VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. The CA jury did NOT take their duty seriously, IMO, which is why I feel "entitled" to not accept their decision.

The difference for me, is that this jury DOES appear to take their job of deliberations very seriously. This is why, as much as I wouldn't like a verdict of Life, I would accept it. MOO.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I agree with you there...this jury seems to be doing their job and that allows me to be open to accepting whatever they decide. I want the right verdict, which I believe is death, but more importantly I want the jurors to follow instructions they were given to arrive at a fair decision. The CA jurors did not do that. Therein lies the difference.

@thegoldpatrol: #jodiarias vitctim advocate leaves family room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long-time lurker here since the FCA trial and member since October. This is my first post. I just had to share.....I got blocked by JA on Twitter. Hahaha! Her supporters just can't stand when someone throws the truth in their face.

View attachment 70516

:seeya: Hello and :welcome:

:wagon::wagon::wagon:

Long-time lurker here since the FCA trial and member since October. This is my first post. I just had to share.....I got blocked by JA on Twitter. Hahaha! Her supporters just can't stand when someone throws the truth in their face.

View attachment 70516

:welcome: Great first post :thumb:

If ja is given the DP, regarding appeals, costs and years. All she has to do is say she doesn't want to appeal. Just sign the paperwork and stop them. So IMO it's all on her dragging it out. I know of no law that forces a convict to go forward with appeals.

It's what she said she wanted ie begging for the death penalty. So give it to her. No problem.

Will she stop the appeals heck no but she could. So it is her that is costing the state so much money. In fact she could have probably pled life without appeal and got it in the beginning avoided trial and all the costs. So IMO it's all on her....

Moo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From Jeff Gold:
Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq · 21s21 seconds ago

Back in the court house in #JodiArias hoping against hope for verdict.

Family just entered their holding room. Jurors mostly upstairs.

:hilarious: The FOG is getting more attention than the inmate today !

Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 · 4m4 minutes ago

Crazy #fog in downtown #Phoenix this morning. Most parts of the Valley clear, but downtown a different story ! #cool

B_L62ngVAAMyojl.jpg

Boy! Arias' magical thinking technique is powerful. She has called for this, no doubt, to put the jurors in a 'fog'.

:hilarious: The FOG is getting more attention than the inmate today !

Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 · 4m4 minutes ago

Crazy #fog in downtown #Phoenix this morning. Most parts of the Valley clear, but downtown a different story ! #cool

B_L62ngVAAMyojl.jpg

If that isn't a sign I don't know what is. Let's hope the jury comes to a unanimous DP verdict today once the fog has lifted.

MOO

Any news on whether all of the jurors have arrived? Last post by BK said that they were still waiting on 4 jurors...I would be surprised if they were this late :thinking:

ETA: BK says she thinks they are waiting on one juror but trying to confirm

@thegoldpatrol: #jodiarias Travis’s family and friends are here as they are everyday. Such love and dedication to Travis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks the exact same in Houston. It's a bat signal!

If that isn't a sign I don't know what is. Let's hope the jury comes to a unanimous DP verdict today once the fog has lifted.

MOO

Looks the exact same in Houston. It's a bat signal!

you sure got that right, the fog was dark, and heavy this morning when I was out and about..I kept hearing the thriller album in my head as I was driving and waiting for the zombies, lol

hoping its a omen for verdict

If ja is given the DP, regarding appeals, costs and years. All she has to do is say she doesn't want to appeal. Just sign the paperwork and stop them. So IMO it's all on her dragging it out. I know of no law that forces a convict to go forward with appeals.

It's what she said she wanted ie begging for the death penalty. So give it to her. No problem.

Will she stop the appeals heck no but she could. So it is her that is costing the state so much money. In fact she could have probably pled life without appeal and got it in the beginning avoided trial and all the costs. So IMO it's all on her....

Moo

You got me thinking...she might decide she does not want to appeal but only because that decision would get her more attention. She might announce such a decision if that's what it takes to get people interested in her again.

ETA: It's not like she can't take it back later and decide to follow through with appeals.

From the Gold Patrol:

The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol · 10m 10 minutes ago

#jodiarias
Join us in sending love and light to the family today. Let’s hope they never sit in these seats again

B_L7rT6VAAAwb9m.png:large

The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol · 7m 7 minutes ago

#jodiarias vitctim advocate leaves family room.

The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol · 2m 2 minutes ago

#jodiarias

Travis’s family and friends are here as they are everyday. Such love and dedication to Travis.

:grouphug:

Fog

By Carl Sandburg

The fog comes

on little cat feet.

It sits looking

over harbor and city

on silent haunches

and then moves on.

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision · 58s58 seconds ago

Still awaiting the arrival of this guy to the jury room at #JodiArias #VerdictWatch...
B_L-hN-U0AAxAQZ.jpg

---I guess no crockpot was brought in today !

AZL...JM told the jury in closing that they were obligated to accept the first jury's verdict of premeditated murder. Are there any rules that prevented him from stating in closing, explicitly, that the evidence presented in the retrial proved she planned the murder from a distance of 1,000 miles away and 2 months after she left Mesa? And that no evidence presented about her mental illness can explain away that degree of premeditation?

Yes, he could have said that.

Moo

If she gets death, the first appeal will go forward whether she wants it to or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam