Verdict watch! ** GUILTY **

Discussion in 'Luka Rocco Magnotta AKA Eric Newman' started by Salem, Dec 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little Jedi

Little Jedi "I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equa

From ^^ link

2. italianWSfan

italianWSfan Member

The defence let slip that a man police were unable to identify, who is seen entering and leaving Magnotta’s apartment on surveillance video after spending the night just one week before the killing, is currently in prison. According to Magnotta's lawyer, he’s also not a Canadian citizen. A few seconds of video of the man, gagged and bound to a bed, appears at the beginning of the video Magnotta uploaded showing parts of the attack on Lin.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/luka-magnotta-trial-what-the-jury-didn-t-see-or-hear-1.2874042

3. Little Jedi

:floorlaugh:

Cournoyer: “Mr. Leclair, you are treading on thin ice.”

Leclair: “I need a break.”

Cournoyer: “I need an answer.”

Leclair: “I cannot answer you at this moment. I don’t feel I can answer your question. I need a break.”

Cournoyer: “I don’t understand why. I have questions. I need to rule on them.”

Leclair: “I can’t answer your questions and I can’t stand here being cross-examined.”

Cournoyer: “I’m just asking questions.”

Leclair: “I don’t feel well.”

4. redheart

redheart Active Member

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...al-what-the-jury-didn-t-see-or-hear-1.2874042

As testimony was presented, the 32-year-old spent much of the time hunched over, with his forehead nearly touching his knees. But as legal points were being debated without the jury present, Magnotta was often sitting up straight, alert and attentive.

The contrast in behaviour was so evident that Crown prosecutor Louis Bouthillier pointed it out to the judge towards the end of the trial, saying Magnotta was "laying low" when the jury was in, but when jurors were out of the room, "his behaviour is very different."

Bouthillier wanted to ask the Crown's psychiatric expert about it in front of the jury, but Justice Guy Cournoyer indicated it was too late to introduce new material not included in the expert’s report.

5. redheart

redheart Active Member

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...hear-1.2874042

In the jury’s absence, the court saw a photo that may have been distributed online weeks before the crime was committed, allegedly to promote the video posted online and played in court which shows some elements of the killing.

The jury was not allowed to see the photo because the Crown decided not to include it in its original evidence.

"We pondered on that a long time, but we chose not to because we could not prove what we wanted to prove," Bouthillier said, adding it was impossible for investigators to determine exactly when the photo was posted online.

Defence lawyer Luc Leclair objected to the jury seeing the photo, calling it, "extremely incriminating."

"It proves first-degree murder," he told the judge.

The photo shows Magnotta wearing a purple hooded sweatshirt with a screwdriver in his hand, standing in front of a Casablanca movie poster that is featured in the graphic video.

6. Kamille

Kamille Shine bright like a diamond

Jury members were also unaware that Magnotta's demeanour changed when they were in the courtroom.

As testimony was presented, the 32-year-old spent much of the time hunched over, with his forehead nearly touching his knees. But as legal points were being debated without the jury present, Magnotta was often sitting up straight, alert and attentive.

The contrast in behaviour was so evident that Crown prosecutor Louis Bouthillier pointed it out to the judge towards the end of the trial, saying Magnotta was "laying low" when the jury was in, but when jurors were out of the room, "his behaviour is very different."

Bouthillier wanted to ask the Crown's psychiatric expert about it in front of the jury, but Justice Guy Cournoyer indicated it was too late to introduce new material not included in the expert’s report.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...al-what-the-jury-didn-t-see-or-hear-1.2874042

7. Little Jedi

Photo promoting grisly video

In the jury’s absence, the court saw a photo that may have been distributed online weeks before the crime was committed, allegedly to promote the video posted online and played in court which shows some elements of the killing.

The photo shows Magnotta wearing a purple hooded sweatshirt with a screwdriver in his hand, standing in front of a Casablanca movie poster that is featured in the graphic video.
    A photo of Luka Magnotta in front of a Casablanca poster holding a screwdriver was not entered as evidence.

The jury was not allowed to see the photo because the Crown decided not to include it in its original evidence.
    "We pondered on that a long time, but we chose not to because we could not prove what we wanted to prove,"

* Bouthillier said, adding it was impossible for investigators to determine exactly when the photo was posted online. *

* Wait... What.... ? *
    Well we know for a fact it was 'on-line' 15/16th May so clearly quite some time before JL was killed

8. Kamille

I am very confused by this. LeClair admits that it is extremely incriminating and it's the CROWN who decide to exclude it? It was posted to youtube on May 15, 2012. How was that so difficult to prove?

:waitasec:

9. Kamille

I see LM is still pouty and whiny. How could he not expect to get bullied in the prison system? Should have thought about that before slaughtering an innocent man. It also appears that his lawyer is pouty and whiny as well. They were a good match I suppose.

MOO

10. Little Jedi

OMG, no kidding...... :giggle:

“Maybe I’m getting tired, but I don’t understand,” Cournoyer would say, usually in his calm, respectful manner.

He criticized Leclair for wasting time, for not doing his homework and spending precious hours on trains of thought that led nowhere.

“I’ve heard about admissions three weeks ago and it seems like waiting for Godot,” Cournoyer said once.

In response, Leclair would often stop mid-sentence and sit down in silence.

“I don’t appreciate that I’ve been told I’m pouting,” he told the judge, reacting to a particularly harsh scolding.
    "

http://montrealgazette.com/news/national/what-the-magnotta-jurors-didnt-hear-during-the-trial

11. matou

matou #los2188

So now I wonder abut the Crown: why couldn't they prove when it was posted. It was the slam dunk of the case. So go through 2 months+ of trial???? For what??? Extra money??? Pfftttttt..... SMFH

12. Kamille

I know!! They keep talking about a "picture" but what about the fact that the "picture" was uploaded to youtube in a preview "trailer" video on the 15th of May, 10 days before the murder? Did the prosecution even know about his trailer when they decided not to use this piece of evidence?

13. Fairy

Fairy New Member

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/12/15/magnotta-judge-doesnt-think-jury-will-buy-insanity-defence

14. redheart

redheart Active Member

15. redheart

redheart Active Member

I know! I keep rereading it, trying to see if there's something I'm missing...

16. redheart

redheart Active Member

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com...ne-posts-that-luka-magnotta-jurors-didnt-see/

Man, so many gems in here:

17. maxfactor

maxfactor New Member

http://montrealgazette.com/news/national/what-the-magnotta-jurors-didnt-hear-during-the-trial

18. maxfactor

maxfactor New Member

Wow!! Good stuff in this one:
    http://www.torontosun.com/2014/12/15/magnotta-judge-doesnt-think-jury-will-buy-insanity-defence

19. Kamille

I wonder which personality disorder the defence psychiatric experts diagnosed Luc LeClair with? :floorlaugh:

MOO

20. maxfactor

maxfactor New Member

:hilarious:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.