Victim: Megan Waterman, 22, missing June 2010, found Gilgo Beach Dec 2010 *Rex Heuermann charged*

It is my understanding from comments on other forums that this motel/hotel is well known as a place to meet a prostitute or take a prostitute and that the management is okay with this and probably in on the profits. It is said to be protected from busts. This is MOO and might be appropriate for the rumor thread, but if I put it there no one would see it as being related to this conversation. IMO the serial killer went there not because he is a factory worker, or lives in the area, but because it is part of the sex slave industry.

Almost every city in the US has these kind of motels. A long time ago my husband and I were broke and accidentally checked into one of these motels. It does not take long to pick up on the vibes. They discourage regular guests. Before we were able to get out of there we received a phone call where someone whispered into the phone, "Get out." Believe me, we did.

Megan disappeared from the Express Holiday Inn in Hauppauge. We know from DS that the killer also asked Amber to meet him at this same hotel, though Amber refused. So what's the draw to this particular hotel? What's near there that makes this place so convenient for him? Work? Home? Something.

I'm getting the impression that this question by Mountain Cat is *Very* important.

I wonder if LE has noted this too?

I sort of doubt that the police went to the trouble of checking the store's surveillance.

And thinking more about it, we don't really even know if Waterman had a Craigslist date that night. It could have been a "good samaritan" who just gave her a ride...

And they should be ashamed of themselves for not doing that.:banghead: It's one of the first things they should have done.

What time of night was this? Was it after 1:00AM? The surveillance tapes would have been recording during that hour.

Megan disappeared from the Express Holiday Inn in Hauppauge. We know from DS that the killer also asked Amber to meet him at this same hotel, though Amber refused. So what's the draw to this particular hotel? What's near there that makes this place so convenient for him? Work? Home? Something.

I'm getting the impression that this question by Mountain Cat is *Very* important.

I wonder if LE has noted this too?

How about a previously unidentified connection to JB involving a man who HAPPENS to live just across the highway from that hotel where Megan disappeared? A distance of 1.6 miles to be exact, by car. You can probably see the hotel from his back yard? A doctor. A doctor who has/had an office in Brooklyn? Lives/lived in Hauppage, works/worked in Brooklyn...hmmmm. How exactly would a person like this get to be listed on public search entities as an alias of JB? And more importantly, how would you go about getting info like that removed? Someone did. I ran the search initially in Dec 2010 and then again last August....the alias is gone, wiped clean. But I have the old screen shots of the way it used to look in Dec 2010.

I've been sitting on it for almost a year and a half. I was told when I found it that it was just a coincidence. I don't know how two TOTALLY different names wind up this way unless one of them uses the other's name for something or Brewer turned into something like Joe Aphisiadoelfod (no that's not it but the 'odd name' associated with JB's, as an alias, seems just as ridiculous) and I don't buy that it was an over site or an accident.... but okay...it's out there now regardless. I've had one coincidence too many. He also shows an address in Oak Beach. It could be nothing but it's really bugged the shyt out of me for a very long time.

I'd gladly post the screen shots but I haven't figured out how I'm going to do that without Trisha jumping out of my monitor and beating me with my keyboard. I have no idea who this man is but I can tell you the real guy is somewhat older than JB. Just know that the name in question is far beyond Smith, Johnson or say, Jones and the property in Hauppauge came back listed to him IIRC. Another coincidence? I think not.

Is this the kind of connection you're looking for? :what:

So, let me make sure I've got things straight.

Megan Waterman disappeared from a hotel at 1:30am, Sunday, from a hotel that may or may not call the police when you ask them to, in an area that is basically deserted?

Was she the one that was found along the highway ... possibly the guy that caused the trouble at the hotel was the same one that picked her up along the highway and offered to drive her home or threw her in the ditch?

Has that lead produced anything? Someone gave a name to reserve the room ... was it the woman that was left to wander along the highway, found dead? Was the person she was with completely ruled out? If that person was ruled out, then I think that it's someone very local ... that would be an opportunity crime. But ... at the same, there are the well planned phone calls from the middle of times square (something like that). Perhaps it escalated from well planned, neutral areas of abduction far from home to areas closer and closer to home because the guy wasn't getting caught - getting away with committing a lot of murders.

I'm on a tangent ... sorry ... but this case is bigger than my mind can process. There's something ... like escalating in his modus operandi by moving his body locations and abductions closer to home ... that helps identify where he is living. Is there a map of all the body locations plotted ... a large map ... I've tried plotting them myself and there seemed to be several body locations, but bodies from all locations seemed to be tied together.

Seaslug, do you have this type of map? I really appreciate your maps.

Thanks

A gentleman's club with ties to organized crime five minutes down the road?

A secluded parking lot where drug dealers frequent often?

I noticed that too, Seaslug...having a bit of a strip club obsession with this case. So, what time do strip clubs close for the night? Sometime around 1 am?

(I posted this in Melissa's folder, but want to repost it here in Megan's folder as well.)

Something that kind of jumped out at me this morning regarding the phone calls to Melissa's sister: they went on for quite some time. LISK initially talked about all the things he did to Melissa, but never mentioned killing her until the very last call. So, did he hold her somewhere? If so, do the forensics bear this out? If he didn't hold her, then she was at the dumpsite (along with Maureen) the entire 6 months he was calling Melissa's sister and tormenting her. What prompted him to end the calls by telling the sister Melissa was dead? My guess is because the game got old to him. Move on to a new game. Court another victim. That next victim would have been Megan. So if Melissa disappeared July 10, 2009... and if the calls went on for 6 months, that puts us some time in January of 2010. Megan disappeared June 6, 2010. That's 5 months time LISK had to court her, assuming he devoted himself strictly to her (which he may not have).

