verdict watch 5/8/2013 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
From WAT:

8 m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

The juror "Captain O'Neil" just came in with red tee and flip flops. He was with two other jurors. They were smiling. #JodiArias

15m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

At the courthouse for another day o' delibs. #JodiArias

flip flops????????????? in court ???????????????????????

I just realized my precious grandson is all in blue...

ETA: YES I know the porch needs to be blown off and pressure washed....

Attachments

• P1140993.jpg
    P1140993.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 50
I've been wondering if part of the hold up in the jury room might not be Juan stipulating that JA was not holding the knife and gun during that infamous German Shepard picture.

I have a lot of faith in Juan and what he did in this case, but the minute they settled that matter by having both sides agree to the stipulation and telling the jury so, I wondered if it wasn't going to come back to haunt the deliberations. If both sides agree that in that second she wasn't holding the gun or the knife, it might make the jury stop and wonder where the knife came from if the prosecution's theory is that she stabbed him first. He's already agreed she wasn't holding it at that moment. They may be having a hard time latching onto premeditation because the two things seem contradictory in nature, she didn't have the knife, but then she did and specifically stabbed him first.

The Mormon church is a large organisation. I wonder if they stepped up to assist financially since he lived and attended church locally. I'm not putting them down but I'm just curious because there wouldn't be a need for us raising money for them. Many of us donated and there were many benefactors.
I feel blessed to have been able. To help but I'm wondering if the church judged travis and decided not to help the Alexander family. Moo

They may have gotten some help with their accommodations by local members, but the church as a whole would not offer any financial aid. The Church has an ethical responsibility to remain unbiased because they will be expected to make a judgement on JA's church membership after the verdict. Felony convictions are an immediate excommunication in the LDS church. ALL felony convictions.

Why would juan be in the jury room??

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

Headed out to lunch with a friend I haven't seen if forever. Which means a verdict should come, oh, in the next hour or so... :blushing:

I agree, and maybe they are caught up in their friendships and the whole trial and they don't want to get back to real life.

Kind of like us huh? Could you imagine all of us deliberating in a room together? Incessant yammering comes to mind. That's what my husband calls it when I won't shut up.

Can I post this?

"One of The #Jodiarias jurors has blinked.Now were getting word that TWO of The Jodi Arias Jurors HAVE BLINKED!What could that mean?"- #HLN

What does that mean? tia

LOL - me thinks you are on HLN overload :floorlaugh: too funny!

Salem

Just wanted to show off my new avi - Thanks A News Junkie :) - and to pray that the jurors come back with M1, and to say "HI all!!!"

FWIW, info from a quick search on Arizona law and victim impact statements:

http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Crime_Victims/victimRights/

Crime Victims’ Bill of Rights

ARIZONA CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS FOR CRIME VICTIMS
ARTICLE II, SECTION 2.1, VICTIMS’ BILL OF RIGHTS

A. To preserve and protect victims' rights to justice and due process, a victim of crime has a right:

1. To be treated with fairness, respect and dignity, and to be free from intimidation, harassment or abuse, throughout the criminal justice process.
2. To be informed, upon request, when the accused or convicted person is released from custody or has escaped.
3. To be present at and, upon request, to be informed of all criminal proceedings when the defendant has the right to be present.
4. To be heard at any proceeding involving a post-arrest release decision, a negotiated plea and sentencing.
5. To refuse an interview, deposition or other discovery request by the defendant, the defendant's attorney, or other person acting on behalf of the defendant.
6. To confer with the prosecution, after the crime against the victim has been charged, before trial or before any disposition of the case and to be informed of the disposition.
7. To read pre sentence reports relating to the crime against the victim when they are available to the defendant.
8. To receive prompt restitution from the person or persons convicted of the criminal conduct that caused the victim's loss or injury.
9. To be heard at any proceeding when any post-conviction release from confinement is being considered.
10. To a speedy trial or disposition and prompt and final conclusion of the case after the conviction and sentence.
11. To have all rules governing criminal procedure and the admissibility of evidence in all criminal proceedings protect victims' rights and to have these rules be subject to amendment or repeal by the legislature to ensure the protection of these rights.
12. To be informed of victims' constitutional rights.

I"ll have to do more research with respect to the motion to disclose victims impact statement. Don't know if the BBM above applies.

I'm not sure the victim's family is covered under this. Not a lawyer but phrases like "crime against the victim" make me think it's for the direct victim.

JM is in the house today. per WAT tweet

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial
Juan Martinez just came out of juror room and is headed downstairs. He was in gray suit, couldnt see tie but I assume salmon. #JodiArias

The juror room? Something is amiss there. He wouldn't be in there with the jury. Either the jury is NOT in that room right now, or somebody misspoke. Attorneys do not have any contact whatsoever with a deliberating jury.

flip flops????????????? in court ???????????????????????
That's what I thought. Verdict or no verdict, that is just too, too casual in a capital murder case (or any case) and is quite disrespectful, IMO.....:waitasec:

Wow, just wow! Are they serious?

Alas, they are serious. Remember, this is the defense team that filed a motion requesting that the court bar the prosecution from referring to the murdered man as 'the victim'.

There is no depth to which they are unwilling to dive.

The attorneys are allowed in the juror room? Seems like that wouldn't be allowed.... for many reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88