VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by LambChop, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve44

Steve44 Active Member

There was a secret meeting in the courtroom between the judge, the prosecution, the defense, and the Alexander's, for like an hour, then the court said "Media, media, quick, come in!" when they did, the court said "Sorry!!!, You missed it."

2. Kadoober

Kadoober Get Me A Vodka Rocks… And A Piece Of Toast.

I really feel for this jury. I can't imagine how disorienting it must have been to sit through months on end of victim trashing, with the occasional bit of mitigating 'evidence' thrown in here and there. Sorting the wheat from the chaff has to be brutal. I give them a lot of credit for not throwing in the towel. Go jury, go!

3. JSR

JSR Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the ri

No matter their verdict or non verdict at this point this jury gets my respect. They are legitimately trying to get a verdict and has put far more thought and time than both the casey Anthony and OJ panel did.

4. mydirtysecret

mydirtysecret Member

Combined:scared:

5. JSR

Or some Opus One. I will gladly send a bottle if it helps lol!

6. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

Based on other cases that have been mentioned here, it could potentially go 3-4 more days, but we should definitely know something one way or the other by the end of next week. I predict Perryville by St. Patrick's Day, unless there is a delay in sentencing.

7. Dr. Know?

Dr. Know? Former Member

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 1m1 minute ago
    It's getting pretty late in the day. �� #jodiarias

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 2m2 minutes ago
    Sidebars and Secrets, Chapter 4: (30 blank pages).

8. RadarLuv

RadarLuv New Member

If they cannot figure it out by now they need to call it. Someone or several people are never going to budge.

9. ShadyLady

ShadyLady Well-Known Member

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/12/jury-foreman-says-he-voted-life-arias

What can you say....

10. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Well-Known Member

MODs have been busy it seems. Thanks for all you do trying to keep up with this verdict watch.

11. JSR

Well we don't know that and we don't know if there has been discussion on if the minority jurors are open to changing their mind. Maybe they are and maybe there is only one holdout. They owe it to the Alexanders to give it everything they've got to get this done. And it looks like that's what they are doing.

12. Kaddy Wonders

Kaddy Wonders Member

To further the story, as long as are waiting together, the judge at the end of the trial said he could see that we had taken our verdict really hard. He said that if it appeared that the court and lawyers and staff were not, it was because they went through this day after day, month after month, all kinds of cases and verdicts, and it becomes the norm. He said that pursuing justice is not easy, but it is our duty as members of a free society.
    It's a heavy duty.

13. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

Everyone needs to have patience. It could take a couple weeks. It took several days in the Scott Peterson case. The jury even had the foreman removed. We don't know what is going on. But for the Alexander's sake, they should not just "call it"!

14. Steve44

Steve44 Active Member

But this trial can alter your perspective on that.

15. Shadowboy

Shadowboy New Member

Those who subscribe to BK will probably be able to give us an accurate count. BK is evidently the "official" timekeeper for the gathered media.

I'm surprised -- and pleased -- the jury came back at it today with dedication. IMO, that's a good sign they took JSS's words to heart with re: review the evidence and deliberate. My (ever expanding) gut says yesterday's questions were what to do about jurors who refused move off a set position.

JSS refused to include LKN's request about reminding the jurors 'it's a personal decision' (not a direct quote) ... That speaks volumes to me. No, it's not strictly a personal decision. It's a decision based on evidence, discussion, and informed reasoning.

16. Wing Ding

Wing Ding Trial Junkie

Wasn't sure if you saw my reply or not, lithgow1. I guess it was deleted for being off topic. I should have commented on bathroom breaks, crock pots or llamas instead. Those topics seem to be safe. [sigh]

17. jamiect

jamiect Wandering but not lost

Steve Krafft @SKrafftFox10 · 38s 39 seconds ago
    Still waiting #JodiAria

18. RadarLuv

RadarLuv New Member

Humor me .......It's just the 4:30 blues.....

[​IMG]

19. raisincharlie

raisincharlie Racing Doesn't Lie

Sheriff Joe better make sure he takes away all her stuff before sentencing, especially paper. Don't want her to slit her wrists before she hears her fate :)

20. mck16

mck16 New Member

These meetings are only secret to the press. The people who need to know what they are about are in the meetings. The judge made it clear from the beginning that the press was not going to be privy to the proceedings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.