Vigil set for Haleigh Aug 10th - Balloon release Aug. 17. for Haleigh's 7th Birthday

Discussion in 'Haleigh Cummings' started by MADJGNLAW, Aug 5, 2010.

1. MADJGNLAW

MADJGNLAW New Member

How time has gone by, here we are at almost two yrs and still no sign of Haleigh or what happen to her. I pray that she is found sooner than later and the POI's are put to away for life and/or given the needle.

Below are the time and dates for the upcoming vigil and balloon release.

2. Loading...

3. lil momma

lil momma New Member

Oh, thanks Madj!

I really would like to know when and where GGS and family have been continuing to look for HaLeigh! JMO

I remember last year, there were a several WSer's that released balloons as well at the same time on the same day, but in their hometown. I was wondering if anyone was thinking of doing so again.

I think i will release 7 purple balloons on 8/17 in honor of HaLeigh.

JMO :)

4. mysticrose

mysticrose The key to change... is to let go of fear

Wow time has gone by quickly :( Two years, I just cant believe it, well I wish I could be there but I will be there in prayers.....

5. LaLaw2000

LaLaw2000 Active Member

Yes, most of us have been here since the first day - the day of Caylee's memorial service. I will never forget it. :frown: And still no Haleigh and still no justice for her. I never dreamed it would take so long, and now we may never know what happened to her.

The 7 purple balloons are a good idea, lil momma. I think that is what I will do as well. 7 purple balloons toward heaven for Haleigh from Louisiana.

6. Maia

Maia Praying for HaLeigh

I’m not sure that this is where I should post this, so, if not, mods please move it.

I’m new to WS and not one of the many wonderful, dedicated sleuthers that have been following HaLeigh’s case here since the beginning, but I have been following it locally from the area since day one and say a prayer for little HaLeigh every night. I also say a prayer for Jr. as well because I believe he is going to have some tough struggles in his life.

Over the past 18 months, IMVHO, we should have seen the family of this darling little girl constantly in the news asking, begging, for her safe return, but instead, we’ve seen the majority of them plastered (no pun intended) in the news regarding their arrests and unsavory lifestyle…arrest charges resulting from thefts to drug abuse, possession, and trafficking. And now one, or all, may be facing murder, or at the very least, manslaughter charges. What a waste of God’s gift of life.

I, too, will be releasing 7 purple balloons on Aug. 17 for HaLeigh’s birthday and also 1 purple balloon on the 10th of every month until she is found or I am no longer on this earth to do so. God bless HaLeigh.

7. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy

Thanks for the info about the balloon launch in honor of HaLeigh's seventh birthday. I've already marked my calendar, and purple balloons with purple and pink ribbons will be released in north-suburban Detroit at 2:17 pm on 8/17. This beautiful child should be enjoying the summer before starting second grade. Thoughts and prayers for HaLeigh.

8. Jovi Girl

Jovi Girl New Member

I like the balloon idea. However, I would rather give purple balloons to some children I know, or maybe just at random. Make another child's day happy as well as remembering Haleigh. And I agree something is up with the family, IMO, not really searching for answers. We ,for the most part, don't even know her, and everyone is looking for info to find this beautiful child and if the worst case senario is true, give her a proper burial. :banghead:

9. nas212913

nas212913 New Member

Wow. She's gonna be seven. I can't believe it :(
    Maybe she'll receive some justice for her birthday this year.

10. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

[​IMG]

11. atherella

atherella Where is Haleigh?

BBM

There is an email address set up for people who release balloons to send in pictures of their releases - just like last year. The pictures will then be posted online, like last year.

The email address to send in your pictures is:

balloonsforhaleigh@gmail.com

I released red and purple balloons last year (with HaLeigh's fliers in them). This year I will release red and purple balloons again to honor HaLeigh's birthday.

12. Emeralgem

Emeralgem New Member

I plan to light a candle at 3:45 pm on the 9th for Haleigh and wiil release a purple balloon on the 9th also...
    I've chosen the 9th because IMHO, the Cummings know she passed on the 9th and was not abducted on the 10th...JMO

13. lil momma

lil momma New Member

Thanks atherella! I do recall the email address being set up to send in your photos and i also recall being so mad last year b/c i lost my camera right after i took the pictures of the balloons....:furious:

14. MADJGNLAW

MADJGNLAW New Member

Haleigh Cummings Vigil tonight, August 10 at the First Baptist Church of Welaka at 6:30 pm

Grandmother Says Family Is Holding Onto Hope
    POSTED: 11:18 am EDT August 10, 2010

"Snip" http://www.wesh.com/r/24577723/detail.html
    PALATKA, Fla. --
    Tuesday marks 18 months since Haleigh Cummings vanished from her Putnam County home.

Her father's family will hold a vigil Tuesday night at the First Baptist Church in Welaka.

15. SCHTown

SCHTown New Member

This has been the paternal side of her family, NOT the maternal side. Her mother's family has been working to find her, but without all the added drama. IMVHO, Nancy Grace attacked the "bio-mom" (I hate that term) so viciously, and so she's not been in the national news that often. She has retreated to raise Jr. in the country where hopefully he isn't exposed to all the DRAMA associated with the Cummings clan. JMO

16. tehcloser

tehcloser New Member

How nice that they do something for 1 day to get in the limelight. How about all the other days when they have been doing nothing? These people make me ill. Do they honestly think they are doing something by releasing balloons? pppffffttttttt.

17. MADJGNLAW

MADJGNLAW New Member

:waitasec: I wonder why they would have a vigil for Haleigh today? What is different today than it has been the past 18month? We all know she is missing and/or murdered. So why the vigil? Why not have it on her birthday? TN said she was going to talk to Merchant a week or so ago, after someone's hearing. Either Tommy or Ronald's. I wonder what she and Merchant talked about?
    Maybe I am just overly suspicious of the Cummings family.

18. Concerned Papa

Concerned Papa New Member

I take nothing away from anyone who draws comfort from releasing balloons.

As for me, I will do as I did last year and donate school supplies for needy children in Haleigh's memory to Browning Pearce Elementary School. There's apparently not to be a gathering at Riverfront Park this year, but that's cool.

UPS knows where her school is at.

19. Emeralgem

Emeralgem New Member

20. Chablis

Chablis Inactive

Its really the LEAST they could do.

21. lorann

lorann New Member

Thanks Papa, I was wondering about that. I still have Marie's addy and was going to mail there just as a way to let her know I hadn't forgotten Haleigh, them or Haleigh's Closet.