VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she's a nice woman who crossed paths with a psychopath. Jodi began saying she was going to marry Travis in December. She would meet him there and for a while it was normal laughing and hand holding according to Sky. Then Jodi started whining that Travis wasn't asking her to move to Mesa. She complained that she wasn't #1 on his MySpace. She made her MySpace likes and such a mirror of Travis's page. She complained that Travis always told Deanna that he loved her.
When she told Jodi she was no longer welcome at the house, Jodi stayed another couple of hours. After that they didn't speak at PPL functions. The next time they heard from her was after she killed Travis she emailed them to see if they were ok.
She knew Jodi was to blame when they learned Travis was dead but she didn't want it to be true. It broke her heart that Travis knew in his last moments that this person he had once cared so much for was killing him
I like Chris and Skye. They come across as utterly sincere and honest but were caught up in the manipulative machinations of an evil sociopath, to come out the other side suffering the loss of very dear friend. They probably went through long dark hours wishing they had done more and perhaps feeling in some small way responsible, but eventually coming to terms with the fact that a very dark force had entered their lives and there was very little they could have done about it.

I like Chris and Skye. They come across as utterly sincere and honest but were caught up in the manipulative machinations of an evil sociopath, to come out the other side suffering the loss of very dear friend. They probably went through long dark hours wishing they had done more and perhaps feeling in some small way responsible, but eventually coming to terms with the fact that a very dark force had entered their lives and there was nothing they could have done about it.
I'm not well versed on them or what happened. Are they the ones who said Travis was playing Jodi?

Ok...just called netflix customer service....and told them about websleuths and crazy trial watching people. He sent it in as a suggestion....

The video that is shot is not the same quality as the stream we watched. They had camera people shooting from more one location I would imagine. I read the court video is from a stationary camera at the back of the courtroom. It doesn't move or zoom and it is shot through glass. I believe the tv station that shot video from the media room owns their video. I know Beth Karas said she is going to get it and put it up. I have a lifetime ban since I dared to ask the wrong question over there.

Its almost like if they vote for life their voice doesn't count. There should be 3 choices for them. DP, life, life with parole but it should be jurors decision.

Yeah, I think its really a ridiculous system. If I was a juror I would give her the death penalty because it is warranted in this case. But if for some reason I thought one of her mitigating factors was actually sufficient, like if I thought her mental health dx was enough*, I would still feel like she was too dangerous to share this earth with the rest of us. I would want the choice to keep her in prison until she died.

*hypothetically

The first jury.

How come you think they weren't hung? I am pretty sure they said they were, but I was on Percocet recovering from surgery, so I could have totally imagined that entire verdict day!

Munching Oreos and imagining the scummy showers that vicious, stabby persons must use in PerryVille.
Scummy soap slime melting down walls, black gunk in the crevices, leg chains clanking, echoing off the concrete.
Tiny bottle of Prell and crusty Lava soap. Burlap granny undies.

How often do inmates change clothes?
Does a new set of under-bloomers get stuffed through the food slot every morning?
Are you chained to the wall by the leg while you shower, or is that a choking hazard?
Do staff address you by last name, or, a number, do they use a calm tone or a stern tone?
Is there maid service to mop up spills.
Does Large Marge occasionally hose down the cell, while a convict is on the hamster wheel outside?
I have these and many other questions...to pass the time..

Curiosity killed the cat.
Satisfaction brought it back.

I believe inmates are given three pairs of panties, a bra, and three pairs of socks upon arrival, and a similar minimal amount of other clothing items, such as tee-shirts and pants. They can purchase a sweatshirt and shorts from the prison "store." They are provided a pair of shoes, but have to buy their own Nike-types from the store for mega-bucks. I read this information in the book "Slumber Party in Hell."

I'm not well versed on them or what happened. Are they the ones who said Travis was playing Jodi?
Yes there were emails between them and Travis about and early in his relationship with Jodi that the defense picked and culled from to paint their slimy picture of Travis. What they didn't say was that those emails were based on Jodi's two-faced manipulation of both Travis and the Hughes. Just like most people in the beginning, they took Jodi at face value and bought what she was selling them. At the end they were desperately trying to warn Travis about Jodi but he still couldn't see it. At the very end when Travis finally saw the real Jodi it was too late, in fact that's probably why she killed him.

