VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44, Part 2

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by LambChop, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Val1

Val1 New Member

The first jury.

2. RadarLuv

RadarLuv New Member

Has no one noticed that I have been stuck in the wrong year ALL day?

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

3. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

OT: And to expound on that , I would set it up in "law library" decor: warm, dark wood; carefully designed, cozy dimmed lighting (most restaurants have horrible lighting, lol) , including sectioned off booths; some separate areas with cozy chairs and love seats; and dark wood book shelves along the walls filled with law books and such. The bar itself would be the judge's bench aka The SideBar :giggle: I can dream can't I ? :)

4. Steve44

Steve44 Active Member

That's the problem. It's not automatically to LWOP. One of Katiecoolady's sisters' killers almost became eligible for parole after an additional five years at the whim of an anti-DP judge. It didn't happen in the end but it very well could have.

5. neesaki

:giggle: I love when you guys make me laugh :floorlaugh:

6. neesaki

How's it going Mrs G !! :seeya:

7. MeeBee

MeeBee Active Member

8. neesaki

Totally agree Scarlett, it's exploitation, unethical and repugnant. But that's who this DT is.

9. daisydomino

daisydomino Active Member

10. Val1

Val1 New Member

I would even suggest just DP or LWOP as their choices. Then if it's a hung jury, have the LWP as a third option for the judge should they be swayed by the new mitigation the DT is allowed to present... oh and make sure the jury knows what each choice really means, none of this not knowing that choosing Life means the judge then gets to choose what that means, it might provide enough incentive for those who are firm on their convictions to try harder for a unanimous verdict.

11. Peepers McPeep

Peepers McPeep "I saw that." ~ Karma

Aw! What a Buzz-kill.

12. wonders

wonders My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are

BBM:
    I don't know how to tie one post from a thread to another so I copied and pasted this below from the Ask A Lawyer Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by grammieto5 View Post
    Hello AZL If the jury returns with the DP is there a time limit for an appeal to be made? How many appeals can be made? Thank you for all your time spent here on WS!
    AZlawyer
    If the verdict is DP, the judge will then schedule a sentencing hearing. She could do it right away, but I think she will need a hearing to see if there should be victim compensation included (funeral expenses, etc.). That should be scheduled 1-2 months after the verdict. After the sentence is actually imposed, the clerk will file an appeal immediately. However, jurisdiction will likely be returned to JSS for a few months to deal with post-trial motions filed by Nurmi.

13. neesaki

Interesting, we could also have drinks named after major players in this trial... Juan's Margarita ? Wonder what kind of drinks could be named after Nurmi and Willmott ? :thinking:

14. Steve44

Steve44 Active Member

Now, now, I think it's selfish, but I wouldn't try to swat her for it!

15. krkrjx

krkrjx The answer is blowin' in the wind.

Agree completely with this!

It's more than a little strange that the system entrusts 12 citizens with the task of deciding between life and death, yet does not trust them to decide if the life sentence should be natural life or otherwise.

16. Wing Ding

Wing Ding Trial Junkie

Thanks, TM. So I guess it's up to the jury then to evaluate the evidence and testimony to strike all the mitigators (such as they are) so ultimately all that's left is the lone aggravating factor of cruelty against her? I do understand that if any of the jurors feel that JA has even one mitigator in her favor that negates their single vote for death penalty verdict. Veddy intedestingk. We shall see.

17. neesaki

They had witnessed Jodi 's weird behavior, spying on Travis, following him everywhere, listening outside the bathroom door when he was in there. That's all I remember.

18. Steve44

Steve44 Active Member

The Slime Highway?

19. Turnadot

Turnadot New Member

Was doing my errands today and mulling it over. I want Arias to receive the DP, but even if she doesn't there's no way she's ever coming out of Perryville alive. As someone posted succinctly yesterday (paraphrased and IIRC): either way Jodi will go into Perryville alive and come out dead.

If the jury deadlocks, IMO JSS will give Arias LWOP. Her record doesn't paint her as lenient.

JMHO

20. turaj

turaj Well-Known Member

this judge was great,,as said above he really kept things moving....had some personality but not obnoxious ...had the respect of all involved in the trial.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.