Victim: Megan Waterman, 22, missing June 2010, found Gilgo Beach Dec 2010 *Rex Heuermann charged*

I found reference to a Newsday article dated December 6, 2007 about a Nassau County prostitution sting (involving a mom and dad couple - from Brooklyn) at a Woodbury hotel. I can't find the actual news report, but I can see comments about the article. Robert Blake and his "girlfriend" were the mom and dad arrested.

I'm wondering if anyone else can find info on this arrest, or a copy of the Newsday article.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/woodbury-ny/TDOAP3VA80UC4CEE7

Megan has a thread on the cold case forum. Dating back before we knew there was a LISK. It turns out there was alot of publicity on her disapperance. The killer must of known this. It may be why he asked Amber to meet him at the same hotel MW was last seen. More publicity. It was a game for him.

I found reference to a Newsday article dated December 6, 2007 about a Nassau County prostitution sting (involving a mom and dad couple - from Brooklyn) at a Woodbury hotel. I can't find the actual news report, but I can see comments about the article. Robert Blake and his "girlfriend" were the mom and dad arrested.

I'm wondering if anyone else can find info on this arrest, or a copy of the Newsday article.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/woodbury-ny/TDOAP3VA80UC4CEE7

Interesting...Blake was also arrested near a JFK airport hotel with a mother and child where the mother claimed he forced her to take clients and would;t let her leave? Am I remembering right?

Megan has a thread on the cold case forum. Dating back before we knew there was a LISK. It turns out there was alot of publicity on her disapperance. The killer must of known this. It may be why he asked Amber to meet him at the same hotel MW was last seen. More publicity. It was a game for him.

We got that little nugget from Dave right? I wonder what day Amber's invite was, after Megan's disappearance or before. Unless they've matched some phone numbers or something, we don't know it's the same guy do we?

We got that little nugget from Dave right? I wonder what day Amber's invite was, after Megan's disappearance or before. Unless they've matched some phone numbers or something, we don't know it's the same guy do we?
I think DS said AC invite was a couple of weeks before she went missing. Thats a couple of months after MW went missing. Its probably the same caller. This killer wanted attention without getting caught or the bodies being found.

Oh Akeem - looks like you're up the river once again.

Attachments

• akeem dec 22.png
    akeem dec 22.png
    119 KB · Views: 93

Good memory, good catch.

<modsnip> I have always wondered if Shannon's"They're trying to kill me." had anything to do with rumors about the other missing girls.

What is this. I cant open it.

An appeal. Here's part of the document:

Page 1
13-2809-cr United States v. Blake UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE SECOND CIRCUIT SUMMARY ORDER Rulings by summary order do not have precedential effect. Citation to a summary order filed on or after January 1, 2007, is permitted and is governed by Federal Rule of Appellate Procedure 32.1 and this court’s Local Rule 32.1.1. When citing a summary order in a document filed with this court, a party must cite either the Federal Appendix or an electronic database (with the notation “summary order”). A party citing a summary order must serve a copy of it on any party not represented by counsel. At a stated Term of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, held at the Thurgood Marshall United States Courthouse, at 40 Foley Square, in the City of New York, on the 3rd day of October, two thousand fourteen. Present: ROBERT A. KATZMANN, Chief Judge, ROBERT D. SACK, GERARD E. LYNCH, Circuit Judges. ____________________________________________________________ UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, Appellee, - v - No. 13-2809-cr AKEEM CRUZ, AKA VYBE, AKA MELLO, Defendant, ROBERT BLAKE, AKA BANKS, AKA MIKE BLAKE, AKA BLADE, AKA BA, Defendant-Appellant. ___________________________________________________________
Page 2
For Appellee: Winston M. Paes and Susan Corkery, Assistant U.S. Attorneys, for Loretta E. Lynch, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of New York, Brooklyn, NY For Defendant-Appellant: Lawrence D. Gerzog, New York, NY ________________________________________________ Appeal from the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York (Korman, J.). ON CONSIDERATION WHEREOF, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED, ADJUDGED, and DECREED that the judgment of the district court be and hereby is AFFIRMED, in part, and REMANDED, in part, for further proceedings consistent with this opinion. Defendant-Appellant Robert Blake appeals from a judgment of conviction entered May 24, 2013, and sentence entered on July 15, 2013, by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York (Korman, J.), after Blake pleaded guilty to transportation of an individual for the purpose of prostitution under 18 U.S.C. § 2421. The district court sentenced Blake to 84 months of imprisonment, less 177 days already served, and three years of supervised release. As a condition of supervised release, the district court required Blake to “comply with any sex offender registration requirements mandated by the law.” Appellant’s App’x 164. We assume the parties’ familiarity with the underlying facts and procedural history of this case, as well as with the issues on appeal. We review a district court’s sentencing decision for reasonableness under an abuse-of- discretion standard. Gall v. United States, 552 U.S. 38, 51 (2007). Employing that standard, we “must first ensure that the district court committed no significant procedural error . . . [and] then consider the substantive reasonableness of the sentence imposed.” Id. Blake contends that the district court erred both procedurally and substantively. 2
Page 3
Blake first argues that the district court committed procedural error in applying a sentencing enhancement for obstruction of justice based on Blake’s false testimony provided in support of his request for a Fatico hearing. He raises four challenges to this enhancement. As his first challenge, Blake contends that the district court clearly erred in relying upon a statement made by Serina Merlo, his girlfriend, as evidence that his testimony in support of his request for a Fatico hearing was false.

In Lost Girls Vybe says the Megan left the hotel with her phone. Just wanted to point that out. There is another interesting thing in the book, it says everyone suspected Vybe of being involved. Human Trafficker is the phrase used. There is a sentence where a girl says her bf Piff who was friends with Vybe suspected him in her disappearance.

In Lost Girls Vybe says the Megan left the hotel with her phone. Just wanted to point that out. There is another interesting thing in the book, it says everyone suspected Vybe of being involved. Human Trafficker is the phrase used. There is a sentence where a girl says her bf Piff who was friends with Vybe suspected him in her disappearance.
A couple of pimps were suspected early on. Until the bodies were found and it was realized there was a serial killer.

A couple of pimps were suspected early on. Until the bodies were found and it was realized there was a serial killer.

some think vybe knows something though. He called Megan ten minutes before she left the hotel. If she took her phone like he said it dispels the myth of the "leave your phone" LISK

some think vybe knows something though. He called Megan ten minutes before she left the hotel. If she took her phone like he said it dispels the myth of the "leave your phone" LISK
Megans mom said Cruz called Megan at 1:15. She left the hotel at 1:30. It sounds to me like the clients call him. He sets up the dates. Unless her phone shows something differently.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back