PA - Vicki Lynn Sinz, murdered, Butler County, 15 July 1981

Gameman

Reaction score
On July, 15, 1981, at approximately 3:00 a.m., Vicki Sinz was last seen walking north on SR 8 from the Rusty Nail Pub in Butler Township, Butler County, near the Picklegate Bridge. Her body was discovered approximately ten days later in a culvert running under Brook Devore Road in Summit Township, Butler County, Pennsylvania.

Last seen July 15, 1981, at 3:00 a.m.

Last seen wearing: blue body shirt with design, blue jean vest, blue jeans and brown leather belt, knee socks, beige or tan leather boots with side zipper, glasses with initials "VLS" etched on one lens, beige or tan leather purse with long should strap.

We rarely hear about this case locally. Her family often posts in the newspaper to keep her memory alive. What were the rumors on this case when it happened?

Attachments

• 3C28D8D7-2520-4DA0-BEAF-6D7676701536.png
    3C28D8D7-2520-4DA0-BEAF-6D7676701536.png
    200.7 KB · Views: 18
I learned about this from my wife, and not long after she told me about Vicki's death I learned about Ed Edwards. I just looked up where he was when this occurred. He moved his family to the area in July of 1981 but I couldn't find the exact moving dates. I figured I should share that information in case anyone is interested in diving deeper.

Michele is another case from the area that is so bothersome. She just disappeared off the face e of the earth.

In reference to Ed Edwards, I wonder if Detective Chad Garcia, who worked an Ed Edwards case in Wisconsin, has Vicki Sinz on his radar. In 2017, he publicly said he believes Ed Edwards has committed 5-7 murders that he hasn't been officially linked to...not that anything can be done now. What are the chances that a serial killer of women moves within 20 minutes of Butler and a woman is murdered the same month?

The page I linked to is kind of over the top, in my book. It claims Ed Edwards killed everyone from Adam Walsh to JonBenet Ramsey to the Zodiac killer’s victims. Still, it has a pretty thorough timeline and places him in Muddy Creek Township, Butler County, PA in July 1981.

My mom just told me about this case two days ago. She told me that Vicki had been mutilated to remove evidence of sexual assault. A family friend, who has since passed away, was at the same bar Vicki was that night and saw her leave with 2 men. He told the police and they interrogated the men but since they both passed the lie detector test, they were released. The one moved out of state a few weeks later.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back