Verdict watch! ** GUILTY **

Discussion in 'Luka Rocco Magnotta AKA Eric Newman' started by Salem, Dec 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No_Stone_Unturned

No_Stone_Unturned New Member

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 14m 14 minutes ago

Morning break is over. The jury resumes deliberations. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 41m 41 minutes ago

Jury taking the morning break. No word of a verdict. #Magnotta

2. No_Stone_Unturned

"SIMPLY OVERWHELMING":

He made 16 separate trips to the basement garbage room of his low-rent Montreal apartment building, he took out Lin's torso in a suitcase to the street, he ran countless errands and cleared out his apartment and never, not once, did he forget to take care of his own appetites: He ordered in a pizza; he booked a flight to Paris; he primped and checked out his ass in the mirror in the building lobby.

http://www.leaderpost.com/health/Magnotta+jury+must+sort+muddle/10672476/story.html

3. whiterhino

whiterhino Well-Known Member

I was just watching an episode of The Fall & Gillian Anderson was speaking about a case she worked where the man was found guilty of murder/rape & makes the comment: "It was obvious he was guilty. He was seen on camera bringing a brand new suitcase into the building and several hours later, dragging out of the lobby. Clearly weighed down by the torso" (not verbatim but you get my drift).

LM told the reporter what his plans were. He shopped the video rumours around before he even made a video! How many other killers found NCR had the presence of mind to kill & mutilate someone not only on film but to edit the footage into a movie? I have only read of maybe 4/5 cases where the acts were recorded. Never distributed, unless you include snuff films which are usually not done by one person alone.

These are just my thoughts, still getting used to the forum. Hope I didn't go offtopic or upset anyone!

4. whiterhino

whiterhino Well-Known Member

5. No_Stone_Unturned

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 1h 1 hour ago

Jury taking lunch break. They have not reached a verdict yet. #Magnotta

6. DataMonkey

DataMonkey New Member

I pondered that also. Possibly drugs related.

7. No_Stone_Unturned

8. DataMonkey

DataMonkey New Member

This is ridiculous now.

9. No_Stone_Unturned

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 10m 10 minutes ago

Lunch break over. Jury back deliberating. #Magnotta

10. Kamille

Kamille Shine bright like a diamond

Did we ever get a make-up of this jury? Men to women. Occupations?

11. Kamille

Kamille Shine bright like a diamond

I believe the Crown made a crucial error when they allowed that simple "yes" answer to the question that the jury had about personality disorders being considered "a disease of the mind" or "mental illness". They needed much more clarification about the difference between personality orders and schizophrenia.

Once again, this is a classic example of why these NCR cases need to be taken out of the hands of a layman jury.

MOO

12. Neurotripsy

Neurotripsy Active Member

"Five more jurors were added Thursday, meaning the jury currently has six men and six women. The last two additions of the day were a male retiree who worked as a financial analyst and a woman who works in a call centre. Earlier on Thursday, three other jurors were selected: a female university employee, a male freelance translator and a man who teaches at a junior college."

[Source]

Eight women and four men altogether according to later articles, though I'm not sure if they stated their occupations as well.

13. No_Stone_Unturned

THE JURY AND SOME OCCUPATIONS:

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Jury+selection+complete+Magnotta+trial/10218649/story.html

......six men and six women, with jobs ranging from a CEGEP professor to a maintenance man, will spend several weeks getting to know each other and every detail of the case that made international headlines.

The final choices of back-ups — three women and one man — were made Friday and included a translator, geologist, a woman who works in the office of a butcher shop and a chartered accountant

14. matou

matou #los2188

I thought jurists were changed or pulled after the testimony? I thought this change was very recent. JMO

15. No_Stone_Unturned

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 3m 3 minutes ago

Afternoon break over. Jury is continuing deliberations. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 30m 30 minutes ago

Afternoon break for the jury with no verdict in sight. #Magnotta

16. matou

matou #los2188

17. matou

matou #los2188

18. Agatha Christal

Agatha Christal New Member

Hi, I don't normally have time to post, but having just read this...

"The jurors may decide Magnotta was “more likely than not” in a state of psychosis when he killed Lin. If that’s the case, their job is complete, for the judge told them a not-criminally-responsible verdict on murder must carry to the four other charges Magnotta faces."

and this..

"Dismissing a not-criminally-responsible verdict means the jury will have to render unanimous verdicts for all five charges, beginning with first-degree murder then moving on to the charges committing an indignity to a human body, publishing obscene material, criminally harassing Prime Minister Stephen Harper and other members of Parliament, and finally, mailing obscene and indecent material."

then I think the longer they are deliberating, the more likely it is he will be found guilty, not NCR, as they have 5 separate charges to unanimously agree on, which is going to take a lot more time to do.

Hopefully, anyway.

19. andreww

andreww Former Member

The thing is, if they decide against NCR, the other charges are a slam dunk as he admitted to them and offered no other defence.

20. BorgQueen

BorgQueen Eradicated User

HMMM....
    Perhaps they're pulling a Leclair and wasting some time? ;)

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji 2m2 minutes ago
    #Magnotta jurors make $160/day. If they deliberate on Dec 25, 26, it goes up to 320$/day, tax free (via @chridesjardins who read fine print)

(eta)

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue 9m9 minutes ago
    So far each juror has earned $1280 tax free during these deliberations. #Magnotta

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.