Victim - Melissa Barthelemy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was MB biracial or just her little half-sister? I don't know that she has ever been described as biracial. Gilbert definitely was mixed-race.

Yes MB'a dad is African-American. I will find the MSM link when I get to a better computer.

People, cool down! The question is not, what they were but how they looked. The killer had no way to read all those news articles or browse through their family pictures when he picked them. We know Melissa Barthelmy was falf African-American, he didn't back then because the articles telling us those details were only written like two years AFTER he picker her!

People, cool down! The question is not, what they were but how they looked. The killer had no way to read all those news articles or browse through their family pictures when he picked them. We know Melissa Barthelmy was falf African-American, he didn't back then because the articles telling us those details were only written like two years AFTER he picker her!

I disagree that it's all about how they looked. If the SK is racist, he could easily have learned details/family dynamics about these girls just in simple conversations with them.

edited to add...

the SK obviously learned about Melissa Barthelemy's sister from Melissa...and learned about Melissa's boyfriend from Melissa....and Waterman could have simply shown him a photo of her baby.

Was MB biracial or just her little half-sister? I don't know that she has ever been described as biracial. Gilbert definitely was mixed-race.

Sorry! I am completely wrong about MB's ethnic background. See snowstar's link above about MB's dad.

Thanks snowstar!

I am just confused on your theory, that is all.

Here is the link where both Lynn Barthelemy and Johnny Terry discuss the phone calls they received:

The Daily Beast
The Serial Killer Victims' Secret Life
By Christine Pelisek and Roja Heydarpour
April 24, 2011
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...island-serial-killer-victims-secret-life.html
<snip>
"Around the same time, Terry said he began to get his own taunting phone calls. His calls were from a "white guy," he said."

"He was threatening me," recalled Terry. "He said, you like to do some crazy stuff with Melissa, I know where you be at. Most of the time he seemed to be drunk. He knew who I was. He knew I had tattoos on my back. Maybe he felt [Melissa] was doing something he didn't like."

"Terry said the anonymous caller called him more than 30 times over a period of eight months. He said he reported the calls to the cops. Months later, Terry said, he was approached by the police again, but this time not as a suspect. They wanted to know about the john on Long Island. They asked if he could describe the house and if he could pick it out if he was taken there. He said he could."

"They already knew about the guy in Long Island," he said. "I said if they come to get me I would go. They didn't come."

I really, really wonder about this statement - it seems unlikely that the police would never ask him to take them to the house. Especially since the "john on Long Island" COULD POSSIBLY be the $1000 john that the girls trusted or considered a boyfriend.

I would love to know more about this from Johnny Terry - even the name of the LI town where this house is located would be something to go on - especially if it happened to be in Massapequa. I assume that he has never disclosed this in anything I have read, please let me know if you come across this.

I really, really wonder about this statement - it seems unlikely that the police would never ask him to take them to the house. Especially since the "john on Long Island" COULD POSSIBLY be the $1000 john that the girls trusted or considered a boyfriend.

I would love to know more about this from Johnny Terry - even the name of the LI town where this house is located would be something to go on - especially if it happened to be in Massapequa. I assume that he has never disclosed this in anything I have read, please let me know if you come across this.

To my knowledge, LE has not come forward to corroborate JT's statements about the john's house.

Oh come on ... four Caucasian victims, that would make him a reverse-racist. Which id basically what I profiled early last year for him and I got almost scalped for that. :floorlaugh:

"Scalped" probably isn't the best terminology to bring in to a discussion about racism.

I have been to your website and I really enjoy your profiles, but I think the racial elements are their weakest point. I don't understand why you think the LISK is a black man. From what I understand, you seem to be saying that it's because the victims don't look that much alike other than being white, so the killer must be choosing them because they're white. Am I reading you right?

I would love to know the town where the house is located too.

LOL My DIL is here using my 'puter so I can't go search right now - she'll be gone in about an hour.

But I remember when we first learned about the drifter that was stated - months ago so I remembered it.

ETA: Dern, I must have got that wrong. I can''t find an old link with that in it but found this in a comment: " . . the guys mother lived in islip area and a cell call was made from massapequa taunting one of the victims sister". .femalefirst.co.uk/board/long-island-serial-killer-exposed-t271527-30.html

Scandi that quote is about Joseph Brewer and his mother NOT "The Drifter", here is the full message and the message it responed to:

by Guest » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:54 am

Guest wrote:
It is possible, but what are the chances that there is no relationship concerning four bodies of petite women prostitutes in their 20's who used Craigslist to get business being found dumped so close to this man's home who also admittedly was seen with another woman prostitute Shannon Gilbert who also used Craigslist to get her johns before she disappeared after a neighbor called 911 and she called 911 screaming that someone was trying to kill her?

