Viable suspect: Damien Echols

My favorite comment was the one where he said that if he sued the State of Arkansas it would be the taxpayers who paid, and they weren't the ones that had tortured him for the past 18+ years. Some people will look for the lurid details. (We all know how those *advertiser censored* sites can pop up uninvited, especially when you're new to the technology.) Others look for the more important things.

BBM

Oh boy, I remember my first internet connection. Looking up the Jeffrey Dahmer case amongst others, but oh man, the sites that "popped up" were nothing I would ever search for! :sick: I quickly learned my way around those though. :crazy:

It was bizarrely impulsive for Damien Echols to blurt out that he had been on hardcore *advertiser censored* sites. This was on the first night of his honeymoon with a woman who devoted the last 16 years of her life to save him from execution.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

The look on her face during the interview was like, 'who the bleep did I marry'. Seriously she looks like she is having second thoughts on this one. Maybe she is thinking that the money may not have been worth it after all. Or wow, do I really have to go home now?

:twocents:
I agree. She thought he would never be released. Now she has to babysit an unmedicated bipolar schizophrenic. :gasp:

It was bizarrely impulsive for Damien Echols to blurt out that he had been on hardcore *advertiser censored* sites. This was on the first night of his honeymoon with a woman who devoted the last 16 years of her life to save him from execution.

I'm of the opinion that Damien wasn't "on" hardcore *advertiser censored* sites, but, as I intimated before, they just popped up when he was surfing the web. As someone else mentioned, until one learns how to turn a popup blocker on, those things just show up. Sometimes they're "spammed" all over the place, too. It wasn't an impulsive thing on Damien's part at all. Oh, and BTW, Lorri did save him from execution, didn't she? Of course, she didn't do it single-handed, as she pointed out herself in the press conference on August 19, 2011. She had lots of help. I, for one, am happy that I might have been even a small part of that occurrence.

I'm of the opinion that Damien wasn't "on" hardcore *advertiser censored* sites, but, as I intimated before, they just popped up when he was surfing the web. As someone else mentioned, until one learns how to turn a popup blocker on, those things just show up. Sometimes they're "spammed" all over the place, too. It wasn't an impulsive thing on Damien's part at all. Oh, and BTW, Lorri did save him from execution, didn't she? Of course, she didn't do it single-handed, as she pointed out herself in the press conference on August 19, 2011. She had lots of help. I, for one, am happy that I might have been even a small part of that occurrence.
You must have been really active helping out behind the scene somewhere. Please share more.

You must have been really active helping out behind the scene somewhere. Please share more.

Although these personal attacks are getting tiresome, my personal level of involvement is really none of your business. As I have said before, I have no special "insider" knowledge, and that is all you need to know.

I defy any man here - married or not - to tell me with a straight face that he's never looked up *advertiser censored* on the Internet. :crazy:

If my husband was looking up *advertiser censored* on my honeymoon he wouldnt have to worry about what to get me on any anniversary .
Seriously -

It seems to have been something that popped up, rather than something he looked up Silkprint. I'd also question Damien's description of "hard core *advertiser censored*". He's been on Death Row for 18 years, and they don't give them internet access in there - he probably saw something that would have been seen as hard core back in 1993, but might be far less so by today's standards.

Compassionate Reader,

I actually wondered if you were a young attorney or law student. That was not an attack.

Please share with us what you learned from corresponding with Damien. Was he friendly? Did he write personal letters or did he send out the same correspondence letters to everyone? Did he really have hope that he was going to be released?

Compassionate Reader,

I actually wondered if you were a young attorney or law student. That was not an attack.

Please share with us what you learned from corresponding with Damien. Was he friendly? Did he write personal letters or did he send out the same correspondence letters to everyone? Did he really have hope that he was going to be released?

I am a retired teacher, as I have stated on numerous occasions. I am a senior citizen. I have not corresponded directly with Damien, but I have read his open letters on the Internet. As I said, I have no "insider" knowledge. Everything I know I have learned through personal research and reading, not through any direct contact with any of the principals in this case.

@Pensfan - I don't think you should be asking for details of personal correspondence between two other people. Anything Damien wants to make public about himself he will presumably reveal in the interview, anything he wrote privately to anyone else, he is entitled to expect that they will not post it up on the Internet.

I know there were posts about personal letters in the DR threads .

I know Pens I was just sayin' :)

Maybe, but I don't approve of publishing the contents of personal letters without the other person's permission. MOO.

I doubt because of the case that they wrote too many personal letters anyway as their lawyers would frown on it .
Making sure I mark my calender before I forget

I doubt because of the case that they wrote too many personal letters anyway as their lawyers would frown on it .
Making sure I mark my calender before I forget
Lorri probably frowned on it too. There were likely many obsessed young female gore fans writing Damien repeatedly. Some probably spent dozens or hundreds of hours each week writing to him. There were probably also a lot of people off work from mental disabilities that also wrote to Damien.

It would have cost a lot of money to write all those gore fans and the mentally disabled; Lorri controls all that money.

Lorri probably frowned on it too. There were likely many obsessed young female gore fans writing Damien repeatedly. Some probably spent dozens or hundreds of hours each week writing to him. There were probably also a lot of people off work from mental disabilities that also wrote to Damien.

It would have cost a lot of money to write all those gore fans and the mentally disabled; Lorri controls all that money.

The way I look at it, what other people do with their time is none of my business. Damien did get a lot of mail, which is one reason that he began writing letters that were posted on the website I linked to above. I doubt that he had the time (even though time was all he had!) to read and answer all the letters he received.

And, yes, I'm sure that money for postage was a consideration. He needed to spend what little money he had on things to make his life more bearable, not on postage for the hundreds (if not thousands) of letters he received.

That makes me wonder if Lorri had written to other death row inmates besides Damien Echols. If that is her thing, to be a penpal with convicted murderers. For me, I would never even want them to know my name or my address let alone have the desire to write to them.

I'll bet that she never in her wildest dreams ever thought that he would be released and come home, not only that, but going to her home.:panic:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back