Veteran saves his drowning dog with CPR

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by graybar hotel, Mar 10, 2007.

1. graybar hotel

graybar hotel New Member

Disabled former airman rescues 10-month-old English bulldog from lake

CHICAGO - If a dog is man’s best friend, a disabled U.S. Air Force veteran showed the feeling is mutual by saving his drowning pet with mouth-to-snout resuscitation and CPR.

Lucy, a 10-month-old English bulldog, chased ducks into a partly frozen lake near Randy Gurchin’s home in Papillion, Nebraska, but quickly became paralyzed in the icy water and briefly went under.

The 50-pound dog was unresponsive and had a blue face and bloody foam around its muzzle when Gurchin, who flew combat missions over Iraq and Afghanistan, edged onto the ice.

Read on:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17554353/

2. Loading...

3. Schmerty_Jones

Schmerty_Jones ________________ Even if you're on the right

<a href="http :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: What a great story!I have a 10 month old pointer . I'd do my best for her too.!!!!!

4. OneLostGrl

OneLostGrl I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane

Awww!!!

5. Nore

Nore New Member

This is such a nice story. God Bless that man.I would do the same for my Red who is almost 14yrs..This is a story of real love for an animal.

6. LionRun

LionRun Former Member

What a beautiful story with a beautiful outcome. This warms my heart.

Lion

7. Melisinde

Melisinde Mizz Undastood

What a wonderful story. I agree with Nore- I would do the same for my Milo because he would do the same for me. Humans might be fearful of jumping in to save me, but my Beagle would do it without a moment's thought. Thank you for putting a smile on my face, graybar!