail and calling to pick up my car Einstein! :stormingmad:

6. Donatella

Donatella New Member

I think having the media lurking and reporting every move (diet cokes, apples, smoke breaks, etc) makes it hard for courts to find jurors.
    I'm in the mix for the next high profile case having received my summons last week. While I believe in doing my civic duty(I've served on a 2 week civil jury), I would not want to be labeled (and it would be blonde bombshell I'm sure, LOL) nor would I want to be watched like a hawk while I'm serving.

7. The Village Idiot

The Village Idiot Member

8. pinkie60

pinkie60 Well-Known Member

i get the same feeling. i think they are going to give her a break, but she will still serve significant time, maybe 22 yrs.

9. Rosemary Pierce

Rosemary Pierce New Member

ITA, I have thought she was guilty from day one :moo:

10. Donatella

Donatella New Member

I think having the media lurking and reporting every move (diet cokes, apples, smoke breaks, etc) makes it hard for courts to find jurors.
    I'm in the mix for the next high profile case having received my summons last week. While I believe in doing my civic duty(I've served on a 2 week civil jury), I would not want to be labeled (and it would be blonde bombshell I'm sure, LOL) nor would I want to be watched like a hawk while I'm serving.

11. NanKelley

NanKelley Well-Known Member

Oh! Thank you for this adorable pic of the "Two Loves of Travis." I have really wanted to see Napoleon and he looks wonderful. Thank you.

12. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

22 is the max for secondary charges. Not likely plus she gets 5 years off of that for time served. I think if lesser charges come in she gets about 15-17 years max with all kinds of ridiculous appeals.

Bleh.

moo

13. ElleElle

ElleElle Well-Known Member

I'm not. They are probably hanging on 1-2 jurors who are more on the 2nd degree murder charge side. It might be awhile..

Anything can happen at anytime, but in the end Jodi will sit in a dark basement with no food, water, or art stuff. :stormingmad:

14. thefragile7393

thefragile7393 Chronically sleep deprived

I'm stopping getting invested if that happens....too many travesties. CA already had me over-cynical....but if ppl can't call a spade a spade in this obvious no-brainer then i am seriously out.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

15. Karmady

Karmady Former Member

Kind of related to your post. I was talking to a lawyer about the fact that it doesn't matter whether the jury all agrees that it's felony murder or premeditated murder so long as they all agree that it's murder 1. He said that, iho, it doesn't matter since the jury will never buy the felony murder rationale in this case because it won't make logical sense. He said it was an argument and jury charge only a lawyer could love and think was a great lol

16. ElleElle

ElleElle Well-Known Member

It kinda makes me a little jittery. :) I guess everyone is different.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Chlor-Tripolon

17. Lexington

Lexington New Member

I had a very strong feeling last Friday that it would not be a fast verdict return and also that the verdict would be manslaughter. I also hope I am wrong. That would mean a complete breakdown of the criminal justice system especially after the Florida travesty.

18. Miss-Marples

Miss-Marples New Member

Thinking about the dynamics of the jury. The ages span several generations. I wonder how understanding social media is for the older generations is playing out. A jury of your peers literally meant just that. Now that really makes no sense looking at such a diverse jury. I guess finding a jury of her peers would be impossible!

Listening to HLN and JA voice in these clips really bugs me. Lol

19. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Me too. :banghead:

I've had enough of this carp.

20. hilldeccaside

hilldeccaside New Member

I am not a spring chicken but, I don't even know what that means.:blushing:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.