Possible Victim: Jessica Taylor, 20, found Manorville July 2003 & Gilgo Beach Mar 2011

I simply am asking other members if they remember reading she was a heroin addict like I read long ago. I also referenced people who seemed to remember reading that she was a heroin addict years ago. I wanted to talk with other people who remember reading that so we can suss it out instead of being harassed by someone trying to shut down any conversation about the matter while being quite sarcastic about everything. If I could source it do you think I would be asking other people if they remember reading it?

So does anyone else remember reading it? I know Cvaldez and some other people believe they might have just like me. That's all.

I guess we all should just not look any further into it.

I remember reading it! But we remembered wrong. Think about it, Jessica Taylor first came to the public's attention on May 9 when she was identified as having remains on OP. Already on May 10, Mountain Kat can't find any mention of her being a drug addict.

And I'm not harassing you, this is a discussion board!

My point is if you think you read it BEFORE MAY 10 2011 in a NEWS ARTICLE and not just a message board comment, you can go back and look for proof the info has been "redacted" by LE in any of the pre may 10 2011 caches of news articles about Jessica Taylor. Asking people if they remember doesn't really tell anything. Obviously we read it somewhere, but it doesn't appear to be true so it likely wasn't from a news article.

Was there an address for Jessica?

This snippet is from an older long island press piece..

Taylor was an upstate New York native, last seen on the streets of Manhattan, working near the Port Authority Bus Terminal, the week before her body was found, according to police reports. She had been arrested for prostitution in Atlantic City, New York and D.C., where she had just relocated from that same month. Little else is known about Taylor; she was estranged from her family.

I agree that there is likely more than one killer, but I thought the baby WAS DNA linked to a dismembered UID.

Yes, but I wouldn't trust what the guy says. For all we know he was behind Jessica's murder. It would benefit him to steer public or LE suspicion away from himself by claiming her torso was in burlap. I have never read or heard her torso was in burlap. I don't believe him.

LE said at the beginning of this case that the Manorville victims and the 4 victims in Gilgo had decidedly different stats. I'm aware we don't trust Spota, but I think it is interesting that in the beginning of this case it was released that :

"[FONT=&]Spota said the killer went to great lengths to hide the identities of Taylor and the unidentified woman in Manorville, but did not make any attempts to hide the identities of the four women originally found near Gilgo Beach. He also said that the Manorville murders are significantly different than the four women originally found near Gilgo.[/FONT][FONT=&]Spota also said that the murders of the Asian man and the child, believed to be a girl, do not appear to be related to the murders of any of the women.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]“It is clear that the area in and around Gilgo Beach has been used to discard human remains for some period of time,” Spota said. “As distasteful and disturbing as that is, there is no evidence that all of these remains are the work of a single killer.”
[/FONT]

http://archive.longislandpress.com/2011/05/09/jessica-taylor-identified-as-skull-on-ocean-parkway/[FONT=&]

As wrong as Spota has been with Burke and the likes I do believe the theory LE has. I don't buy that one boogieman is behind all of these bodies. I think jessica and jane doe 6 (as well as the other Manorville males) were victims of a Pimp/gang/drug traffickers.

I think this guy who was Jessica's pimp knows much more than he is letting on. JMO
[/FONT]

Jessica's tattoo has always bothered me. In my opinion, the killer did not do enough to disguise her tattoo. I mean, this man dismembered her, so it's not like he finds mutilation gruesome; why didn't he cut the tattoo off completely? Or at least further disguise it? The whole left wing was still intact. Why bother doing any of that, if he figured she'd never be found?

Jessica's tattoo has always bothered me. In my opinion, the killer did not do enough to disguise her tattoo. I mean, this man dismembered her, so it's not like he finds mutilation gruesome; why didn't he cut the tattoo off completely? Or at least further disguise it? The whole left wing was still intact. Why bother doing any of that, if he figured she'd never be found?

