VT VT - 2 WhtChildren 1 WhtFem Adult, 9-11 13-15 35-45, off logging Rd, May'35

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by rats, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

Good to know. I wasn't sure what kind of historical data was on file for comparison. Guess science is waaaay a head of me, LOL

2. Alleykins

If anyone comes across any of Dorothy's maternally related, living relatives, please let me know. Maybe we can get them to give a DNA sample to compare to this UID.

3. rats

rats Where is Justice for the Jane and John Does?

Looks like she had a sister who had at least one daughter, so... You never know?

4. Alleykins

I sent an email to NamUs, asking if Dorothy has been ruled out, and if not, how one would go about getting that done, given one case is active and the other isn't.

5. Alleykins

I heard back from the NamUs rep, she said she passed this along to the VT investigators to see if they wanted to pursue it.

Laughing likes this.
  6. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

I think this case could be an easy solve with genetic genealogy. I doubt the suspect is alive but at least the family members could be named (assuming they are related) and have proper memorials. There is probably a family genealogist out there that doesn't know what happened to these three after 1930. They are probably listed in the 1930 census and then no where to be found come 1940. Most genealogists would take note of that and be frustrated at not finding them, but assume that they moved to an unknown location or were on an illegible page or perhaps their names were badly misspelled/transcribed incorrectly. I wouldn't think they were "missing persons" just from not finding any death records. But if DNA matched to a family tree that had a family matching these ages with no records for them found after about 1930 it would be obvious immediately. Perhaps Parbon or DNA Doe Project will pick this case up in the future?

MOO.

Laughing and Mrs. Badcrumble like this.
  7. rats

rats Where is Justice for the Jane and John Does?

I think that it's going to be nigh impossible, as two of the three bodies had insufficient DNA for profiling.

Gardener1850 likes this.
  8. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

I realize they only have DNA from the adult female. If they were all related, then solving the woman's identity may reveal the children's names too. JMO.

Laughing and Mrs. Badcrumble like this.
  9. The Farm

The Farm Well-Known Member

Have they checked missing out of Canada?