Victim: Melissa Barthelemy, 24, missing July 2009, found Gilgo Beach Dec 2010 *Rex Heuermann charged* #2

Does anyone have faith this case will be solved?
I don't.

If they have the killers DNA from the GB4, they will catch him......but imo, they dont have a DNA profile off of anything from the Gilgo dump site. Imo, only way to connect anything to the killer is the phone technology they are looking into.

Serial killers tend to make their biggest mistakes early on.....in their first few kills......there is a learning curve for them as they evolve & master their craft. If you want to catch LISK, you need to figure out who his first or second victim was, thats where hes gonna make mistakes.

Last edited:
It was reported on News Nation that the killer also made calls from Freeport and Lindenhurst.
MB stepfather said the calls were made around 5:30 in the evening.

I don't think the killer made the calls from the Railroad.
But than again, you never know.

The calls were made from Penn Station and Times Square.

According to the Gilgo News site, the calls were made from Port Authority and Penn Station, though I can see news outlets reporting Port Authority and Times Square interchangeable since Port Authority is basically right on the edge of Times Square.

The official report also only mentions calls from those two Manhattan locations. Freeport, Massapequa, and Lindenhurst all pinged with activity but I haven't seen anything about calls being made from those locations.

ETA: I found the News Nation article that mentions "calls were made from Freeport and Lindenhurst in addition to Massapequa and Manhattan." But I am wary of this information since I haven't see that reported anywhere else, or cited in any official sources. Though this particular article doesn't attribute those phone calls to just MB's family.

Last edited:
The Freeport, Massapequa, and Lindenhurst mentions are where I think the SCPD has to be a little more specific as to what type of activity, otherwise others (including myself) may veer off in the wrong direction with the information, thinking it implies Melissa's phone, when it was possibly LISK's phone, or vice versa. News media outlets may have already confused the issue a bit. Unsure!

The family lived in Buffalo NY.
I think Sleuth_EMJ meant the Tangredi family (Manorville area), not the Barthelemy family (Buffalo).
If it is true that Melissa Barthelemy was friends w. Rita Tangredi’s daughter—again, Rita Tangredi was one of two women who was strangled to death while working as a prostitute, allegedly at the hands of Bitrolff (who resided in Manorville)—that is probably more than just a strange coincidence.

If someone could direct me to the right thread-
much appreciated

IDK the rules and hope i am not breaking them

Just my opinion

I wonder. Using the information given via MB sister’s phone calls- the use of the term “half-breed”, could the SK be themselves “half-bred”.

Okay so follow me.

I wonder if SK grew up in a cultural environment as someone who did not “look” part of their culture, and it was repeated to them a lot.

I do agree - the term “half breed” is very old fashioned , and not typically how a Caucasion male racist would word this expression given the intention. The wordage is atypical considering the widely used verbal attack language used in American culture since IDK way before this person was alive.

But - maybe it used often to SK in another language and loosely translated

SK may sound white because he doesn’t sound specifically any other dialect/accent

Were any of the GB4 sexually assaulted? Or any indication? Aside from being naked

From my research, the AC4 were not.

Certain aspects of the 4GB and the AC4 are eerily similar. The spatial awareness holds me- from an aerial map view, the placement is so specific.

I am by trade a visual artist/sculptor - and the placement of these women from an aerial Google map perspective are very striking as a graphic. Highly specific. Not the same, but closely related.

This is how you build an art show, the work feels related enough to be in the same room and also independent. Not saying SK is an artist BTW.

I am also an avid Geocacher- i wonder if the spacing is based on pacing, very Boy Scout- counting each step you walk/heel to foot.

Maybe some of the larger variations in distance between each victim could indicate sometimes SK is drunk, as MB boyfriend/pimp said.

IMO it does seem possible SK does partake/drink/party sometimes, maybe only for the purpose of targeting. Perhaps each victim had contact previously and assumed it would be a similar, non-threatening experience.

It is noted ALL 8 of the AC4 and GB4 were identified immediately- I wonder if SK chose women who had family strategically to be noticed. (versus several LI Jane Doe for example)

There is a theory SK is a drug dealer because some victims gave an impression of a short, momentary, interaction or a person known or trusted.

