verdict watch 5/7/2013 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
from previous thread:
Originally Posted by leebee52 View Post
What worries me is the age of some of the jurors. That some might not be "hip" enough to understand the defense sex BS.

:guitar: :genie: :hypno: :luv: :flashback: :Bananahair:

Not to worry, leebee52.

Remember, us Old Folks (I turn 61 this month) did our "dating" in the 1960's.

We're plenty hip! We were the original hippies.

bbm Yep, me too, ks! The Age of Aquarius & Frank Zappa and Timothy Leary. I saw Led Zepplin live, and Janet, and Jimi, and the Byrds, Jefferson Airplane, Beach Boys, The Stones, Leon Russell, the Dead, Dylan, Clapton, and so many more. Never saw The Who or The Doors (pity). AIDS was not a word. All the pot was good; the drugs were pharmaceutical. Peace, Love, and the War in Viet Nam and Nixon. Mostly good times. Been there, done some of that.

Sing it, sister! :)

Seeing the Deanna/Travis pictures it makes me so sad that his life didn't turn out the way it should have, married to her and with children. I feel like they were probably always circling around each other and were just one of those inevitable couples and Jodi stripped them of that future. Not to mention how different it would all have been, if they had gotten together and he'd never met Jodi. So sad.

Margins BLOWN again. Go edit the post. Please CHOOSE "preview" before you post an overblown picture. TIA

I hope it was not me as I ALWAYS do a preview before \I post and check the Size. It showed that it fit (??) So I always do check beforehand. This is the TRUTH as it is from ME.................not JA

:floorlaugh:

Sorry if me, but showed it did fit in preview....so ???

No, no, no. Not at all. I just wanted to communicate that choosing the number 12 made it a little less distasteful than if he would have said, say, 6 or 7, which would have clearly been outside the realm of any kind of measure of acceptability. I don't think 12 is an okay age to have a sex life. It was a poor choice for him to say that, for sure, but I don't think it makes him a deviant. Many 12 year old girls have significant secondary sexual characteristics, so I can draw a distinction between a 7 year old and a pubescent child. :twocents:

Does that make a little more sense?

For what it's worth, here is my take on Travis' 12-year-old-girl comment:

It was his way of letting Jodi know her voice didn't sound like her normal voice. IMO, initially it was not so much to say he liked how she sounded, but more of a why-do-you-sound-like-that? or, are-you-aware-that-you-sound-like-that? And then it just sort of blended in with the rest of the role-playing. Role-playing that they both did from time to time, most likely. Only this time she taped it, without him knowing, and she got him to say things and/or repeat things because of what she hoped to do with that recording.

All JMO.

You are lucky! I've tried Claritin (useless), Sudafed, Zyrtec, Benadryl ... I guess I could try Johnny Walker and see if that helps, lol.

It won't make me sleepy like Benadryl, will it?

May I have a healthy glug of your Johnny?

My mind is reeling with what people will defend just to be "right".

I need alcho-ma-hol.

I wasn't talking specifically about this case. I've never been on a jury. I was saying that I don't think it's time for people to be running around in a panic. The jury is taking their job seriously, that's all. There has been no confirmation at all that they're arguing or that there's a disagreement, or even that a vote has been held. As someone said earlier in the Peterson case they reviewed all the evidence for days before having one (unanimous) vote. Saying that I personally would want to go through everything if I was ever on a jury where the person might get the DP doesn't mean I don't think there's more than enough evidence to convict Jodi. It means that I'm not worried at this stage.

Pretty soon...Even pictures won't suffice. The jury will be expecting youtube video before they decide.

pfftt...

oo

:floorlaugh: Sorry, but you made me ROFL.

Just nailed it. There is so many different results from each trial... time means nothing while the juror is delibertating.

I've seen some awesome things happen-Jason Young, Drew and Scott Peterson, Brad Cooper,Neil Entwhistle. I have seen stupid things-CA, Adam Kaufman, OJ, Susan Wright getting her sentenced reduced after pulling a quintuple Arias on her husband. It is rare that a case is so clearcut like this. If they can't see it then just...no.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I include my liking of Mark as well. When he was in total poker face yesterday when all that fog was going on, I literally thought there was something bad going on and he was trying to get through it hoping whatever was making smoke would stop.

When he finally said he was in a fog and he obviously drug a fog machine into his interview I was :lol: so hard. I love people with a sense of humor and Mark did the best thing in an interview I have ever seen. And I love it when he clears things up and puts stupid things in their place. He does it in a slick way though.