Oh my gosh, I don't know how to ask this question as I am confused about what I'm trying to ask. But, when a verdict is reached and the jury enters the courtroom, do jurors usually look at the victim's family/supporters if a "positive" verdict has been reached? I've heard chatter about this before and I'm curious.

* The Slimeball Highball?

ROFLMAO at the new drink names at our new establishment where we all go for Happy Hour after a hard day of jury deliberations.

- Heading over to the "Slimeball Highball" after deliberations tomorrow

Havent decided which drink im starting with:

-"Whiney Wilmcott Winecooler"
'"Nurmeister Draft"
-"Nurmi Goldschlagger" (not to be confused with a "Nurmi Golddigger")
-"Wilmcrotch Scotch"
-"Jodi Bitter Hurricane"
-"Jodi Triple Secs"
-"Jodi Dirty Martini"

Dry Sherry.

Jodi on the rocks.

You guys are all so amazing, creative and witty ! You bring to me smiles and laughter, even in the midst of the tragedy of this case and the drama and chaos of this trial. Thank you all, you are
superbly fantastic! Thank You! :loveyou:

Oh my gosh, I don't know how to ask this question as I am confused about what I'm trying to ask. But, when a verdict is reached and the jury enters the courtroom, do jurors usually look at the victim's family/supporters if a "positive" verdict has been reached? I've heard chatter about this before and I'm curious.
I guess it's possible but there's no rules about it. It's up to the individual jurors I guess. I would think they try to look neutral, but it would be up to them. They are also free to talk to the media or anyone individually after the trial if they want to express their true thoughts and feelings during the trial.

I believe inmates are given three pairs of panties, a bra, and three pairs of socks upon arrival, and a similar minimal amount of other clothing items, such as tee-shirts and pants. They can purchase a sweatshirt and shorts from the prison "store." They are provided a pair of shoes, but have to buy their own Nike-types from the store for mega-bucks. I read this information in the book "Slumber Party in Hell."

Good book

Yes there were emails between them and Travis about and early in his relationship with Jodi that the defense picked and culled from to paint their slimy picture of Travis. What they didn't say was that those emails were based on Jodi's two-faced manipulation of both Travis and the Hughes. Just like most people in the beginning, they took Jodi at face value and bought what she was selling them. At the end they were desperately trying to warn Travis about Jodi but he still couldn't see it. At the very end when Travis finally saw the real Jodi it was too late, in fact that's probably why she killed him.
Thanks so much for the rundown.

I can empathise with them.

I guess it's possible but there's no rules about it. It's up to the individual jurors I guess. I would think they try to look neutral, but it would be up to them. They are also free to talk to the media or anyone individually after the trial if they want to express their true thoughts and feelings during the trial.

Okay, Thank you :seeya:

ROFLMAO at the new drink names at our new establishment where we all go for Happy Hour after a hard day of jury deliberations.

- Heading over to the "Slimeball Highball" after deliberations tomorrow

Havent decided which drink im starting with:

-"Whiney Wilmcott Winecooler"
'"Nurmeister Draft"
-"Nurmi Goldschlagger" (not to be confused with a "Nurmi Golddigger")
-"Wilmcrotch Scotch"
-"Jodi Bitter Hurricane"
-"Jodi Triple Secs"
-"Jodi Dirty Martini"

Oh come on Hatfield, one of each, all on me... LOL

Thanks emilycat! Good info - I wasn't aware of that but often wondered.

Found perfect one for Jodi
Satan's B?#$&h

Drink Type: Cocktail
Ingredients
2 oz. Whiskey
2 oz. Jagermeister
4 oz. Coca Cola
7 oz. Faygo
Instructions
Combine in order over ice in a highball glass.

{QUOTE=emilycat;11557679]I believe inmates are given three pairs of panties, a bra, and three pairs of socks upon arrival, and a similar minimal amount of other clothing items, such as tee-shirts and pants. They can purchase a sweatshirt and shorts from the prison "store." They are provided a pair of shoes, but have to buy their own Nike-types from the store for mega-bucks. I read this information in the book "Slumber Party in Hell."[/QUOTE]

Ahh. Interesting.
Thank you, emilycat!
She's a clothes horse! <chuckle>

I'm happy the killer will sit, and stare at blue paint, and know the blue is the ghost that will haunt her,
Travis blue,
all her days.
She'll never be free, or free of him, like she wanted.
Muahahaha..

Another evil spirit locked away.
On, to the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads