Victim of unsolved sex crime

Discussion in 'Welcome To Websleuths' started by lilynola, Sep 10, 2019.

1. lilynola

lilynola New Member

Hi y'all. I'm from New Orleans and dealing with a case that the police department is making no moves on and could use some help. I don't know if this is allowed but I don't know where else to go but maybe reddit. I gave the police all the information I have, got a STAR advocate, and gave a description of the vehicle with the location and time of the assault, but was told that they "didn't find a vehicle of matching description". I have a feeling that because my rapist is a wealthy property developer in the city, they aren't making many moves. All I have is his first name, but I provided phone numbers, multiple vehicle descriptions (including a rare sports car), and a next of kin's phone number. I've since had to move because he repeatedly drove past my house and was following me.

If anyone knows where I should post next, is willing to help, or has any advice, please feel free to reach out.

Thanks
    Lily

Laughing likes this.
  2. BlackCloud

BlackCloud Well-Known Member

So sad...my gosh :(
    Anyways, welcome.

Laughing likes this.
  3. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

just wondering if you should not be using your real name and photo - a mod would be able to help you change it

BlackCloud, Laughing and musicaljoke like this.
  4. sportstergirl

sportstergirl Member

So sorry, take care. make sure your home has good security and have a gun handy

BlackCloud and Laughing like this.
  5. Laughing

Laughing Rarely Speechless

Keep in touch with that advocate, your parish may have a change in the prosecutor's office that would change the odds....

Sorry to learn of your situation!

BlackCloud likes this.