**Verdict watch weekend discussion thread** 3/3-4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone using Michelle Young's credit card made a purchase from a cigar store in Tampa, duing a family trip to visit - ironically - Michelle and Mr. Money. This was in 2004, within a month of Cassidy Young's birth. Strictly going by the evidence, Michelle Young ade some purchase at the time of their daughter's birth, and no other records exist that show Jason Young purchased any tobacco products. Michelle, in fact, was a light social smoker at some point. No one has testified to ever seeing Jason Young smoke. Testimony has been provided by one of his closest friends that Jason never smoked.

<modsnip>.

I dont normally smoke.. None of my family has seen me smoke... Most of my friends havent, but I have smoked before....

OT Watching 48 hours..couple beat to death, no forced entry, no money stolen even though it was sticking out of victims pant pocket, clear bloody shoe prints on floor...cops believe prints were staged, and victims hit so many times...20X's and right away cops feel the victims knew the person. Can't eliminate son. Sounds familiar.

IMO, 30 blows to someone's head with a long heavy object is NOT going to leave any sort of injury to one's hands. To those who doubt this, haven't any of you ever split a load of firewood? When splitting logs, one uses a long, heavy object, an axe. Seldom is one able to split a log with only one or two swings of the axe. So let's use as an example, 2 swings for each log. That means one would only be splitting 15 logs for the fire place. When I was younger, even I have split a few logs, without injury to my hands. When we cut down trees and split the wood for the fireplace, the job was accomplished without any hand injuries.

Yep Glee and all those construction workers that do demolition work with sledge hammers day in and day out! Firewood and 2x4s are much harder than human flesh and bones!

It happened again 2 days ago. Wife was 5 months pregnant. Luckily he wasn't able to kill his entire family! (or himself) It happens when men don't want kids or more kids.
It happens when men have a habit of running around. They love sex! BUT pregnancy? not so much! If they ever develop a profile of men who murder the women they impregnate JY, just like Scott Peterson would fit the mold nicely. IMO MY is lucky JY didn't kill her before she had her first baby and should never have attempted a 2nd child with him ~however I am NOT saying SHE knew that! I find JY to be a pompass creepy person.
~moo
http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/region...talized-after-shooting-in-suburban-lake-worth

OT Thank god that little girl ran. She might very well have save herself and her brother if he survives. :(

Yes, just like the SBI and LE/judicial system, there have been scandals in the HP but not in its ability to conduct investigations. Anybody would put him in uniform, but at no time did they hide that he was with HP. Pretty clever move on the DT. Shame the PT did not thing of that first.

I agree, that switcharoo was a clever move by Collins.
He needed to bolster his credibility for sure.

They were most likely admiring those MANY ribbons and medal he was wearing across his chest.. I know I was... But then, I have many military in my family and a grandson with a chest full from being deployed to Iraq 2 times.

Tell ur son thanks for serving for us couger..... My 2 bro in laws made the Air Force a life long career... Lots and lots of ribbons...

Someone using Michelle Young's credit card made a purchase from a cigar store in Tampa, during a family trip to visit - ironically - Michelle and Mr. Money. This was in 2004, within a month of Cassidy Young's birth. Strictly going by the evidence, Michelle Young made some purchase at the time of their daughter's birth, and no other records exist that show Jason Young purchased any tobacco products. Michelle, in fact, was a light social smoker at some point. No one has testified to ever seeing Jason Young smoke. Testimony has been provided by one of his closest friends that Jason never smoked and was adamantly opposed to the habit (***we may have found a single redeeming quality in Jason Young, someone alert the press!).

<modsnip>.

So, you think that MY smoked the cigars? Interesting thought. She did not look like a cigar smoker.

Are you asking about the accident Jason said he saw?

I posted the 3 reasons earlier but I will again.

