Victim: Amber Lynn Costello, 27, missing Sept 2010, found Gilgo Beach Dec 2010 *Rex Heuermann charged*

I don't think a 1,000 fresh eyes will solve this case. Unless one is part of this case from the beginning one could never hope to solve it. It won't be solved because (IMO) the powers that be don't want it solved because it probably would make a lot of embarrassing moments to many of them.

I understand, the can of worms only opens up from the inside but if we apply heat to the can we can build up pressure to burst it open too. Or puncture it. I wonder how many unsolved cases and crimes in connection with the LISK that will exposure? Let them be embarrassed and we will still hold them accountable. Even though its been 10 years with this case it will not go away or be swept under the rug easily if it all. I'd rather be wrong than not suggest or converse at all on anything even remotely related to getting justice done for these people however futile it may seem. In fact I'd welcome even the most dogmatic of sleuths to help; a diversity of intellect and beyond.

He makes a statement she left wearing booty shorts and a pink shirt and pink sneakers. September, 2nd, 2010. What was the weather that day? In Babylon, NY? Strange that she would wear that to a $1500 call.
The article reads Amber wore jeans.
Not bootie shorts.

He makes a statement she left wearing booty shorts and a pink shirt and pink sneakers. September, 2nd, 2010. What was the weather that day? In Babylon, NY? Strange that she would wear that to a $1500 call.
The article reads Amber wore jeans.
Not bootie shorts.

A few years ago I was at a hotel in CT and met a a lady who had a sister who just retired as a SCPD detective. That lady said her sister retired because she was 'terrified' of Burke and was afraid for her life. I passed this along to someone who might know of who this detective was and seemed to know who she was. To this day I can't understand how a female detective would be so terrified she opted to resign.

Don't get me started on her. I have nothing but faith she's going to finally get things done. I was enthralled to see her on that press conference from the FBI.

Enthralled?" That's kind of a big word for this situation? Gals kicking butt is what the female team that prosecuted Spota did.
I have nothing against the lady and believe she will do the job as well as anyone can BUT, IMO, she is there for cosmetic purposes.

A few years ago I was at a hotel in CT and met a a lady who had a sister who just retired as a SCPD detective. That lady said her sister retired because she was 'terrified' of Burke and was afraid for her life. I passed this along to someone who might know of who this detective was and seemed to know who she was. To this day I can't understand how a female detective would be so terrified she opted to resign.

That means they exist! I knew it! We need to find that officer.

E
Enthralled?" That's kind of a big word for this situation? Gals kicking butt is what the female team that prosecuted Spota did.
I have nothing against the lady and believe she will do the job as well as anyone can BUT, IMO, she is there for cosmetic purposes.

I mean. It went from no federal oversight to an ex FBI agent, female, no less—running the show. We also got new evidence and a lengthy press conference. That was a positive omen.

Interesting. Public Service is how I heard it. I thought this episode was about Burke. Chief of Deception/Chief of Police...I couldn't tell who was saying what in that part.

I was very disturbed with what Burke said about the Snuff films to another police officer. I want to hear from some female officers in that department who he had an affair with and might have faced retaliation. Their testimony piled on these victims would be crucial.

You are right, given the context it would be Burke. I just don't see why they would bleep out the word or two that preceded "Service" as it wouldn't be giving Burke up or falsely accusing him.

If they were concerned with slander, why the audio clips from numerous others including the dominatrix that said he forcefully made her perform fellatio to the point where she was gasping for air, the fellow officer who spoke of Burkes inquiry regarding where he could get a snuff film, etc?

I'm also saying this under the assumption that Dave Schaller would know Burkes face and not have to ask "What's this guy do for a living?". It is possible that Schaller , perhaps traumatized did not follow the case in the news or the news at all. One would think someone involved in the case would know exactly who Jimmy Burke is. He was kind of big news.

