Victim: Dr. Teresa Ann Grace Sievers

Now that the documents are out, I just can't understand why a smart, strong, independent, religious, caring woman would stay in THIS marriage 4X longer than the FIRST marriage to KC. He made such a good impression during his interview, and he and TS remained friends all these years, they had to know each other very well, so he must have known something was amiss in her personal life, as things were probably going downhill for a while. Surely she could have reached out to him, or family, for any help or support if she needed to leave. Why 12 years with MS, when KC only lasted 3 years?

Children can become the center of your world, your own needs become secondary, sometimes we see the flaws in the relationship as an adjustment to life events and don't see them in their totality until the children become a little less dependant. There would have been good days too.

I know everyone is excited that we have documents to read. Feels like a sort of hollow victory. The snappy spinning excited gifs seem inappropriate. Probable because I knew her and her death still makes me sad...anyway. I'm going to read them today..I'm grateful everyone is filled with enthusiasm and in getting justice for her...if the situation was reversed she would be doing the same...I'm sure of it.

Now that the documents are out, I just can't understand why a smart, strong, independent, religious, caring woman would stay in THIS marriage 4X longer than the FIRST marriage to KC. He made such a good impression during his interview, and he and TS remained friends all these years, they had to know each other very well, so he must have known something was amiss in her personal life, as things were probably going downhill for a while. Surely she could have reached out to him, or family, for any help or support if she needed to leave. Why 12 years with MS, when KC only lasted 3 years?

Well the first thing I like to say about what happens between two people: when you are looking in from the outside you will never really know what goes on, and the two people in the relationship probably don't know either. And I am not saying that in total jest. But my guess would be that she had kids with him right away, and we all know folks who probably would of split up if it were not for the sake of the kids. But I believe she was definitely on her way out of the relationship.

I agree with others = the children. Plus she was a hard worker and probably put as same commitment, hard work and ethics into her marriage that she clearly showed throughout her professional life

Totally O/T. Literally, 5 min. ago I was talking to my son about animal allergies. I told him that I've always been very allergic to cats.
He suffers from animal allergies as well and told me that his college roommate had a Russian Blue cat who would literally roll around in his bed, etc. with absolutely NO reactions.
I've never heard of a Russian Blue and remembered you from WS. By chance, do you own a Russian Blue cat?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Totally O/T. Literally, 5 min. ago I was talking to my son about animal allergies. I told him that I've always been very allergic to cats.
He suffers from animal allergies as well and told me that his college roommate had a Russian Blue cat who would literally roll around in his bed, etc. with absolutely NO reactions.
I've never heard of a Russian Blue and remembered you from WS. By chance, do you own a Russian Blue cat?

Yes I did, one of my most beloved pets, he lived to be 24. And a real character. Not sure if he was a pure bred but he sure looked it. He had that blue grey color in the sunlight that reflects like other gray cats do not.

Yes I did, one of my most beloved pets, he lived to be 24. And a real character. Not sure if he was a pure bred but he sure looked it. He had that blue grey color in the sunlight that reflects like other gray cats do not.
Aww. Sounds like he was a sweet and great companion.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

JMO, children. Probably lots of other factors but mostly because of her kids.:moo:

Yes, I have often wondered the same thing. If you go to KC's facebook page, it is clear that this man is smart, educated, and cares about what is going on in the world. And, he did make a great impression during his interviews. I agree with the others about staying because of the kids because I have a sister who did that same thing, but I wonder what drew her to this man to begin with. He seems so fake. And, the only reason I can think of that KC and TS split up is because KC is quite a bit older than her (he is 60 or 61) and perhaps did not want children. But, comparing the personalities of the two men, it just doesn't make sense why she would be drawn to someone like MS after being married to a man like KC who said that his only regret is that he wasn't there in that house the night she was murdered to protect her from the attackers.

Message for ***Teresa*** His day is coming just a matter of time. Mean while there is a small army keeping an eye out and working on your behalf to make sure that happens.