1) In Jason's email to Gen,he describes the accident he saw

2)In an email from Michelle to Shelle, she asks her if she could find out about the accident, cause Jason was worried, and Shelle works in a hospital

3) In Jason's testimony, he says the same thing

Actually, the original post replying to otto (#105 here: **Verdict watch weekend discussion thread** 3/3-4/2012 - Page 5 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community)
was:
Or IF the accident occurred. What testimony proved there even was an accident? Emails referring to something the Defendant said happened?

So again, what testimony was there to prove there was an accident?

I agree, that switcharoo was a clever move by Collins.
He needed to bolster his credibility for sure.

Not really. Just because there are a few bad apples, that does not mean all of them are bad. I have never seen one thread of evidence that the HP officers can not competently analyze and investigate car accidents. If you think they have problems, then by that assumption, all SBI agents must be corrupt. And we know that you value Agent Morrow's evidence and work on the 12 HP. I bet the DT would throw his testimony out if you want to throw out Agent Morrow's testimony. :twocents:

So, you think that MY smoked the cigars? Interesting thought. She did not look like a cigar smoker.

She was pregnant, so I doubt she smoked cigars.
Personally, I think a stoggie smoking woman is sexy.:D

0.jpg

Circumstantial evidence requires the jurors to make logical inference....that is how it works. Fill in the dots, make assumptions or however you want to make it sound like it is an issue is incorrect IMO. The whole point is it requires one to make inferences.

True. But in this case, all the prosecution managed to prove was that JY checked into his hotel, and then that he got his receipt the next morning and was late to his meeting for whatever reason. and that he went outside a couple of times around midnight.

If the jury were to infer anything, they would conclude that he was sleeping in the time between. Unless, imo, they decide the hush puppy prints are his.

Other than that the state has not proven any of their allegations about JY driving to Raleigh and back. They have several things that could have happened, but they have not shown what DID happen.

Can anyone direct me to the voice mails JY left? I was wrapped up in another case and did not follow this one the first time around. Thanks so much!

MD Mommy, Becky Holt played them in her closing statement which is up on WRAL. I will look for it and try to link it for you.

Y'all are aware of the tradition of buying cigars to celebrate the birth of a child? The timing of this purchase, with new mother Michelle Young's credit card, makes it kind of obvious. And no, I wasn't suggesting Michelle smoked cigars, only that many have testified to Jason young's abhorrence of smoking. Except, apparently, for the night his wife was murdered.

Victory cigar?

MD Mommy, Becky Holt played them in her closing statement which is up on WRAL. I will look for it and try to link it for you.

Thank you, I watched that too, maybe I'm having a moment and forget hearing them? Thanks for your help. I've been scouring wral for a while lol.

Someone using Michelle Young's credit card made a purchase from a cigar store in Tampa, during a family trip to visit - ironically - Michelle and Mr. Money. This was in 2004, within a month of Cassidy Young's birth. Strictly going by the evidence, Michelle Young made some purchase at the time of their daughter's birth, and no other records exist that show Jason Young purchased any tobacco products. Michelle, in fact, was a light social smoker at some point. No one has testified to ever seeing Jason Young smoke. Testimony has been provided by one of his closest friends that Jason never smoked and was adamantly opposed to the habit (***we may have found a single redeeming quality in Jason Young, someone alert the press!).

<modsnip>.

Isn't all we know is that a purchase was made? I don't even recall if they said the amount of the purchase.

Also, we do not know what actually was purchased, do we?

I know, myself, when I was a smoker, I purchased several nice lighters over the years and I always got them at cigar/tobacco stores.

ETA: these cigar stores also sell cigarettes. I've gone into them in the malls to buy cigarettes if I was out and didn't want to stop somewhere else on the way home.

Bottom line is we have no idea what she actually purchased on that one receipt of numerous years that the DT was able to find. (and a month before she was due to deliver Cassidy - to me odds are in favor of it being "it's a girl" cigars).

IMO

Was he not the person that testified? The one in full dress regalia?

When I saw him first on the stand I wondered for a sec if the accident occurred on a base.

No underlying point to that, just thought it was silly of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans