VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
The jurors heard and processed the information they were charged with. I think it's completely and utterly unfair to speak badly or call them names.

I think this should all be over, but if this is the case, if we realize this woman was a "supporter", can there be a mistrial? I didn't follow the Dippolito trial, but read here yesterday that she won an appeal based on a "juror issue". I bet prosecution only gets to appeal, not the state, however, again, it is probably best to put this to rest.

No it doesn't work that way. Only defendants get appeals

So she lied to get on the jury. And that first question about could she be replaced with an alternate was the jurors way of trying to get that point across to the :censored: judge. That juror should have been KICKED off the jury at that moment. :furious:

That isn't who wanted to switch out. It was someone who wanted the alternate who was upset about not being in deliberations, that offered to let her take his/her place.

I think this should all be over, but if this is the case, if we realize this woman was a "supporter", can there be a mistrial? I didn't follow the Dippolito trial, but read here yesterday that she won an appeal based on a "juror issue". I bet prosecution only gets to appeal, not the state, however, again, it is probably best to put this to rest.

I'm pretty certain there's no appeal of this outcome for any reason now. In the Dippolito case, the appellate court found that the defense's request to individually question each potential juror should have been allowed, but wasn't iirc.

watching JM on AZ central total class act imo

Not sure how people are coming to the conclusion that she is a Jodi supporter or lied to get on the jury? Based on what?

anytime a DT gets their client out of the DP..its a victory, like it or not that is how it is..They did their job and they are happy..victory for them. Loss for Travis..SUCKS!
Absolutely they did their job, I've no problems with them doing what they took an oath to do. However, when the victim's family is wailing with grief, it's classier to stfu and maybe save the victory lap for another day.

JMHO

Both defense and state had a chance to question potential jurors during voir dire. WHY did the state allow ANY juror on the panel who disclosed they had DV in their past? The state knew Arias was claiming she was abused by TA. This phase was decided when the jurors were seated. Jury selection is the most important time in a trial.

We don't know if Juan argued against this juror or not...but, I doubt Sherry would have allowed him to strike if he wanted to. Must be such a relief that the jury hung for some. Travis who?

Jeez-why can't Nurmi just say something like "I feel terrible for the Alexander family-but this is my job, so I did it"? Why does he have to rub it in by calling the hung jury a victory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288