VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope, if this jury does not come back with the DP someone keeps a very close eye on Steven, He really worries me.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 11s12 seconds ago
#jodiarias is not back in the courtroom yet

I'm so upset. How we're all the lies allowed to be brought in?

Because our justice system bends over backwards to protect the rights of the defendant, but does nothing to protect the rights of the victim. What about a system that simply seeks the truth?

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin 55s56 seconds ago
Possible jurors already coming back with questions like Stephens suggested? #JodiArias

I think that today is that day. One way or the other. Im so glad they tried but now it just has to be over give her LWP and that is that. No direct appeal and she is off into the prison system to be just another member.

Give her LWP? You mean you want her to have a chance at being paroled in 25 years? Life With Parole?

Its bad enough thinking the jury isn't going to give her what she deserves (DP) based on what the evidence showed.

But LWP would certainly be a slap in the face to Travis, and his family.

Tweets:

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 · 1m1 minute ago

Back in courtroom. #JodiArias. Attorneys and judge here.

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras · 1m1 minute ago

Everyone is assembling again in #jodiarias. Maybe this is the end--judge is at sidebar with attorneys.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 29s29 seconds ago
Alexander family and friends here #jodiarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 12s13 seconds ago
And we're in recess. Have no idea what that was about. #jodiarias

The word was a-hole. I said it after a long history of saying otherwise privately and on the board, responded to with insults, privately and on the board. Reporting myself.

I hope they postpone your "sentence" until after verdict watch. Let's get through this last hellish hours together.

Wow.
This crap sure makes me corny.

Oh there will be a few with a lot more power than she will ever see in a woman's prison. Still amazed that she had no real friends willing to testify for her, matter of fact there are very few female names even mentioned in her journals, etc. Women do.not.like.her. She will be kind of a new curiosity when she first gets there, but that will fade fairly quickly I think. From then on, this lying, manipulative will be seen as just that by those around her. Her little hobby about making up stuff and whining to one person about another will catch up to her pretty fast there too, IMO. She's going to tattle or gossip about the wrong person, sooner rather than later, and she will learn just how much power she doesn't have. I'll bet several 'leaders' there are already waiting for her...

Oh I think Jodi had some friends. Just not the kind of girls one would want as 'character witnesses'. They just could not find any decent friends to testify. MOO

that's why you can see it. i do twitter so someone blocked me and I didn't even get into it with anyone.

this is like the roller coaster ride from h e double hockey sticks!! That poor family deserves a verdict. No matter what it is, they deserve a verdict!!!

She will definitely see this as a win. She will smile in evil satisfaction and think she still 'has it' and can still manipulate people into believing her lies.
I agree. And while in court she smiles, as the Alexanders cry.

Let them go home and forget about her.

I hope there are no interviews with her mother.

The word was a-hole. I said it after a long history of saying otherwise privately and on the board, responded to with insults, privately and on the board. Reporting myself.

We are all on the same side here. Let's not turn against one another because this jury can't agree on a sentence.

I'm just going to reiterate what I said in the first trial. 12 strangers should not be deciding Jodi's fate. That, in my opinion, should be the back up system. Personally, I believe the family, friends, and loved ones of the victim should have the right to determine the sentence of the perpetrator that took their loved one away unless they would prefer not to. There are many families that wouldn't choose death but for those that would, and desire it for the perpetrator, it seems an added cruelty to leave it in the hands of others.

JMO

Bravo ! I completely agree.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 24s24 seconds ago
We are in recess......ugggh #jodiarias #3tvarias

oh for christ sake!

just tell them to go home sherry and be done with it!!!!!! not like you actually give a carp anyway

On the other hand, if she gets death, she becomes a celebrity of sorts. She'd probably be featured in any number of death-penalty themed documentaries and such, not to mention much interest in her appeals. If she get LWOP, she is no longer interesting to anybody and she'll just disappear in there. I don't even want to entertain the possibility that she could get LWP.

I agree. I'm kind of glad she won't be a special snowflake anymore or ever again. Just another lifer in general population, living in fear with hated in her heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie