VICTIM #1 - Loretta Lynn Chaisson Lewis, 28 - Found Deceased 20 May 2005

Discussion in 'Jennings, Louisiana' started by Justiceforever, Jan 3, 2013.

1. CriminalMinds

CriminalMinds New Member

i think the no-shoe thing is a theme in this case, IIRC (hmmm sounds familiar to nj--don't think tied, but interesting if another foot or shoe fetish guy)

2. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

You're absolutely right, Seaslug. In fact, I realized the mistake when I was going through my bookmarked articles and came across this one again. Good catch!

Sheriff Edwards says the body was not in good shape when it was found in the canal near Highway 1126 between Berkin Road and Lopez Road.

http://www.klfy.com/Global/story.asp?S=3376159

I've made the correction on the MAP.

3. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, firimar!

Here's the information I've collected on Loretta (some info a repeat, some info additional):

~ Last seen: May 17, 2005
    ~ Body found : May 20, 2005 in the east fork of the Grande Marais Canal
    ~ Age 28, 5'4'' , 103 lbs.
    ~ Toxicology reports show high levels of drugs and alcohol. Despite being dead less than 3 days, body was allegedly so decomposed that a cause of death could not be determined. Found partially clothed, without shoes,
    ~ Activities: known drug user, prostitution, known to hang out at a local Sonic Burger,

~ Husband : Murphy Lewis (estranged)
    ~ Children:K***** Lewis and K***** Lewis (names withheld), one child is a cousin to the child of Whitnei Dubois (victim #4)
    ~ Mother: Patricia Ann Deshotel LaCombe (died 12/21/07, age 50)
    ~ Step-mother: Betty Jean Chaisson (died 3/4/08, age 48)
    ~ Father: Thomas "Shawee" Chaisson
    ~ Siblings: Shantell Chaisson (fiancé, Filiberto “George” Maciel) of Lafayette, Monique Chaisson (fiancé, Chris Schlesinger, of Lake Arthur), Anjele Chaisson of Jennings, Jeremy Chaisson (wife Patsy) of Lacassine. Step-brothers: Nicholas Chaisson (wife, Hannah) of Roanoke, Chad Chaisson (fiancée, Michelle Lantz) of Welsh. Also, Brandy Cormier of Jennings and Bridgett Cormier of Crowley

4. Justiceforever

Justiceforever New Member

So she was thrown off the bridge! Thanks alot for that! Interesting idea about a truck driver. It could be a long haul truck driver FROM Jennings who travels through the area on occasion. I say that because of the fact that all of these girls were aquainted in some way to each other. Could that really be a coiencidence?

5. ktgirl

ktgirl Verified College Instructor

I like the truck driver angle.

6. Mountain_Kat

Seaslug, when you have time, can you also check the body location for Ernestine on Bessie's map? I have her further down 26, alittle before you come to Aguillard Oaks. I need to correct my map if it's wrong. Thanks.

7. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Regarding the bolded phrase, from which direction? Anyway, I have the site marked on La 102 just east of 26. Coming from the south or the east, it's just before Aguillard Oaks.

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3491923&nav=0nqxbC3u

8. Mountain_Kat

My bad, Bessie, I was looking at Dot's map, not yours. You and I have the same area marked.

Also, do you think you could put your map in a sticky near the media links? It would be helpful to have it out front and not buried in a thread. TIA.

9. Cajun Snooper

Cajun Snooper New Member