He knew she'd be found. How hard is it to cut off a tattoo, like cut the skin around it completely off? anyone know

I don't know because I've never mutilated anyone but I would venture a guess it's substantially easier than cutting someone's head off

I would think so to, but do we know for sure? I think Rifkin used to dismember with a boxcutter which blows my mind. I'm just trying to figure out the reason he's not removing tattoo. Is it as easy as slicing the skin around the tattoo off? or is it difficult? I think it might be sloppiness

He knew she'd be found. How hard is it to cut off a tattoo, like cut the skin around it completely off? anyone know

Much easier to slice off a piece of skin, than to dismember her limbs and decapitate her. The latter requires sawing through bone and muscle. Cutting off a piece of skin would be simple in comparison.

Much easier to slice off a piece of skin, than to dismember her limbs and decapitate her. The latter requires sawing through bone and muscle. Cutting off a piece of skin would be simple in comparison.

Then I can't really understand why he didn't cut the tattoo off. I think he rushes and might overlook them. Are you sure it's as simple as you describe? Can anyone think of any reason he's dismembering and doesn't slice off the tattoo completely? He scratched up Remi Angel tat almost like he noticed it late and cut it up with something. It doesn't really make sense

Then I can't really understand why he didn't cut the tattoo off. I think he rushes and might overlook them. Are you sure it's as simple as you describe? Can anyone think of any reason he's dismembering and doesn't slice off the tattoo completely? He scratched up Remi Angel tat almost like he noticed it late and cut it up with something. It doesn't really make sense

I don't know - that's why it's so odd to me. Take Robert Shulman, for instance. At least 3 of his victims had tattoos that I know of off the top of my head. Kelly Sue Bunting was ID'd by hers. The other 2 women, Medford Jane Doe and Yonkers Jane Doe, remain UID to this day. And he dismembered (but not decapitated) all of them. Medford and Yonkers Jane each had both arms and one leg removed.

I wonder if maybe Jessica's killer was a pimp who tried to get her to work for him and leave Remi, and slashed her tattoo because of it.

My take on it is similar to others. He liked JT to an extent, but when he found out what the tattoo meant he lost it (perhaps he knew for a while what it meant).

Could the killer have been another pimp? Could he had wanted JT to become his working girl? Could the slicing be not of taunting or to hide it, But just a pure act of anger towards Remi himself no more no less? That JT wouldn't be his?

Just random thoughts.

It seems as if they slit up and down across the tattoo and the investigators held the skin back together so they could see the entire thing. It was attempted that the tattoo be obscured, but IMO the person who dismembered the victim and dropped her body simply did a poor job of destroying the tattoo.

or sure - maybe he did just destroy the tattoo out of anger as other people have suggested.

I think the tattoo was destroyed in the manner it was as a form of torture; done by a man who taunted the victim with each slash. He probably said things like "...where's Remy now...he can't help you now" to make her feel even more helpless. Jessica's photo haunts me and breaks my heart. Thinking about what she must've endured makes me pray for the justice she and all the victims deserve.

I think the tattoo was destroyed in the manner it was as a form of torture; done by a man who taunted the victim with each slash. He probably said things like "...where's Remy now...he can't help you now" to make her feel even more helpless. Jessica's photo haunts me and breaks my heart. Thinking about what she must've endured makes me pray for the justice she and all the victims deserve.
Was it ever determined whether the mutilation was pre or post death? I thought I read post. But I could be mistaken so don't quote me.

A guest on a radio podcast said there was no bruising around the tattoo. The answer is post death. There would have been bruising if she was alive.

I believe tge tatto was an after thought. Maybe thr killer didnt see it at first. But he/she did go through great lengths to hide her identity. The key is who reported her missing? If she was picked up on the streets someone must have saw her or maybe she was standing with other people. Someone who can recall some type of vehicle or something the police can go by. The biggest clue us who saw her last and was anyone present when she met her last customer?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back