Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes there are news reports of possible violence in Florida depending upon the verdict. I'm hearing it and I don't live in FL.

GZ also said he heard TM say "ow ow" after the "you got me, you got me" so he knew he shot him.

Right - plus got up and fell over on his stomach with his hands folded under himself - all in the 10 - 15 seconds he would have left to be conscious.

IMO - clearly another lie from George. What 17 year old boy would say that? Too corny to even consider.

Truthfully, I am hoping for a hung jury. Maybe the State won't retry if that happens. IMO, the State had a huge burden of proof for Murder 2 that it did not meet. IMO, the threat TM posed did not exactly warrant a GSW. Please do not throw stones! JMV

If there isn't a Not Guilty verdict (which I think there should be in this case), I hope for a hung jury. Then, the crap will really hit the fan and all the corruption in this case will be exposed - it has already started....

I'm torn between what verdict to give, I don't believe he deserves life, or death, but I'm not sure he should "walk" either. Again, he's not a murderer and I don't believe he had that in his heart that night, but all this happened because of his assumption. I also believe he's not telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me God. He played a MAJOR role in that night.. again, not sure what verdict to give.. manslaughter in a lesser degree???? I don't know :blushing:

Thanks! I was lurking here during Arias trial and really appreciate the WS community. I thought it was much more respectful to quit lurking and come on in. FYI - small town MO is not too far from where I am (mid-size AR) :)

hi neighbor!!

NCgramma linked to this article in the media thread,
I find this utterly appalling. Firing the whistleblower??? What will be next? I doubt Angela Corey will be elected to another term.

The state holding onto the text messages on TMs phone is incomprehensible. The judge didn't allow them in because they couldn't be "verified". The defense didn't have the time to verify these messages before the trial, but one would bet IF GZ is convicted of anything this will come up on appeal. IMO

State Attorney Angela Corey fires information techonology director who raised concerns in Trayvon Martin case

It's unethical and illegal. Brady violation.

If the barrel flipped up and back into his face, where is the injury from the other parts of the weapon? Why is there only one 1/4" scratch? None of the physical evidence lines up with your assertions. The front sight post would have scratched him. The other side of the rear sights would have scratched him. He would have a long scratch down the side of his nose if it was so forceful.

Or do you believe a very small edge of his gun only contacting him on a very small edge of his nose would exert enough force to break his nose and slam his head back into the ground?

I'm all for alternate theories that makes sense. This doesn't make sense.

:twocents:

ETA: Also, why no blood on any of the surfaces of the weapon if it cut Zimmerman?

Blood came after the recoil not at the same time. I doubt he wiped his face with his gun.

You have no way of knowing which part of the weapon hit his nose.
There are cuts and scrapes by the bridge and tip.
I implore you to fire THIS weapon with one hand, 4 inches from your face with someone Trayvon's size pushing your arm back towards your head while lying on the ground with you're head above concrete.....and get back to me.

Wondering if the pic shown yesterday on TV (reportedly shown to the jury early on in testimony) has changed any minds here.

The pic is very graphic and I will not post a link, but it sure puts the skipping due to baggy pants to rest, shows minimal grass stains and seriously TM does not even look like he was in a roll on the ground tussle. WOW just WOW.

TM was wearing khakis, skinny khakis.

If it's the image I saw yesterday (on a different forum) it certainly surprised me as well.

According to her posting history, I'm pretty sure she just left a word out.

Nobody wants riots.

IMO

YUP!!! After she clarified that I went back up and edited my post. I figured that was the case but didn't want it hanging out like that.

Starting with the firing of the IT guy this AM, the stink behind this case is about to be let loose. It's not going to be pretty for them.

Justice for George

IMO

Right - plus got up and fell over on his stomach with his hands folded under himself - all in the 10 - 15 seconds he would have left to be conscious.

IMO - clearly another lie from George. What 17 year old boy would say that? Too corny to even consider.

Yeah I have to admit GZ said some corny things through all this. I also believe he's lying and not telling all. :twocents: Gosh, when I hear the NE call it sounds so silly to me that he thinks someone looks like they are up to no good because they are leisurely walking in the rain, not trying to get out of it, not like some "athlete" training in the rain. Whatever... lol

Not going to happen - she fired him because he directly contacted the defense team which is against their code of ethics.

He was fired because he did this months ago and apparently did this because he was concerned he would be held criminally responsible. Yet he continued to work for the prosecution. If he was so convinced of wrong doing - he should have resigned.