If anyone has heard this episode we are discussing and is good with audio, it would be much appreciated if we could get a transcript or enhanced clip of what is being said at 3:45 , the first few words are bleeped out and there is a ton of noise, very tough to hear what is being said.

The inquiry regarding the snuff films is alarming. That isn't even something you joke about, it's well beyond locker room talk. For him to so casually ask a man he just met that, says a lot about him, firstly the feeling of being invincible and secondly, it shows that he gets off on making others uncomfortable, getting a rise out them. What ordinary dude would have snuff films, it's a very niche kind of *advertiser censored*.

I have been to MANY death scenes where people have been killed in almost every conceivable manner. I never liked to go to the morgue. Seeing all of that first hand you would think watching a snuff film is no big deal - it's not.

This sick motherf----r told the guy he asked for the film that the greatest feeling in the world is doing a woman doggy style and blowing her brains out. The convulsions of the body enhanced the sex act.

We are also reasonably certain he enjoyed getting a blumbkin from his then girlfriend. He used to love telling all his pals at the precinct about it.

This case can be solved if they really want to solve it and accept the fall out.

Trust me although SINI and HART are basically good people they aren't going to rock too many boats. They are there to keep the boat steady and not flip it over.

SINI became DA because Bellone pushed him for it.. It really a pretty good job accomplishing that. Why did Bellone push for SINI? Because he wanted SINI beholden to him and not prosecute Bellone's BFF. They just forgot about it like it never happened. Bellone forgets about a lot of things when it suits him.

I have been to MANY death scenes where people have been killed in almost every conceivable manner. I never liked to go to the morgue. Seeing all of that first hand you would think watching a snuff film is no big deal - it's not.

This sick motherf----r told the guy he asked for the film that the greatest feeling in the world is doing a woman doggy style and blowing her brains out. The convulsions of the body enhanced the sex act.

We are also reasonably certain he enjoyed getting a blumbkin from his then girlfriend. He used to love telling all his pals at the precinct about it.

This case can be solved if they really want to solve it and accept the fall out.

Trust me although SINI and HART are basically good people they aren't going to rock too many boats. They are there to keep the boat steady and not flip it over.

SINI became DA because Bellone pushed him for it.. It really a pretty good job accomplishing that. Why did Bellone push for SINI? Because he wanted SINI beholden to him and not prosecute Bellone's BFF. They just forgot about it like it never happened. Bellone forgets about a lot of things when it suits him.

Good insight as usual Hawk. The piece about Burkes greatest feeling in the world is among the most repulsive things I've heard in my life.

Is he merely fantasizing or speaking from experience? (Rhetorical) As far out as It sounds , if Burke is not involved, he could very well have darker sexual fetishes than the actual killer.

Theres also the angle of him not being involved but since he is a twisted individual perhaps admiring the killer or identifying with the him. This may have been a dream come true for Burke, to have this going on in Suffolk. It's the million dollar question whether Burke made this dream come true or whether he just enjoyed the whole thing and made no real effort to conduct a proper investigation.

If he wasn't involved, I'd think a sick person like him would want to inject himself into it, show face at the scene, want to be close to the corpses, that kind of thing. Forgive me as I really dove into the fine details of this more recently but have been following the broad strokes of this from the get-go.... I can't even find much footage , interviews or quotes from Burke on the case. Was he addressing the public or discussing it or did he lay low?

You are right, given the context it would be Burke. I just don't see why they would bleep out the word or two that preceded "Service" as it wouldn't be giving Burke up or falsely accusing him.

If they were concerned with slander, why the audio clips from numerous others including the dominatrix that said he forcefully made her perform fellatio to the point where she was gasping for air, the fellow officer who spoke of Burkes inquiry regarding where he could get a snuff film, etc?

I'm also saying this under the assumption that Dave Schaller would know Burkes face and not have to ask "What's this guy do for a living?". It is possible that Schaller , perhaps traumatized did not follow the case in the news or the news at all. One would think someone involved in the case would know exactly who Jimmy Burke is. He was kind of big news.

