Vice President Joe Biden’s son Beau dies of brain cancer

I send my sincere condolences to the Biden family Beau was a kind and inspirational young man, a military hero, wonderful husband and father and a credit to his country. It was very difficult to see grief stricken photos of the Biden family online today I hope and pray they are given privacy to grieve now. My thoughts and prayers are with them at this difficult time.

Zuri, thank you for all the sharing you have done to bring us together at this sad time. It is an honor to really know the Biden family in such personal times. I must also say that I cannot imagine having my grief plastered on every television, print-news media, everywhere for the world to see. How difficult it must be to be such a prominent family, yet still be willing to share this personal moment with us. It is a gift in itself, and a tribute to their family values.

It made me sad to know Jill's birthday is today ..... it will always remind her of the service for Beau. I hope in time she will be able to have her day of celebration and rejoice in the time she had a Beau to share those special moments. His whole family deserves nothing but respect and admiration. I wish them hearts full of love and blessings.

I heard something today (or was it yesterday), and I don't know who to credit with the statement, but I do believe it was Joe Biden. [yes, it was .... I just looked it up]

from Joe Biden's 2012 heartfelt speech on grief: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/05/31/joe-bidens-heartfelt-thoughts-on-grief/
"There will come a day, I Promise you and your parents, as well. when the thought of your son or daughter or your husband or wife brings a smile to your lips before it brings a tear to your eye. It will happen. My prayer for you is that day will come sooner or later. But the only thing I have more experience than you in is this: I'm telling you it will come"

I may not always get the quote exactly right, but I don't think I will ever forget these words. I hope he holds them in his heart at this time.

I will come back in a moment to add the link. I believe you, or someone here may have added it earlier, but it it is worth repeating.

Rumor has it that Chr*s Mart*n of the band Coldpl*y will sing at a private ceremony in honor of Beau.

What a fine man.....r.i.p. Beau.

Rumor has it that Chr*s Mart*n of the band Coldpl*y will sing at a private ceremony in honor of Beau.

What a fine man.....r.i.p. Beau.
That would be really lovely if true. He has a beautiful voice and IMO Beau would have been honored.

To see Joe Biden rest his hand on the flag draped coffin ..... set loose my tears.
Such a heartbreaking loss. No words left......

I didn't realize that so many foreign dignitaries would be coming to the funeral service. I am now thinking I will go to the viewing only and pay my respects, and not attend the funeral service. Beau and Hunter have a lot of friends and they deserve a seat way more than me.

Zuri, I am sure your presence will be welcome. Whichever way you choose will be right. It is very thoughtful and considerate of you to think about others at a time like this.

Don't stoop to their level of low mentality.

Listen to daisymae, Zuri. You and the Biden's friends and family will show them what class is. Give them no attention. .... that is what they seek.

I have been so saddened by Vice President Biden's latest loss, of his beloved son. He has already endured so much loss in his life. Yet he continues his public service - and he and Beau were both especially fervent advocates for children and women. Many blessings to the Biden family.

To share the traditional closing prayer from the Catholic funeral Mass:

In paradisum deducant te Angeli;
in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres, et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Ierusalem.
Chorus angelorum te suscipiat,
et *advertiser censored* Lazaro quondam paupere,
æternam habeas requiem.

May the angels lead you into paradise:
may the martyrs receive you at your coming, and lead you into the holy city, Jerusalem.
May the choir of angels receive you,
and with Lazarus, who once was poor,
may you have everlasting rest.

The kind words that you all have expressed have just meant so much, more than you will ever know. I went to the viewing last night with my husband and I was able to speak with everyone. Once I got up to the casket, I just kept stroking it with tears streaming.

The tears continued as I spoke with Joe and Jill. I told them I loved them and Joe said he knew. We spoke of his losses, and he said we shared in that. I will miss Beau and what might have been. I have been privileged to know Beau and his family and I loved Beau very much.

I did not attend the funeral. I did watch it on C SPAN and I was deeply moved. I thought it was a lovely service and tribute to Beau. The eulogy that Obama gave was all encompassing; the remarks by Ashley and Hunter deeply felt. The thousands that came to mourn his loss was a tremendous testament to how well respected Beau was.

I got to the church earlier than my DH, paid my respects and sat in the pew waiting for him to go through the receiving line. As I was sitting there reflecting, a woman who had worked with Beau, and had never met VP Biden, handed Joe a photo album, filled with pictures from his time as AG. This simple act of kindness obviously touched Joe deeply. You could see it in his face. Joe handed the album to his Social Secretary, who placed it on the pew in front of me, and there I saw many remembrances of Beau that people sought to share. It was incredibly moving and I know they will be cherished.

God Bless all of you who have posted and reached out privately. I will share all of this. Thank you...

Zuri, you make us proud to be your friend. Thank you for sharing this personal event with us and allowing us to express our condolences in a way we otherwise might not have reached out.

Rest peacefully, Beau Biden. May your family find comfort in your time spent here knowing you have made a difference. God Bless all the Biden family.

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/local/2015/06/06/tight-knit-community-opens-heart-beau-biden-funeral/28610353/

--Down the street, Alexis Collins, 15, and Fin O'Brien, 14, of Wilmington, were invited to attend the funeral after officials learned they were selling lemonade to raise money for the Beau Biden Foundation for the Protection of Children. They and their friends raised more than $300 from Friday sales.

--She recalled the time that, during a homecoming dance, Dougherty was left alone by her friends "looking like the wallflower" when Beau Biden, a senior to her freshman, brought her out to the dance floor for a dance. He was kind like that, she recalled.---

===
http://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/local/2015/06/06/clintons-among-mourners-beau-biden/28595263/

--His first memory, Hunter said, was lying in a hospital bed with his older brother, who held his hand and stared into his eyes, saying " 'I love you, I love you, I love you' over and over again. In the 42 years since, he never stopped holding my hand, he never stopped telling me just how much he loves me."

--Hunter told of being at Beau's bedside on May 30. "I held his hand and he took his last breath," Hunter said. "I know that I was loved and I know that his hand will never leave mine."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back