I wonder if it could be as simple as SK likes to party and is wealthy. Very wealthy and seemingly non threatening. “I am heading up to LI, we are going to party our faces off - come up I will pay you well”

Aerially, 4GB - LE would know exactly where to look given the data. As PB pointed out- (1) was in the middle, and it went Left, Right, Left, and we could presume Right

The AC4 - I do not know the area, but the same goes essentially - 1 far 2 short 3 far 4 short and so on..

One thing is certain, each set of (4) women are exclusively a set. Highly specific.

(4) burlap sacks.

(4) in a drainage ditch in a row

Specifically intended burial distances, positioning, and dress. (naked in burlap/fully clothed w/o shoes.

I doubt any of the other victims on LI or AC found during the investigation are related. IMO.

I imagine this person studies burial rituals, maybe as part of a religion but maybe as a hobby.

Is there any indication the GB4 were sexually assaulted? Has LE looked outside the US for a similar pattern?
“I do agree - the term “half breed” is very old fashioned , and not typically how a Caucasion male racist would word this expression given the intention. The wordage is atypical”………..I disagree—-this is exactly what a Long Islander would say—-old fashioned ?—-then he’s about 52 years old or more. I think he was hoping for a Caucasian prostitute and he was greeted by a not fully Caucasian prostitute and was not happy about that.

Last edited:
I think Sleuth_EMJ meant the Tangredi family (Manorville area), not the Barthelemy family (Buffalo).
If it is true that Melissa Barthelemy was friends w. Rita Tangredi’s daughter—again, Rita Tangredi was one of two women who was strangled to death while working as a prostitute, allegedly at the hands of Bitrolff (who resided in Manorville)—that is probably more than just a strange coincidence.

I concur......

Does anyone else wonder if the killer must have been a repeat client of Melissa because he knew she had a sister, her name and things about her in the pre-Facebook/ smart phone days? Melissa's mother says in the LISK podcast that Melissa's sister was stored in her phone only by her name and not as "sis" or anything. Do we know if that is for a fact or her mom guessing? There really wasn't social media then right that LISk could have used to look up her sister and her biracial background? If LISK was a regular I see it as very likely she'd chat about her sister coming to visit...oh, sorry I can't do that Sunday, my sister is coming for the week, etc etc, normal friendly chatting if she trusted him. To me that's the likeliest reason he'd know her sister's name and also helps bolster the theories that all four women trusted him because he was a known, safe, previous client.

ETA- Dave's account of Amber's last call makes it seem it was a NEW client but again we don't know that for sure.
I think he found out she had a sister after he abused her and before he killed her. I doubt she would reveal that info willingly, willy nilly , to a John.

IMO- they can catch this guy if they JUST RELEASE A SNIPIT OF THE VOICE on the recorded voice mails… just a sentence or 2…..the pitch, accent, enunciation could be a BIG SCORE…..what the H is the new Suffolk County Chief waiting for? Any additional bodies or evidence is gone with the Sandy Super storm in 2012………Are they waiting for another girl to show up in a burlap sack ? The belt is not enough apparently. If some of the working girls could hear the voice…you could get him…time is wasting…seems like this tack is not fruitful…maybe try a different direction ?

According to the Gilgo News site, the calls were made from Port Authority and Penn Station, though I can see news outlets reporting Port Authority and Times Square interchangeable since Port Authority is basically right on the edge of Times Square.

The official report also only mentions calls from those two Manhattan locations. Freeport, Massapequa, and Lindenhurst all pinged with activity but I haven't seen anything about calls being made from those locations.

ETA: I found the News Nation article that mentions "calls were made from Freeport and Lindenhurst in addition to Massapequa and Manhattan." But I am wary of this information since I haven't see that reported anywhere else, or cited in any official sources. Though this particular article doesn't attribute those phone calls to just MB's family.
I agree with you. The information was not clear.
It was vague.

