Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #7

Discussion in 'Randy Allen Taylor' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heroine

Heroine Here I come to save the day....

Thanks for clearing that up. Makes sense to me! :)

2. 2Hip2BSquare

2Hip2BSquare Former Member

Was the found it day this day? Aug 31

"The water teams searched Rockfish River and along secondary roads like Wheelers Cove, Stage Bridge, and Pine Trail. Investigators say they searched 10 different locations"

?

http://www.wsls.com/story/23309090/...-29-where-abduction-suspect-may-have-traveled

At any rate, it's good to
    Recap the areas searched :)

3. 2Hip2BSquare

If he were going to dispose of her phone, I would think he could come up with somewhere better than a gully to throw it. Imoo The phone is a needle in the haystack of this case - if he can hide a victim (or 2) without the remains being found, then the phone was a very unlikely miracle to recover indeed.

This makes me more concerned about the possible methods used to dispose of this poor girl IF she has been murdered. :(

4. strach304

strach304 New Member

Or it was in a pocket and fell out while he was carrying her body and he had no clue it was there.

5. 2Hip2BSquare

6. kikid

kikid New Member

I think we can rightly assume that Alexis' cell phone was found on RAT's son's grandmother's property because on that day that the cell phones (plural) were discovered, they had brought in dogs that have been trained to find cell phones. They walked the dogs around the property (pictures in media) where RAT lived (pictures of yellow tape), on Hwy 29. They were found in a gulley and media quoted the handler as saying "found it".

So we do not have LE stating definitively the phone was found on that property during the search, but 1+1 usually equals 2.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/2150555-12/defense-missing-teen-alexis-murphy-was-in-suspects.html

7. 2Hip2BSquare

Thank you for noticing the doggies! They are always a good tip as to what is going on in an investigation and where. :)

8. Ashley426

Ashley426 Member

Wow, it's been less than 24 hours since I refreshed this thread & I came back to 7 pages to catch up on. It's been a while since that has happened on these threads!

So, so glad that one of those phones belonged to Alexis. I'm really betting that it will bring some type of clue...I truly hope it does.

I also hope that the FBI saying no further information will be released means they know a lot more than us. I understand them doing this, as to not interfere with their investigation, give a fair trial, etc., etc.

Crossing my fingers and toes they find something big out soon!
    Alexis and her family are on my mind constantly :rose: :please:

9. kikid

kikid New Member

I doubt the phone(s) were just lying in the gulley. More likely buried or covered with debris. They did use the specially trained dogs to find the phones.

10. CHERIE.T

CHERIE.T Former Member

I didn't say the phone was " just lying in the gulley".
    I'm quite aware the dogs were used.

11. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

I think her phone being found is a bad sign...not a hopeful one. JMO

12. CHERIE.T

CHERIE.T Former Member

When you get down to it, it makes no sense for a young lady to become missing either.

13. 2Hip2BSquare

It's hopeful in terms of evidence. Bad in terms of the victim's chance of survival. There was nowhere she went that her phone wasn't with her. She even would walk around the house with the phone plugged into an extra long extension cord I remember reading.

14. Heroine

Heroine Here I come to save the day....

This is all very true, but we also know that she is believed to have been abducted and we all know an abductor wouldn't let you keep you phone regardless so I never expected a phone call from her, looking at it from that point of view I would say finding her phone is more hopeful than bad because at least now there's more physical proof she was with RAT.

15. CHERIE.T

CHERIE.T Former Member

It is a good sign if she is found.imoo
    Her loved ones need some kind of closure in any case.

16. IHAVENOCLUE

IHAVENOCLUE Well-Known Member

Parker's tweet is kinda funny....

PHONE NOT FOUND SATURDAY....

:giggle:

JMO

17. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Of course, but if she was in the vicinity of the phone, she should have been found by now IMO. Seems like they would have searched and double-searched the area where they found the phone. JMO

18. 2Hope4

2Hope4 Well-Known Member

Ok, the phone could have been found by anyone really. They had asked the public to look for it, and at this point, all we know is that it was found.

I want to know if there is indeed a camera at that stop light. IIRC there is. And if so, then FBI already know which direction she went when leaving Liberty and if anything happened at the stop light, like someone got in the vehicle with her there, etc.

19. 2Hope4

2Hope4 Well-Known Member

I do find it interesting that I don't recall FBI, LE, etc. to ask local residents to check their property. Now they might have, but I don't recall it. They say the believe Alexis to be alive, but the type searches they were doing, looks to me like a recovery mode. I just hope and pray this family knows one way or another SOON!

20. PresleySyndrome

PresleySyndrome New Member

Anyone else watching JVM? They had a snippet of Nelson LE talking.

*edit: that I don't recall seeing anywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.