Virus Alerts?

Discussion in 'Forum Finesse' started by Woe.be.gone, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Woe.be.gone

Woe.be.gone Active Member

When on page 11 of this thread, I was about to post and my computer went haywire - said that a virous was attacking and attaching to my email. My system shut me down from there and I spent the next three hours sweeping my computer. I've never had this happen before.

I'm suspicious; something weird went on here with me anyway. FYI and please advise if anyone knows what may have happened. Thank you.

2. Loading...

3. OneLostGrl

OneLostGrl I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane

Yeah, my virus protection picked it up. Thankfully it did so before it could do anything. I lost the WS window and had to re-open it. But something did go down, no doubt!

4. Gypsy Road

Gypsy Road New Member

Thanks for the heads up OLG and Woe!

5. The Eunice Burns

The Eunice Burns New Member

I don't think it was a fluke. I thought so at first, so I didn't say anything. Now that you have posted that you had something happen to your pc, I'm going to say something. Very shortly after my post (#330) at 7:09 P.M. 10:09 P.M. Eastern) I got an alert from my anti virus software. Something was trying to insert itself in my system, but I think it got stopped by the shields. I don't know what happened, but I have a hinky feeling.

6. Gypsy Road

Gypsy Road New Member

Regarding the virus thingy. Do we need to let the mods know? Has someone already done that?

7. Lexington

Lexington New Member

Did this happen when you were attempting to post on page 11 like Woe?

8. The Eunice Burns

The Eunice Burns New Member

No, it alerted after I posted on pg. 14. I couldn't believe my eyes, b/c I just paid $300 for a tech to clean a nasty virus off our pc, that shut me down for awhile. It was a hard bugger to get rid of.

9. Lexington

Lexington New Member

I didn't notice anything, but I had better run my virus scan. I hope everything is okay with your computer.

10. Woe.be.gone

Woe.be.gone Active Member

Just finished reading the thread. I could have been on page 14 too because it seems I put some thanks there. At least I did past page 11. I'll have to get some sleep now but thanks for your replies. It happened fast and I didn't come back until I swept my system which said 1 threat had been detected. What gives?

okay I posted on page 13 so it may be when I went to push quote on page 14 that all heck broke loose.

11. Patty G

Patty G Retired WS Staff

I have sent a PM to administration regarding the "virus" alerts in this thread.

12. nachomama

nachomama New Member

Mine too !!! I was almost afraid to come back here this morning..

13. whiteangora

whiteangora I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"

I just went back and looked through pages 12-14 and I didn't notice any strange links or any code. I wonder why only certain people saw the threat? Maybe you all are using the same browser? I'm on the very latest version of Firefox and I have AVG anti-virus (wouldn't use anything else) been online since 1995, never had any viruses.
    I find this very strange though and would love to know what's going on.

14. Tuffy

Tuffy Not really that tough...

I don't think the virus threat that some users experienced was from this site. My guess, it was coincidence.

15. countzero

countzero self timeout

I'm using a mac and I got this message twice. Once Thursday evening and again yesterday. Page 13 for me. Going to the link in the warning these are the two pages.

http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?tpl=safari&site=newadsresults.com&hl=en-us

http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=AS:44042&hl=en-us

16. countzero

countzero self timeout

Nope, we don't get viruses :) another reason to dump M$. I have popup blocker on as well as "re-direct" notice. Every once in a long while, I will get those silly M$ virus warnings and I just have to giggle to myself for the stupidity. Because Safari is now available to use on M$ these popups just happen regardless of the OS used.

This warning from yesterday wasn't a popup though. It actually was part of the window; not a new window either. I had to use my back button or click the ignore warning button on the message to get back to page 13 of this thread.

17. JBean

JBean Retired WS Administrator

There has been an entire scan done on the server and there are no viruses here. We are checking everything, but it does not appear to be coming from this site.

18. whiteangora

whiteangora I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"

Thanks JBean, that's good to know......I just have to say that EYE is creeping me out, hopefully I'll get used to it.:chicken:

19. JBean

JBean Retired WS Administrator

If anyone can get a screenshot of anything they are seeing, please do and send it to us. Maybe we can help point you in the right direction.

20. countzero

countzero self timeout

Screen shot didn't work for me but I was able to get to the page, learn more about, that I linked above. I have been on the google webmasters page to see exactly what and who newadresults dot com are and how they are associated with google. Still researching.

21. Tuffy

Tuffy Not really that tough...

Perhaps browsers without ********* were affected? I don't see ads when I browse. I have visited this site without ********* on, and it is quite different.