VICTIM #1 - Loretta Lynn Chaisson Lewis, 28 - Found Deceased 20 May 2005

Hi. I am working on some photos for you. Bessie was kind enough to give me this link to the map of where the victims were found; Map. I mean no disrespect by pointing out that the location indicated on that map for where LLCL's body was found is incorrect. According to the info posted above and all of the info I have been reading, her body was found using this description of the location;

-Source

Notice the location indicates "East Fork" of the canal. Well, on the map that Bessie sent me the link to view, the location of where she was found was incorrectly marked on the West Fork See Map of West Fork.

Attached is a snapshot of the map Bessie provided to me along with the area circled where this victim's body actually was found.

Once again, I mean no disrespect for Bessie or whoever labeled that map.

I will now work on uploading some photos of the area. There are not many buildings of interest there so it is possible that the pilot who took the photos I will be posting didn't bother to fly low enough for great detail. We shall see.

You're absolutely right, Seaslug. In fact, I realized the mistake when I was going through my bookmarked articles and came across this one again. Good catch!

Sheriff Edwards says the body was not in good shape when it was found in the canal near Highway 1126 between Berkin Road and Lopez Road.

http://www.klfy.com/Global/story.asp?S=3376159

I've made the correction on the MAP.

Here's the information I've collected on Loretta (some info a repeat, some info additional):

~ Last seen: May 17, 2005
~ Body found : May 20, 2005 in the east fork of the Grande Marais Canal
~ Age 28, 5'4'' , 103 lbs.
~ Toxicology reports show high levels of drugs and alcohol. Despite being dead less than 3 days, body was allegedly so decomposed that a cause of death could not be determined. Found partially clothed, without shoes,
~ Activities: known drug user, prostitution, known to hang out at a local Sonic Burger,

~ Husband : Murphy Lewis (estranged)
~ Children:K***** Lewis and K***** Lewis (names withheld), one child is a cousin to the child of Whitnei Dubois (victim #4)
~ Mother: Patricia Ann Deshotel LaCombe (died 12/21/07, age 50)
~ Step-mother: Betty Jean Chaisson (died 3/4/08, age 48)
~ Father: Thomas "Shawee" Chaisson
~ Siblings: Shantell Chaisson (fiancé, Filiberto “George” Maciel) of Lafayette, Monique Chaisson (fiancé, Chris Schlesinger, of Lake Arthur), Anjele Chaisson of Jennings, Jeremy Chaisson (wife Patsy) of Lacassine. Step-brothers: Nicholas Chaisson (wife, Hannah) of Roanoke, Chad Chaisson (fiancée, Michelle Lantz) of Welsh. Also, Brandy Cormier of Jennings and Bridgett Cormier of Crowley

I was thinking the opposite. This was clearly a "dump and run".

Highway 1126 runs right over the ditch. Her body was found just under the bridge to the North. In this photo, her body was dumped to the left side of the bridge.

Look what is coming down the highway towards the Google car as it was taking these photos- a big ole tractor trailer.

I disagree with the profile on this case already. I do not think it is anyone who was familiar with the area. I do not think the sk is a local. This case has "out of town trucker" written all over it. I didn't sleuth any of the other locations yet. When I do, I can almost guarantee that I'm probably going to see the same thing that I see here- a dump site that an out-of-town person would be inclined to choose. Truckers have an excuse to be on the road at all hours of the night. In those open farmlands, you can see approaching vehicles at night by the headlights for miles. Very easy to do a dump-and-run when you are in the middle of nowhere with miles of visibility.

So she was thrown off the bridge! Thanks alot for that! Interesting idea about a truck driver. It could be a long haul truck driver FROM Jennings who travels through the area on occasion. I say that because of the fact that all of these girls were aquainted in some way to each other. Could that really be a coiencidence?

I like the truck driver angle.

Hi. I am working on some photos for you. Bessie was kind enough to give me this link to the map of where the victims were found; Map. I mean no disrespect by pointing out that the location indicated on that map for where LLCL's body was found is incorrect. According to the info posted above and all of the info I have been reading, her body was found using this description of the location;

-Source

Notice the location indicates "East Fork" of the canal. Well, on the map that Bessie sent me the link to view, the location of where she was found was incorrectly marked on the West Fork See Map of West Fork.

Attached is a snapshot of the map Bessie provided to me along with the area circled where this victim's body actually was found.

Once again, I mean no disrespect for Bessie or whoever labeled that map.

I will now work on uploading some photos of the area. There are not many buildings of interest there so it is possible that the pilot who took the photos I will be posting didn't bother to fly low enough for great detail. We shall see.

Seaslug, when you have time, can you also check the body location for Ernestine on Bessie's map? I have her further down 26, alittle before you come to Aguillard Oaks. I need to correct my map if it's wrong. Thanks.

Seaslug, when you have time, can you also check the body location for Ernestine on Bessie's map? I have her further down 26, alittle before you come to Aguillard Oaks. I need to correct my map if it's wrong. Thanks.
Regarding the bolded phrase, from which direction? Anyway, I have the site marked on La 102 just east of 26. Coming from the south or the east, it's just before Aguillard Oaks.

Edwards says there were obvious physical injuries to the unidentified woman who appeared to have been floating, near a bridge on Louisiana-102, for several days
http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3491923&nav=0nqxbC3u

Regarding the bolded phrase, from which direction? Anyway, I have the site marked on La 102 just east of 26. Coming from the south or the east, it's just before Aguillard Oaks.

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3491923&nav=0nqxbC3u

My bad, Bessie, I was looking at Dot's map, not yours. You and I have the same area marked.

Also, do you think you could put your map in a sticky near the media links? It would be helpful to have it out front and not buried in a thread. TIA.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stawon31
Back