If anyone has heard this episode we are discussing and is good with audio, it would be much appreciated if we could get a transcript or enhanced clip of what is being said at 3:45 , the first few words are bleeped out and there is a ton of noise, very tough to hear what is being said.

The inquiry regarding the snuff films is alarming. That isn't even something you joke about, it's well beyond locker room talk. For him to so casually ask a man he just met that, says a lot about him, firstly the feeling of being invincible and secondly, it shows that he gets off on making others uncomfortable, getting a rise out them. What ordinary dude would have snuff films, it's a very niche kind of *advertiser censored*.

I will try to transcribe it for you but I only transcribed Schaller talking about the night Amber left. Hold on. Let me get to work.

Interviewer: ”I...uh...am going to show you some pictures of people and...”​

Schaller: ”Uh”​

Interviewer: ”I’m just curious if anyone looked familiar.”​

Schaller: ”Yeah.”​

Interviewer: ”See if you recognize anybody...”​

Schaller: ”What’s that guy do for a livin’? Do you know?”​

Interviewer: ”What guy, yeah. He’s going law____e service.”​

Schaller: ”Yeah, dude. That guy looks familiar, man. I’m pretty sure that he actually came and met her.”​

Last edited:
@hawkshaw I don't know what a blumpkin is. I'm almost too afraid to know.

Crime scenes are nothing compared to the act of murder on film for sexual gratification. I am glad you brought that up. Him saying that to another cop just blows my mind. Uh. Figuratively.

Good insight as usual Hawk. The piece about Burkes greatest feeling in the world is among the most repulsive things I've heard in my life.

Is he merely fantasizing or speaking from experience? (Rhetorical) As far out as It sounds , if Burke is not involved, he could very well have darker sexual fetishes than the actual killer.

Theres also the angle of him not being involved but since he is a twisted individual perhaps admiring the killer or identifying with the him. This may have been a dream come true for Burke, to have this going on in Suffolk. It's the million dollar question whether Burke made this dream come true or whether he just enjoyed the whole thing and made no real effort to conduct a proper investigation.

If he wasn't involved, I'd think a sick person like him would want to inject himself into it, show face at the scene, want to be close to the corpses, that kind of thing. Forgive me as I really dove into the fine details of this more recently but have been following the broad strokes of this from the get-go.... I can't even find much footage , interviews or quotes from Burke on the case. Was he addressing the public or discussing it or did he lay low?

What if he killed the prostitutes that could rat him out as his behavior was a potential disqualifier of the promotion?

The convulsions @hawkshaw is referring to Burke making is referring to a cadaveric spasm, just in case no one else speaks medical examiner or homicide detective.

1. I don't think he actually killed a woman in that manner.
2. A Blumbkin is sitting on a toilet in the act of defecating while getting oral sex and timing both releases to come together.

I personally know of one person who was with him at a strip club called Gossips on LI. They went downstairs for a more complete 'dance' and before the guy left he saw the dancer sitting on his lap taking his tie off. When he came back the dancer was on the floor , semi-conscious with his tie wrapped around her neck.

Then there was the time Burke called another cop who was well known as a Strip Club enthusiast and Burke called him on the cell phone and told him to round up the girls because they were going to have a party. The fellow who was with the cop said it seemed clear to him that Spota was going to the party. And therein lies another story where Hawkshaw enters the picture.

I think you got it just about right. I have no recollection of Burke saying anything about this case. I think I would have remembered it if I heard anything he said.

After Burke became the to chief Spota made sure another pal named Madigan became chief of detectives after a meteoric rise thru the ranks via the DA office. Madigan's 'flame' died out and crashed faster than it had risen.

It was said to be Madigan that brought back a message from a supervising FBI out of NY that the Loeb investigation was over. It was also said Spota did a big pheeeeeeeeew until he got a call from the FEDS to come in and surrender or they would come in and take him out of his office in handcuffs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back