IMO- they can catch this guy if they JUST RELEASE A SNIPIT OF THE VOICE on the recorded voice mails… just a sentence or 2…..the pitch, accent, enunciation could be a BIG SCORE…..what the H is the new Suffolk County Chief waiting for? Any additional bodies or evidence is gone with the Sandy Super storm in 2012………Are they waiting for another girl to show up in a burlap sack ? The belt is not enough apparently. If some of the working girls could hear the voice…you could get him…time is wasting…seems like this tack is not fruitful…maybe try a different direction ?
Some say LE does not have a voice recording of the killer.
I believe they do have it.
They tried tracing his calls.
Of course they have audio also

Does anyone else wonder if the killer must have been a repeat client of Melissa because he knew she had a sister, her name and things about her in the pre-Facebook/ smart phone days?
Just wanted to point out that MySpace was the place to go before Facebook. MySpace started August 1, 2003. Many of my friends/family migrated to Facebook around 2008-2009, seeing it as the new and better platform. There was also LiveJournal at the time, which started April 15, 1999, and was still quite popular at the time. No idea if any of the girls had profiles on those social media sites at the time. If they did, LISK could have looked for info. Just one scenario.

The family lived in Buffalo N
Yes, I meant the Tangredi family.

It's certainly suspicious that Melissa was best friends with the daughter of a serial killer victim who resided in the same town as her mother's serial killer and that this serial killer was on the loose when Melissa disappeared, particularly given the Manorville/OP remains disposal connection. It would have been even stranger, though, if Melissa had been placing totally unexplained calls to Manorville shortly before her disappearance.

“I do agree - the term “half breed” is very old fashioned , and not typically how a Caucasion male racist would word this expression given the intention. The wordage is atypical”………..I disagree—-this is exactly what a Long Islander would say—-old fashioned ?—-then he’s about 52 years old or more. I think he was hoping for a Caucasian prostitute and he was greeted by a not fully Caucasian prostitute and was not happy about that.
I’m sure Melissa was white. “Half-breed” referred to her little sister. I remember her Mum said that Melissa desperately wanted to be black and her mixed race little sister wanted to be white.

There were photos on phones back then. Often not great quality. iPhones came out in 2007.

I think we should also consider that Freeport and Lindenhurst are on the coast and it is possible the cell phone was on a boat. Those towns are big boating communities, as well as Oak Beach...just an observation I read someone else make and I think it is a plausible theory, knowing the south shore of long island very well.

I think we should also consider that Freeport and Lindenhurst are on the coast and it is possible the cell phone was on a boat. Those towns are big boating communities, as well as Oak Beach...just an observation I read someone else make and I think it is a plausible theory, knowing the south shore of long island very well.
Good point. If SCPD knows the time of those pings then they know whether or not those pings most likely came from a train ride (from Penn Station) on LIRR, since all of the locations mentioned are stops on one particular line.

I wonder whether or not the current SCPD team under Rodney Harrison ever re-interviewed Melissa’s pimp/boyfriend Johnny Terry (aka ‘Blaze’) re: the client that he claimed to have driven Melissa to the LI residence of the night before she went missing. He also claimed that he received taunting phone calls from someone in the weeks following Melissa’s disappearance.

???

Seems like it would be worth re-visiting, no?

@Sleuth_Noob, re: J Terry

IMO, hopefully, everything...every speck of evidence, every lead, all of it, is being given a second, third, or tenth look. I mean that. I am hopeful that the relative quiet in the case as of late is because they are looking further into things and tracking down info. Harrison seems to be at the helm of a tighter ship, with a lot less loose lips on board--I'm hoping that's to keep things professional and allow investigation to go forward without compromising/leaked info getting out there that could jeopardize an eventual conviction.

@Sleuth_Noob, re: J Terry

IMO, hopefully, everything...every speck of evidence, every lead, all of it, is being given a second, third, or tenth look. I mean that. I am hopeful that the relative quiet in the case as of late is because they are looking further into things and tracking down info. Harrison seems to be at the helm of a tighter ship, with a lot less loose lips on board--I'm hoping that's to keep things professional and allow investigation to go forward without compromising/leaked info getting out there that could jeopardize an eventual conviction.
That’s what I’m hoping too.

My opinion is that he, Bittrolff, may have stalked Tangredi's daughter for some time as a way to relive his crimes. We know he called Melissa's sister for the same reason. And this is how he became aware of Melissa, and how she became his next target. He didn't kill Tangredi's daughter because that would tie him directly to the crime.

Reactions: LR1
I doubt there's any there, there, when it comes to this targeting MB because of her friendship w/Rita's daughter. They supposedly were friends back in Buffalo long before Mellisa went to NYC. That single FB post and the information provided was never corroborated by anybody else as far as I'm aware. My guess is It's just another example of overreach by armchairs and podcast detectives looking for dots to connect.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back