So my question is this: what do we know about Megan's activities from Jan.-June 2010 ? Anything?

I'm talking about shutterflys post about the DR..Duh!!!

Is this DR a Radiologist with the initials RS?

Shutterfly your post made my jaw drop... I'm with SherlockHolmes on this, please let us know the name!

How about a previously unidentified connection to JB involving a man who HAPPENS to live just across the highway from that hotel where Megan disappeared? A distance of 1.6 miles to be exact, by car. You can probably see the hotel from his back yard? A doctor. A doctor who has/had an office in Brooklyn? Lives/lived in Hauppage, works/worked in Brooklyn...hmmmm. How exactly would a person like this get to be listed on public search entities as an alias of JB? And more importantly, how would you go about getting info like that removed? Someone did. I ran the search initially in Dec 2010 and then again last August....the alias is gone, wiped clean. But I have the old screen shots of the way it used to look in Dec 2010.

I've been sitting on it for almost a year and a half. I was told when I found it that it was just a coincidence. I don't know how two TOTALLY different names wind up this way unless one of them uses the other's name for something or Brewer turned into something like Joe Aphisiadoelfod (no that's not it but the 'odd name' associated with JB's, as an alias, seems just as ridiculous) and I don't buy that it was an over site or an accident.... but okay...it's out there now regardless. I've had one coincidence too many. He also shows an address in Oak Beach. It could be nothing but it's really bugged the shyt out of me for a very long time.

I'd gladly post the screen shots but I haven't figured out how I'm going to do that without Trisha jumping out of my monitor and beating me with my keyboard. I have no idea who this man is but I can tell you the real guy is somewhat older than JB. Just know that the name in question is far beyond Smith, Johnson or say, Jones and the property in Hauppauge came back listed to him IIRC. Another coincidence? I think not.

Is this the kind of connection you're looking for? :what:

Nope.

For some reason, I think the connections are more obvious.

Like, right in front of our faces obvious.

MOO.

(I posted this in Melissa's folder, but want to repost it here in Megan's folder as well.)

Something that kind of jumped out at me this morning regarding the phone calls to Melissa's sister: they went on for quite some time. LISK initially talked about all the things he did to Melissa, but never mentioned killing her until the very last call. So, did he hold her somewhere? If so, do the forensics bear this out? If he didn't hold her, then she was at the dumpsite (along with Maureen) the entire 6 months he was calling Melissa's sister and tormenting her. What prompted him to end the calls by telling the sister Melissa was dead? My guess is because the game got old to him. Move on to a new game. Court another victim. That next victim would have been Megan. So if Melissa disappeared July 10, 2009... and if the calls went on for 6 months, that puts us some time in January of 2010. Megan disappeared June 6, 2010. That's 5 months time LISK had to court her, assuming he devoted himself strictly to her (which he may not have).

So my question is this: what do we know about Megan's activities from Jan.-June 2010 ? Anything?

Mountain_Kat

FYI, the phone calls to MB's sister started July 16, 2009 and ended Aug 26, 2009 with the caller saying he killed Melissa.
Thecalls ended after a Buffalo TV station revealed their existence.
So the timespan of the calls where 5 weeks and 3 days.

2009 calls from MB cell phone, (7 all together, the last 3 calls date is not known):

July 16,

July 19

July 23

Aug 26

Here is the location of my POI's sister's bizz and her home marked as "A" and "C"

ATLANTICMyPOIssisterandherbizzlocversusExpressINN.jpg

Add to that that my POI stated himself Oct 14, 2011 that:

"i went up to LI once back in june 2010 to see my sister, and parents graves, and then again in may 2011."

Megan Waterman disappeared June 6th 2010 from the Holiday Inn Express marked on the map as "B".

(Note he only ment his patents graves, his sister is very much alive, he was visiting her June 2010, but I don´t know what date)

Do you know if he was also on LI the month prior - May 2010? or Sept. 2010? Could he have spent the whole time period of late April 2010 thru Labor Day 2010 of that year on LI working or visiting?

Inside Joke - BUT TRUE. certain cop rescues a patron in a burning strip club. Went in and dragged the guy out. His fellow officers thought it was hysterical and said the cop could have done it blindfolded. He was so familar with the place, going in both on and off duty that he knew every inch of the place.

A gentleman's club with ties to organized crime five minutes down the road?

A secluded parking lot where drug dealers frequent often?

This area a major intersection of main roads. Most of the main "arteries"(main roads) have some kind of access here. You can get anywhere from here.

This area a major intersection of main roads. Most of the main "arteries"(main roads) have some kind of access here. You can get anywhere from here.

Also, I am wondering... does anyone know...

Is this hotel property under the same jurisdiction of the police precinct(s) as Brentwood and/or Central Islip? If they are then it would be correct to assume that since Central Islip and Brentwood are among the highest crime locations in Suffolk county that those residential areas command so much of the police department's resources that there isn't much time or manpower left to patrol the parking lot of this hotel (out-of-sight/out-of-mind).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emmachabada
Back