Viable suspect: Damien Echols

Wow, this sounds like he was not satisfied with his defense. You do know that he has control of that though?

I think he was dissatisfied with the outcome of his trial. Which cannot be appealed on that.

Most appeals are because the defendant thinks his attorneys were ineffective.
Not entirely true.imoo The majority of guilty verdicts are automatically appealed by DT's. imoo

And how old was he? And did HE know that? He was a teenager, what would you do? As an adult I don't even know what I would do except to answer the truth as I knew it. And in regard to his interrogation...how long was he questioned for? When was he told he could talk to lawyer? When was he told he could talk to his parents? Were his parents there?

Exactly. They were interrogated for hours without a lawyer present. They were interrogated and verbally attacked. imhoo

The only documentation about the abusive tactics of LE toward all three is their own statements. Does anyone believe for one minute that LE would allow illegal activities to be documented?

Jessie has said that they knocked the chair out from under him, screamed at him and told him what to say. It is documented in the trial transcripts (Gitchell's testimony) that they played a disembodied voice (one, however, that Jessie knew because he had babysat him) of an eight year old saying, "Nobody knows what happened but me." (This was Aaron Hutcheson, son of Vicki Hutcheson, whose stories were so wild that LE couldn't use them at trial.) Vicki herself testified at the trial, but she has since stated that her testimony was all a lie.

http://www.wm3blackboard.com/forum/index.php?topic=4.0

Here's a link to Aaron's outlandish stories:

http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/img/aaronh.html

Jason told his mother and she posted on Facebook that Jason told her that when he came into the interrogation room, they already had a confession written out for him to sign and that if he didn't sign, they could just throw him in the Mississippi and report him as a runaway.

Damien talks of his LE interviews in his book, Almost Home. They screamed at him, demanded a confession, refused to let him eat or drink or even use the restroom. Finally, he made it stop by saying to either charge him or release him. At that time, they didn't have Misskelley's statement, so he was released. Later, they arrested him and continued with the abusive and brutal attacks.

I don't know why the transcripts of the arrest interviews (if there were any) are not available. Maybe a legal mind can let us know that one!

For those of you new to the case, check out this site:

http://www.callahan.8k.com/

It is the repository of all legal proceedings in connection with the case. If you can't find something there, try the Blackboard:

http://www.wm3blackboard.com/forum/index.php

It is a supporter's discussion board with links to documents (the Document Archive tab at the top links to callahan's) and case discussion.

Or they can read the truth about the case here:

http://wm3truth.com/

Please be advised that the site cited above as to having the "truth" is full of errors. I have exposed some of them on another thread. As to the "farm" site, enter at your own risk. The language is unbelievably nasty and most supporters are banned after their first post. The few allowed to stay are often criticize and reviled, which IMO is the only reason they are allowed to stay. It is not a site for "civil" discussion of the case.

There's some dicey language there, no doubt about it.

But if you can get past that, it's the only website that reveals the facts of this case with supporting documents.

You won't see too many "imo" or "I have a gut feeling", or "So and so has a shifty smile, so he must be guilty".

Nor will you see folks take each piece of circumstantial evidence and dismiss it with, "But that doesn't mean they killed anyone!" If you watched the Casey Anthony trial, you know what I'm referring to...the inability or unwillingness to see the forest for the trees.

You won't see rumor or innuendo or half-truths there. You will see the truth, as evidenced by the fact that the WM3 pled guilty to murdering Chris, Stevie, and Michael on 8/19/2011.

Exactly. They were interrogated for hours without a lawyer present.

Jessie voluntarily came to the police station for an interview. The police obtained his father's permission to speak to him. They read Jessie his Miranda rights several times. He understood them (please note that Jessie had been in trouble with the law on many prior occasions; he wasn't a babe in the woods).

He was questioned for only 3 hours before he confessed. This occurred after he failed his polygraph test.

There's some dicey language there, no doubt about it.

But if you can get past that, it's the only website that reveals the facts of this case with supporting documents.

You won't see too many "imo" or "I have a gut feeling", or "So and so has a shifty smile, so he must be guilty".

Nor will you see folks take each piece of circumstantial evidence and dismiss it with, "But that doesn't mean they killed anyone!" If you watched the Casey Anthony trial, you know what I'm referring to...the inability or unwillingness to see the forest for the trees.

You won't see rumor or innuendo or half-truths there. You will see the truth, as evidenced by the fact that the WM3 pled guilty to murdering Chris, Stevie, and Michael on 8/19/2011.

Oh brother, you hear expressions of certainty and claims of "strictly the facts" from supporters as well. That means nothing.

The "farm" site always thinks that they are telling the "truth" because they link to "court documents" as if the trials are all that happened in the case. If you want a true picture of the legal proceedings, be sure to read the pretrial hearings as well. Only then will you see everything that happened, and you will see just how much testimony was excluded by Judge Burnett.

It could be ...it is being billed as his first unterview since being released .
My favorite comment since his release was the one below. After Lorri dedicated the last sixteen years of her life to rescue him from death row, Damien was leering at *advertiser censored* photos of other women?/men? on their honeymoon.

“I was up all morning and most of the night trying to figure out how to use those IPhone things,” he said Saturday in the lobby of a posh Memphis hotel, just across the river from West Memphis, Arkansas, where the Scouts’ bodies were found. “One minute I’m looking at something about Judge [David] Laser. The next minute, it’s on, like, some hardcore *advertiser censored* site.”

My favorite comment since his release was the one below. After Lorri dedicated the last sixteen years of her life to rescue him from death row, Damien was leering at *advertiser censored* photos of other women?/men? on their honeymoon.

“I was up all morning and most of the night trying to figure out how to use those IPhone things,” he said Saturday in the lobby of a posh Memphis hotel, just across the river from West Memphis, Arkansas, where the Scouts’ bodies were found. “One minute I’m looking at something about Judge [David] Laser. The next minute, it’s on, like, some hardcore *advertiser censored* site.”

My favorite comment was the one where he said that if he sued the State of Arkansas it would be the taxpayers who paid, and they weren't the ones that had tortured him for the past 18+ years. Some people will look for the lurid details. (We all know how those *advertiser censored* sites can pop up uninvited, especially when you're new to the technology.) Others look for the more important things.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

The look on her face during the interview was like, 'who the bleep did I marry'. Seriously she looks like she is having second thoughts on this one. Maybe she is thinking that the money may not have been worth it after all. Or wow, do I really have to go home now?

:twocents:

I couldn't imagine trying to get to know someone while they are in prison for years and then when released you have to get to know them all over again. I'd say it would be similar to a long distance relationship. Now they have to really work on it because it's tangible now.

I thought they looked quite comfortable and happy together during that interview. People are just seeing what they want to see, IMO. Anyway, he's free now so he can look at *advertiser censored* or whatever else he wants to do, and its nobody's business but his own.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back