Very Sad: Sopranos star James Gandolfini dead at 51

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by animlzrule, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

Here's my interpretation;

First: Tony is wearing the same style shirt as he wore in the episode "Members Only" That's the episode where Junior shoots him.

Second: The guy who walks in, wearing a Members Only Jacket, with a silencer goes to the bathroom. Tony's favorite scene from the Godfather is the one where they hide the gun behind the toilet tank.

Third: Bobby says to Tony on a fishing trip that "You probably never even hear the one that gets ya.

Fourth: His family is dressed entirely in black.

Fifth: The cat that stares at Christopher's picture after he's dead is an orange cat. In the restaurant there is a big orange tiger behind Tony's head on the wall. That's not the way it actually was in the restaurant. David Chase designed it that way.

Sixth: At the end of Godfather 3 Al Pacino drops an orange. When Tony goes to visit his family, he asks Carmella for something to eat. She says, "All I've got is this orange."

Seventh: He had Phil Leatardo killed in the most disgusting way. In front of his family.

Eighth: I forget what episode it was in, but Phil talks about taking out the entire Jersey crew and working with whatever's left. Silvio is almost dead, Christopher is dead, Bobby is dead, and the orange cat sits down and stares at Paulie as he suns himself. The only guy who gets away is Patsy, who is going to be Meadow's father in law.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. If I remember more, I'll post them.

I can't determine if his family, except for Meadow, are killed too. :waitasec:

2. txsvicki

txsvicki Active Member

He was also a good son. One article said he attended Rutger's University and got a degree to please his mother even though he didn't want to go. Such a shame to leave two young children.

3. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

4. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

Just remembered another one. Dr. Melfi drops him as a patient. All of Tony's ties to world are severed or about to be severed. Now that I think about it, maybe the family did get killed. :waitasec:

5. cityslick

cityslick New Member

There are few actors that are identified with their iconic characters, James Gandolfini = Tony Soprano has to be right up there with Archie Bunker = Carrol O'Conner and Fonzie = Henry Winkler.

RIP.

6. Lilachaze

Lilachaze New Member

So sad, he was so young. My heart goes out to his family.

7. lucky181

lucky181 Active Member

(newspaper requires a subscription but I'll copy some of the article)
    http://www.staradvertiser.com/newsp...ily_actor_told_wifes_mother.html?id=212280501

8. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

9. wishuwerehere

wishuwerehere Member

RIP Mr. Gandolfini.

No one could have played Tony Soprano more convincingly.

I also loved him in the movie, "The Last Castle."

10. BetteDavisEyes

James Gandolfini Autopsy Confirms Sopranos Star Died of a Heart Attack, Funeral Plans Laid Out

Peter Gicas, eonline
    1 hour ago

An autopsy has confirmed that James Gandolfini passed away due to a heart attack.

"Today we received the results of the autopsy, which stated he died of a heart attack, of natural causes," Gandolfini family friend Michael Kobold told the press in Rome, Italy, on Friday. "The autopsy further states that nothing else was found in his system"...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20130621/b432320/

11. BetteDavisEyes

12. BetteDavisEyes

James Gandolfini's Body Arrives in New Jersey From Rome

Alexis L. Loinaz, eonline
    Seconds ago

The actor's body was returned to the U.S. Sunday night after being flown in from Rome, E! News has confirmed.

Per a spokesman for the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey, a plane carrying Gandolfini's body landed at Newark Liberty International Airport at 9:45 p.m. Sunday, and the actor's remains left the airport for a funeral home in New Jersey at 11:20 p.m.

A spokesman for the Robert Spearing Funeral Home in Park Ridge, N.J., confirms to E! News that it will be handling the arrangements for the funeral service, which is scheduled for Thursday in New York City...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20130624/b432869/

13. PMLsmom

PMLsmom Well-Known Member

DH and I were die-hard Soprano fans, watched every episode together, which in itself is a miracle, lol, given the fact that we can't stand each others taste/style/choices in TV. RIP Mr. Gandolfini...

14. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

15. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

It's cool that he left something to his assistant and secretary.

16. Blondie in Spokane

Even cooler!

'He's my son's guardian angel': James Gandolfini left $50,000 to a friend's 12-year-old autistic son"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-50-000-friends-12-year-old-autistic-son.html

"He was known as a generous family-man, but James Gandolfini has surpassed himself after leaving $50,000 to an old friend and his autistic son."

"The Soprano’s star left the fortune to his college friend Doug Katz and his 12-year-old autistic son Andrew."

"Katz told the New York Post: ‘I was shocked. He’s my son’s guardian angel.’

What a kind and generous man!

17. Elley Mae

Elley Mae The enemy is here. beware

18. Reader

Reader New Member

19. Blondie in Spokane

20. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

Wow! Some people will stoop pretty low.