I'm currently watching the hearing that preceded his, of Mr White, on YT. It is quite interesting. The prosecution has an obligation to release everything, I guess this guy wanted to make sure that it was. Good for him, I see a nice settlement in his future. IMO.

Thanks! I was lurking here during Arias trial and really appreciate the WS community. I thought it was much more respectful to quit lurking and come on in. FYI - small town MO is not too far from where I am (mid-size AR) :)

Welcome to our group KittyMomma....happy to have you here.

:wagon:

Yes there are news reports of possible violence in Florida depending upon the verdict. I'm hearing it and I don't live in FL.
Thanks...I'll google it.

ETA: I'm glad to see the police are being hyper-vigilant...but what are they basing all of this on?? Have groups been calling for demonstrations?

Even reading these articles, the tone scares me. I have vivid memories of driving down South as a child. I remember what it was like. :(

HLN just reported abt 30 supporters out for Trayvon and a handful for George. imo

Too far for the slide to hit him in the nose. Recoil from a 9mm handgun is just not very much. MOO.

I don't doubt what you're saying, I just have a few questions for you (or anyone else that knows more about recoil than I.)

If the handgun recoiled, wouldn't everyone's respective positions keep it from ever getting close to George's face?

If George fired "from the hip", wouldn't the recoil push it back towards his hip?

Or, if there was sufficient room between George and Trayvon for a recoil, wouldn't Trayvon's falling on George block the gun from recoiling?

I'm not quite saying what I am picturing... I guess I am thinking that in order for a gun to recoil to George's face, wouldn't it have had to recoil in an L shape? That is, assuming there was any recoil, which I am not sure even happened.

Blood came after the recoil not at the same time. I doubt he wiped his face with his gun.
But capillaries would have been cut, and blood would still be present on the weapon from the severance of the capillaries. It wasn't just a little razor cut. There was a nice laceration going on.

You have no way of knowing which part of the weapon hit his nose.
There are cuts and scrapes by the bridge and tip.
So there was some crazy acrobatics and the gun that's over 5" long from blade sight to rear sight somehow fit in between the 2-3" length of a human nose?

I might go with Occam's razor on that one.

I implore you to fire THIS weapon with one hand, 4 inches from your face with someone Trayvon's size pushing your arm back towards your head while lying on the ground with you're head above concrete.....and get back to me.
So I assume this means you could not find an example of a 9mm ever giving someone a bloody nose from the recoil alone, as has been consistently suggested. Now we're moving the goalposts and Trayvon is forcefully pushing Zimmerman's gun and hands back towards his head at the same time.

Let's do this experiment. Takes literally 5 seconds of your time. I would urge everyone in the thread that is interested in this assertion to do the same.

Take your hand and form a fist with it. With the outside edge of your thumb's knuckle, slowly move it towards your face to your nose. Get a feel for how difficult it would be for something traveling with any amount of force to just stop at that one area of your nose and only leave a 1/4" mark. Imagine the force necessary to bloody a nose and make it swell to the size seen in the picture. Gather up all the intellectual honesty you can muster and try to rationalize how something moving at that level of force would only cut a 1/4" section of his nose and not continue to cut down the side of his nose and below the eye, or even go into the eye. It is simply not feasible or rational for this to be the case.

fwiw, I heard Hornsby say that, while Nelson did question the authenticity, she ultimately based her decision on relevance. I heard the argument, but did not hear her ruling the next morning, so idk if he's accurate or not. I assume that he is since he's been paying close attention to the trial. jmo

Could the judge's choice of relevance v authenticity as the basis for her decision make any difference in the appeals process?

Well, here it is, SATURDAY, and here I am still parked behind this computer screen :banghead: I think I'm actually now glued to this chair... GET A LIFE PAPERDOLL!!!! :scared:

I don't doubt what you're saying, I just have a few questions for you (or anyone else that knows more about recoil than I.)

If the handgun recoiled, wouldn't everyone's respective positions keep it from ever getting close to George's face?

If George fired "from the hip", wouldn't the recoil push it back towards his hip?

Or, if there was sufficient room between George and Trayvon for a recoil, wouldn't Trayvon's falling on George block the gun from recoiling?

I'm not quite saying what I am picturing... I guess I am thinking that in order for a gun to recoil to George's face, wouldn't have had to recoil in an L shape? That is, assuming there was any recoil, which I am not sure even happened.
I'm not even sure that the gun was anywhere near his face when the shots were fired. There's too much time to move it from his holster up to near his face for that to be likely. I assert he most likely drew it (made sure he drew it properly), pointed it at Martin, and shot him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member