The fog machine bit will forever be in my heart.

Great! Now you're throwing your panties in the ring too! I am never gonna win if I keep sitting on my ever expanding *advertiser censored* waiting for this verdict. I'm starting to look like a Volkswagen from behind. After the verdict it's back to the gym and NO MORE TWIZZLERS!

I hope it was not me as I ALWAYS do a preview before \I post and check the Size. It showed that it fit (??) So I always do check beforehand. This is the TRUTH as it is from ME.................not JA

:floorlaugh:

Sorry if me, but showed it did fit in preview....so ???

It was your post. Go edit or delete. TIA

100% through with this case and all future cases. We need professional jurors, not rag tag morons!

I'm not ready to throw these jurors under the bus, because they aren't arriving at a verdict as quickly some of us would like.

I'll reserve judgement until I actually know their verdict. I won't begrudge them for taking all the time necessary to get it right.

I think calling them morons is quite harsh. :facepalm:

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I believe theres nothing but Jodi's word she was actually in his house at 4AM the morning before. That was just her word. The pictures arent until the afternoon on June 4th, after the roommates reported to have left already. No one saw her that morning, and even the police report does not back up her story. The roommate stated he talked to Travis at approx. 11:30 that morning, where Travis told him he got very little sleep that night (45 minutes). According to Jodi, she and him went to sleep and didn't wake up until much later. None of the roommates reported her car.

I've always believes she stalked his house until the roommates left, and was parked down the street. At least until the roommates left...

I tend to agree with you on that. Also, does anyone think that JA went to so much trouble to get a white car because someone in the house drove a white car? Under that circumstance a white car in the driveway or around the house wouldn't look out of place. I thought I remember seeing a picture of Travis' house surrounded by police tape with a white car in the driveway. Certainly would provide more evidence of premeditation.

from previous thread:
Originally Posted by leebee52 View Post
What worries me is the age of some of the jurors. That some might not be "hip" enough to understand the defense sex BS.

:guitar: :genie: :hypno: :luv: :flashback: :Bananahair:

Not to worry, leebee52.

Remember, us Old Folks (I turn 61 this month) did our "dating" in the 1960's.

We're plenty hip! We were the original hippies.

Right on!

No.

I understand the point you are trying to make, yes.

But the "old enough to bleed, old enough to breed" thing is still sickening to me.

MOO, I see no difference between 7 year old CHILD and a 12 year old CHILD as compared to the sexual comments of a grown man.

My daughter may have breasts and get her periods but emotionally, she is not prepared to be in a sexual relationship with a 30 year old man. And I am freaking out that some people think so. :(

You are REALLY twisting things here.

:thud:

Sorry, but raping children is ALWAYS off the table for me. Guess I am funny that way.

What part of rape involves a loving relationship, as the person you quoted specified??? She is talking about consensual kink. Not rape.

For what it's worth, here is my take on Travis' 12-year-old-girl comment:

It was his way of letting Jodi know her voice didn't sound like her normal voice. IMO, initially it was not so much to say he liked how she sounded, but more of a why-do-you-sound-like-that? or, are-you-aware-that-you-sound-like-that? And then it just sort of blended in with the rest of the role-playing. Role-playing that they both did from time to time, most likely. Only this time she taped it, without him knowing, and she got him to say things and/or repeat things because of what she hoped to do with that recording.

All JMO.

Can we just put things into perspective a bit here? TA sounded like a teenager in those tapes. He was trying to impress her with stooopid jazzed fantasies that she had most likely fed him. She sounds like and idjut. They both sound flat out immature and stoopid. So? He deserves to die for that? Huh? She's justified in killing him because he made a stupid, juvenile comment about what she sounded like? He most definitely does NOT sound sexually sophisticated or mature in those discussions. He sounds like he is trying to be so in keeping with whatever standard she's imparted on him. He sounds like the naive one. Not her.

moo

I'm stopping getting invested if that happens....too many travesties. CA already had me over-cynical....but if ppl can't call a spade a spade in this obvious no-brainer then i am seriously out.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Honestly, I'm with you 100%. I've been trying to stay positive but I'm getting more and more cynical as the hours pass.

LOL!! My age is showing!

you must be elderly like me ;) But that's not why I mentioned it. I grew up on the east coast and the only time I've ever heard it was in the LA area. So it's probably dated AND regional. Isn't it time for us to take out our teeth and hit the hay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288