Agree with all of the above.
I stayed in a very unhealthy marriage far longer than I should have because I didn't want my children growing up in a broken home. Plus, a lot like TS and MS, we owned a business together but he ran 99.9% of the financial end of it. I was clueless that we were getting into financial trouble until the very end.
That said, once divorced and 5 years later, the ex and I have an excellent relationship. We eat dinner with the kids and our respective spouses on special occasions. We check in on one another on a very regular basis. Not to insinuate any of this is about me... I just know about staying longer than I should have.
When one is in the middle of all of that bad marriage mess, it is hard to see the forest for the trees.
My guess is that MS can be quite the charmer and TS was coming out of a divorce and maybe a bit vulnerable. MS seized upon that and the fact she was an MD was NOT lost on MS. He saw his ticket out of the lower socioeconomic class he had lived his entire life. She was quite literally his jackpot.
I'm fairly sure they were never on solid financial footing because as AmazonRain pointed out, MS was obsessed with money. I don't care how much money one makes, there is always a limit. My guess is MS began spending right off the bat after they were married, as if she had an already well established practice. He was likely able to pull it off for a while but eventually, the cards began to fall.
TS had to have been aware there was financial problems near the end but I'm sure she didn't know just how bad things really were (IRS payment due etc).
I know because I've lived that part. I just didn't have 5 mil in life insurance and wasn't the primary bread winner. That, plus my ex wasn't a cold blooded murderous psychopath.

Message for ***Teresa*** His day is coming just a matter of time. Mean while there is a small army keeping an eye out and working on your behalf to make sure that happens.

Like a million times! Yes! I'm so sorry for your loss, Helper!

[video=youtube;KldslHI9Utw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KldslHI9Utw[/video]

Please watch this video as TS seems so empowered. As a retired Life Coach myself, I cannot imagine that Teresa Shievers was so much in denial about her own happiness that she did not look at her own marriage.

This video was done in 2014.Was Teresa in denial about her own relationship? It appears that she gave up her own power in favour of her husband's control over her and her children. Was she a workaholic who denied her own happiness in favour of her patients?

[video=youtube;OQoz4yQU37I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQoz4yQU37I[/video]

This is another video of her being very empowered.

She was a force to be reckoned with...you get a sense of what her patients received at appointments...when she is doing the Q and A in that second video. Only she is talking slower in that group setting (lol). I was thinking about her yesterday...and missing her. I got some lab work back and wished I could run it by her...she knew her stuff!

[video=youtube;OQoz4yQU37I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQoz4yQU37I[/video]

This is another video of her being very empowered.
Excellent video. As a one who has undergone bio HRT she really knew her stuff. I imagine she really trusted MS at first. She couldn't afford not to if she was to focus on building her practice. I imagine red flags were popping up in the past few years and she had an inner struggle on what to do. Maybe she had a plan and a strategy in place but that plan would never come to fruition as MS conspired to her early demise. So horribly sad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

JMO, children. Probably lots of other factors but mostly because of her kids.:moo:

That and MS made it nearly impossible for her to leave financially. He was savvy, he homeschooled the girls, they were in debt up to their eyeballs, he was the office manager of her HER practice.

MS had intertwined himself into every aspect of Teresa's life making it a lot more difficult to sever ties.

There are very very few circumstances that a student loan can be forgiven. Is death one of them?

That and MS made it nearly impossible for her to leave financially. He was savvy, he homeschooled the girls, they were in debt up to their eyeballs, he was the office manager of her HER practice.

MS had intertwined himself into every aspect of Teresa's life making it a lot more difficult to sever ties.

Good point - I can't imagine having to face that situation - in addition to what we know would have been an incredibly NASTY divorce if MS had allowed TS to live long enough to leave his lazy, lying a$$.

There are very very few circumstances that a student loan can be forgiven. Is death one of them?

That depends on what kind of loan it is ATL ~ If it is a federal loan, then yes it will be forgiven. But I doubt ALL of her debt was through financial aid. With private loans though, the surviving spouse is then liable for the total debt. I'm sure all credit cards and probably loans were taken out jointly. Say they took out a 2nd mortgage or took equity out on their home = no equity and a larger mortgage. Remember TS did go back to school again in 2008 and 2012 for additional masters degree's. I am assuming MS will be liable for all of that. And don't forget about the IRS coming AGAIN on those loans. They want the tax on those school loans.
IDK if this is correct or not. :confused:
The IRS is NOT Mark Sievers friend anyway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back