Reply:
EXACTLY NO CHANCE WHAT SO EVER! theguys mother lived in islip area and a cell call was made from massapequa taunting one of the victims sister. massapequa is between islip and oak beach if your taken the wantagh parkway. But the biggest fact is the girl left this guys house screaming to cops they are trying to kill her and she ends up dead and dumped in the same area as these victims.

As far as my research on the issue of where "The Drifter"'s mother live; it has never been stated where she lives.

This is the original, and as far as I know, the ONLY newsreport providing info about the "The Drifter" and his mother.
IMHO ALL other info to be found on the net about "The Drifter" and his mother, are IMO quotes and reinvented versions of this NY Post newsreport.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/nd_man_partied_with_missing_li_hooker_LqvHfXICfjJH6uNATrrKmK

2nd man partied with missing LI hooker

By SELIM ALGAR

Last Updated: 7:41 AM, April 9, 2011

Posted: 1:22 AM, April 9, 2011

Quote:

A second man had been partying with missing Craigslist sex worker Shannon Gilbert the night she disappeared from a Long Island beach community where a serial killer is suspected to have buried his victims, The Post has learned.
The man, a 48-year-old drifter with a penchant for strippers, was staying at the Oak Beach summer home owned by businessman Joseph Brewer, the john who hired Gilbert in May 2010 and was also with her that night.

At one point during their get-together, Gilbert fled in a panic from Brewer's home -- just a few miles from where the bodies of four other hookers were unearthed in December -- telling one resident: "They're trying to kill me!"

Quote:

Cops would not say if they have questioned the second man.

His mom told The Post yesterday that her son had contacted her after Gilbert's disappearance. She said she believes he is now somewhere in Georgia.

"He called me," she said. "He told me not to worry if his name was in the papers related to the case."

He is not a Cacucasian killing African-American but an African-American killing Caucasians. Same typology as Bernard Jackson or Omar Thornton. And since I'm not allowed to tell you my website, you could google my name and my name and would find on the site the complete profile I wrote last year with some extensions from end of last year.

Even though profiling is an extremely helpfull tool in a lot of SK cases, Sometimes it is wrong, Profiling is not 100% full proof.

I was really curious about this too--I think Dwntwnslim is correct in LE not having confirmed JT's story. I'd hope if it's true that they'd realize what an important lead this is. Since we know nothing about the ongoing investigation I'm assuming they follow up on that. I'm thinking that Massapequa is a key place too, maybe it's where the SK lives.

Even though profiling is an extremely helpfull tool in a lot of SK cases, Sometimes it is wrong, Profiling is not 100% full proof.

Sure it isn't. But my last three in the US were 2 out of three and my last ten in Europe were nine out of ten. So yes, I trust a bit in my experience and instincts.

"Scalped" probably isn't the best terminology to bring in to a discussion about racism.

I have been to your website and I really enjoy your profiles, but I think the racial elements are their weakest point. I don't understand why you think the LISK is a black man. From what I understand, you seem to be saying that it's because the victims don't look that much alike other than being white, so the killer must be choosing them because they're white. Am I reading you right?

It's a little more complex. Most serial killers are psychopaths/sadists. That means, their murders have a primarily sexual motives. We can assume that for Manorville for example. Typical other examples for that would be Bundy, Gacy, Corll. And so on. Typically, those SKs kill in their own ethnicity, but especially homosexual whites seem to be a bit opener in that point (compare also Albright or Dahmer). The point is, whether homosexual or heterosexual, it's about sexual attraction which normally give the victimology some common optical traits missing in this case.
So, what we have here is a killer killing victims who have basically only gender and ethnicity in common. Now, if all the victims would be African-American, nobody would have a problem profiling, the killer is Caucasian. But the victims are all Caucasian, which makes the killer with that victimology and no evidence of sadistic torture what exactly? And it's not that there are no black SKs. Coral Watts for example would so disagree with that belief. Carlton Gary was a black SK killing elderly white women, Omar Thornton was a blakc spree killer killing 7 white employees in the company he worked, Bernard Jackson was a serial rapist "specialized" in white women. All share the same kind of victimology.

I just realized something: I had the same kind of discussion when I said, the Grim Sleeper would be black (well since he is caught now, we know, he is). And again when I said, the basilen killer is probably Hispanic (google pics) and when I said, the Flint-Stabber is not Caucasian nor African-American, but probably brown as in Middle East brown, not Hispanic brown. In all those cases, the political super correct people jumped on me, called me a racist and whatnotever, and in all those cases, after the offenders were caught, the discussion very discretely faded out. So, personally, I see this as just the rinse and repeat case number five and wait out till Suffolk PD or the FBI will catch him (I will be in two years fifty years old, so pray, I have enough years ahead to wait for them to catch anything).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth