VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by LambChop, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

New reporters rarely name their sources. If the source is named then the source stops talking to the press.

All I know there was a deep conversation about JSS and how this trial has been conducted differently than any other they have ever known.

2. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

3. steelman

steelman Former Member

A) As long as they want to

B) Until one of Jodi's supporters takes a picture of one of the jurors and posts it on the internet.-----> INSTANT Mistrial !!

I'm having a really hard time with the way they are just letting these jurors mingle and mix with the crowd. Everybody there has a cell phone with a camera in it. That is exactly the kind of thing that Nurmi is hoping will happen. This has been going on for 4 days now.

4. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

Yeah, but the downside to doing that is that they want to get the heck out of there! That's a big reason Casey Anthony's jury gave short shrift to deliberations. They couldn't wait to get to DisneyWorld for the 4th of July!!!

5. ScarlettScarpetta

ScarlettScarpetta When the going gets tough, drink coffee

I think you get the best result from a jury when they are not sequestered. But if they are in trial they won't be at work watching TV.. :)
    I think that people need to be on their own and be able to live their lives at night.
    I think that people on juries want to do the right thing and will if left to do it.

6. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

No, but this was during the time the jury is normally at lunch. But I believe if the jury is there the media is entitled to be there, too. I don't think the judge can keep them out. Maybe we will hear from the JA camp tonight.

7. AZlawyer

AZlawyer Verified Attorney

That would cause a major brouhaha (spelling?) but not a mistrial. :)

8. raisincharlie

raisincharlie Racing Doesn't Lie

It would take a considerable amount of time just to get through one DT witness. Crazy stuff there.

Hey LoneTraveler -good to see you too :)

9. Nikki In Denver

Nikki In Denver New Member

I LOVE when "modsnip" is used in a sentence.

....carry on. [emoji4]

10. Shadowboy

Shadowboy New Member

I'm going to veer OT a little bit and offer my (ill-informed) thoughts from the CA trial. THAT jury WAS sequestered, right? Just before Memorial Day. IIRC, that jury lost most the 'school summer vacation' (ie. kids out of school, time for vacations).

IMO, the CA jury was pizzed and fed up. Again, in my opinion, sequestering a jury is simply 'cruel' and has no benefit in the search for justice.

11. ScarlettScarpetta

ScarlettScarpetta When the going gets tough, drink coffee

Okay the other thread went Poof!

12. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

13. Mrs G Norris

Mrs G Norris Well-Known Member

Oh yeah .. ok now I don't know if I should repeat my question or not .. I'll wait I think.

14. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes Fasten your seatbelts...

Time for me to bid you "Adieu" to spend some quality time with DH while I sip some fine red wine. It's been a pleasure to celebrate my 5th anniversary as a Websleuther with the fine folks who are following the JA case. Have a wonderful evening. :toastred:

15. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

While this state is the only one I am aware of that has this particular law I think it has to be a legally sound one. If not the USSC would have struck it down by now. This is the fifth case I am aware of in Arizona that has had the sentencing phase done twice. Like I mentioned earlier... three out of the four (before the JA case) ended in the defendants receiving death and one received LWOP. So they do seem to have more success than not when achieving the death penalty the second time around.

I suppose it is no different than retrying a defendant multiple times in the guilt phase if they get a hung jury each time. I read about a case where a man was tried 7 times before he was finally convicted.

16. deedee21

deedee21 Well-Known Member

Nurmi and Wilmer had this judge pegged. They used her like a pawn in a chess game.

17. lithgow1

lithgow1 New Member

Thanks a lot for that. So was/is the jury aware that she refused to get back on the stand? I hope so. It's probably one of the few times in her life she knocked back the opportunity of an audience.

18. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

Sorry, it was me. I had a double post while I was copying over the header page and I took down the wrong one. It's back up.

19. RadarLuv

RadarLuv New Member

Is there a new link?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.