Victim: Amber Lynn Costello, 27, missing Sept 2010, found Gilgo Beach Dec 2010 *Rex Heuermann charged*

Another interesting point. Dave felt annoyed because he might have been able to spot the vehicle from the front porch if he had been paying attention. Back in 2010, there was no fence on the property over on Hampton. It seems like he had a limited line of sight but wasn't suspicious enough to wait and try to spot the vehicle.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220505-224353_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20220505-224353_Maps.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 27
Full disclosure, it's mine. I just didn't want to draw attention to myself or make anything about me.

Originally, I started it as a morbid tourism website. But then I realized that it could be a vital info guide for certain cases.

Shortly afterwards, I started researching the LISK case and became irritated by the lack of clarity and consistency. I had to hop through mutiple news articles just to get the full story of a victim.

I've been writing about serial killers for two or three years on other websites. Mostly profiling-related stuff. I felt like I should try and do the victims justice by adding their locations and providing detail.

Seeing is understanding, imo.

I can ensure you that I do my best to make sure that these locations are correct. For example, I spent the bones of an hour comparing Dave's description in the podcast with Street View images and aerial images.

Hey, im impressed.......lots of great information on your site, thanks for all your work. There was information I read on there that I hadnt seen anywhere else, much appreciated!

Another interesting point. Dave felt annoyed because he might have been able to spot the vehicle from the front porch if he had been paying attention. Back in 2010, there was no fence on the property over on Hampton. It seems like he had a limited line of sight but wasn't suspicious enough to wait and try to spot the vehicle.

At 10:30pm & dark out, I dont think it would have mattered, imo, I dont see how anyone could see what kind of car it was that far away & at night, unless there were several street lights over LISK's car.

At 10:30pm & dark out, I dont think it would have mattered, imo, I dont see how anyone could see what kind of car it was that far away & at night, unless there were several street lights over LISK's car.

Thank you for the other comment, it means a lot. I've been killing myself lately

And I agree, I don't think he would have seen anything beyond a make or color, maybe a model at best.

It shows that LISK is crafty and cautious though. And it explains why the other girls seemingly vanished.

It's this level of caution that makes me think there wasn't anything significant found (DNA, etc) with the Gilgo Four.

Heres an interesting article that came out today, some information I hadnt read before:

Amber Lynn Costello​

The oldest of the "Gilgo Four" victims, Costello was 27 when she went missing in September 2010, having last been seen by acquaintances, the investigation has found.

She had multiple tattoos, including "Kaos" on her neck, a butterfly on her lower back and the name "Margeret" on her leg.

Sharing a cellphone with her roommates, Costello and the others would arrange dates with clients, doing both "in-calls" at the house and "out-calls" elsewhere. Police said that the roommates concocted a scam for the clients who came to the house, as after money had already been paid, one of the male roommates would say that Costello was his girlfriend, and the client would take off.

Thank you for the other comment, it means a lot. I've been killing myself lately

And I agree, I don't think he would have seen anything beyond a make or color, maybe a model at best.

It shows that LISK is crafty and cautious though. And it explains why the other girls seemingly vanished.

It's this level of caution that makes me think there wasn't anything significant found (DNA, etc) with the Gilgo Four.

Yeah, I dont think DNA was found on the GB4......& the HM belt imo wasnt LISK's, hes not that careless.

Yeah, I dont think DNA was found on the GB4......& the HM belt imo wasnt LISK's, hes not that careless.

I think he put the belt there on purpose. Maureen's name was in the URL of the image, which suggests it was found beside her. That means that he seemingly left a belt at a dumpsite that he continued to use for 3 years afterwards... A belt is one thing. But a belt with initials? The man was either trying to mislead or he was hoping they'd publish it and give him attention.

A part of me wonders if the Gilgo Four were placed together because he was sick of waiting for this attention...

I think he put the belt there on purpose. Maureen's name was in the URL of the image, which suggests it was found beside her. That means that he seemingly left a belt at a dumpsite that he continued to use for 3 years afterwards... A belt is one thing. But a belt with initials? The man was either trying to mislead or he was hoping they'd publish it and give him attention.

A part of me wonders if the Gilgo Four were placed together because he was sick of waiting for this attention...

He probably visited Gilgo quite a bit, & knowing Jessica Taylor & Valerie Macks heads & hands were not found after several years, he figured he would keep dumping his victims along the same side of rugged bushes & trees. Once he went online for his victims, he started placing them in burlap sacks. Burlap sacks can also camouflage within that brush/rugged terrain he threw them into.

I would think with the previous killings in Manorville, he loved the attention the killings attracted.....I wonder if he was hoping the GB4 along with the other Gilgo victims had been found earlier, but he had found a stretch of Gilgo that nobody would accidentally stroll onto.

Even after the story broke of Shannan going missing at Gilgo, he still went back & placed two more bodies. LISK was careful but also nerves of steel.

I bet he was ecstatic when all those bodies were found. He probably talked about it with a bunch of people, then again, nothing stood out because everyone talked about it.

He probably visited Gilgo quite a bit, & knowing Jessica Taylor & Valerie Macks heads & hands were not found after several years, he figured he would keep dumping his victims along the same side of rugged bushes & trees. Once he went online for his victims, he started placing them in burlap sacks. Burlap sacks can also camouflage within that brush/rugged terrain he threw them into.

I would think with the previous killings in Manorville, he loved the attention the killings attracted.....I wonder if he was hoping the GB4 along with the other Gilgo victims had been found earlier, but he had found a stretch of Gilgo that nobody would accidentally stroll onto.

Even after the story broke of Shannan going missing at Gilgo, he still went back & placed two more bodies. LISK was careful but also nerves of steel.

I bet he was ecstatic when all those bodies were found. He probably talked about it with a bunch of people, then again, nothing stood out because everyone talked about it.

Yea, there is a major attention-seeking aspect to this case. Which shouldn't really surprise us considering many serial killers are full-blown narcissists who are proud of their crimes. He would have loved seeing it on the news and hearing people talking about it. He was now receiving global news coverage. That stretch seems to have provided him with the opportunity to build up a dumpsite. It was a stroke of luck that it was found so early. If the cadaver officer didn't go 5 miles west and walk along that stretch of road, it might have been another 10 years before they were found (the construction of the greenway).

IIRC he said he was out of his nut on drugs too which contributed to not looking properly.

I find it incredibly interesting how so few are commenting about this video, which is actually revealing about one of the canonical LISK victims, and gives first hand knowledge of what went on months before her death. The final known victim of the GB4 (LISK). And yet, the Shannon Gilbert 911 call, which only confirms the initial SCPD account of what went down, is getting blitzed with comments. Tells you a thing or two about the 'true crime' community. They live on Speculation Street. I mean, if Joseph Brewer or Michael Pak, or Mystery Oak Beach resident, turns out to be LISK, I will gladly eat crow, and apologize profusely. But I cannot see how anyone can take these Oak Beach 'snuff film' gang conspiracies seriously. And the Hackett junkies? Good grief...

vs. Long Island hooker later murdered, dumped in burial grounds
BY MATTHEW LYSIAK, HENRICK KAROLISZYN AND JOHN LAUINGER
DAILY NEWS WRITERS
Sunday, April 17, 2011

Correction: An earlier version of this story included a photograph of a West Babylon home identified as the last as the last known residence of Amber Lynn Costello, a prostitute who was a victim of a suspected Long Island serial killer. In fact, the photo was of a neighboring home. The News regrets the error.
Members of an Internet sex forum hatched a "revenge" plot against a Long Island hooker who was later murdered and dumped in a serial killer's burial ground, the Daily News has learned.
article link
¹++⅕

I find it incredibly interesting how so few are commenting about this video, which is actually revealing about one of the canonical LISK victims, and gives first hand knowledge of what went on months before her death. The final known victim of the GB4 (LISK). And yet, the Shannon Gilbert 911 call, which only confirms the initial SCPD account of what went down, is getting blitzed with comments. Tells you a thing or two about the 'true crime' community. They live on Speculation Street. I mean, if Joseph Brewer or Michael Pak, or Mystery Oak Beach resident, turns out to be LISK, I will gladly eat crow, and apologize profusely. But I cannot see how anyone can take these Oak Beach 'snuff film' gang conspiracies seriously. And the Hackett junkies? Good grief...
Bear confirmed what I never believed.
I don't believe Amber left the house without her phone.

Dave did not speak to the police until Amber was found.
He told Bear the same thing he told the world.
He said Amber left without the phone.
I do believe LE instructed him to say that.
May be why he said he and Amber shared the phone.

Bear said he tried to call Amber.
Her phone went to voice mail.
That prompted him to call Dave.
Dave said she went out.
That's proof Amber had her own phone.

IMO, Dave was instructed to tell everyone she left without the phone.
Bear seemed a little confused himself on the subject of the phone.

It's been said for yrs that the killer asked for phones to be left behind.
Megan's mother said LE never told her what was left behind in the hotel room.
She did at some point say she does not believe Megan left her phone behind.

Who's Michelle from the Bronx?
Bear thinks Amber met her at a party.
That's new news.
Michelle shows up, Amber goes missing.
Is there a correlation between the two.?

Epivox, the subject of the scamming wad brought up sometime ago.
A couple of the guys Bear mentioned in a forum said they had visits from the police.

Epivox, the subject of the scamming wad brought up sometime ago.
A couple of the guys Bear mentioned in a forum said they had visits from the police.
Interesting.. could even be one of the clients who they didn't scam, and least expected to be violent. Strange stuff, and more compelling than the SG 911 calls.. was my only point.

Interesting.. could even be one of the clients who they didn't scam, and least expected to be violent. Strange stuff, and more compelling than the SG 911 calls.. was my only point.

LISK doesnt seem like the kind of killer that would put himself in a situation like entering a sex workers house for an incall service & a chance at leaving DNA & fingerprints behind.....hes very methodical from what ive read in the GB4 cases.

As you stated, I dont think LISK was scammed by Amber & other in the house, since their scam consisted of incalls, not outcalls.

Doubtful LISK told people to leave cell phones behind, he seemed to enjoy calling victims' family members and friends...unless that was a one time thing with MB??

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back