VT - Austin Colson, 19, Royalton, 11 Jan 2018

Hi Criminal Justice Mom - We are still searching for Austin. As you may or not know RW has been released from VV. We are desperate for any information that could lead to Austin. Please, please help. Thank you very much!

Ive been in touch with multiple people in regards to Rich.

Thanks. I have a feeling it's him. :(
It's not official as of this moment, but the remains were found with the clothing he was wearing the day Austin disappeared. They are just waiting for the confirmation after the autopsy. While many of us expected this outcome, it still is heartbreaking. He was a boyfriend, a son, a brother, a future son-in-law, a friend to many. He was so young, just turned 20 years old in February.

My thoughts and prayers are with both Austin's and Katie's families. Katie's Mom was there when the remains were found in the barn. I can't imagine that devastation she felt at that moment, I hope and pray she is ok. She has been wonderful with all of the searching. Many good folks searched for him over the last four months.

Katie- if you're reading this, know my heart is with you, honey. I am so sorry. I wish I could wave a magic wand and bring him back for you- clearly, you two are and always will be soulmates.

Remains Found in Norwich Might Be Linked to Royalton Man’s Disappearance
ColsonSearchContinues-jc-vn-052418-ph01

ColsonSearchContinues-jc-vn-052418-ph03

Richard Whitman is named as a suspect :

"There have been no arrests, but police have announced a suspect in the case, Richard Whitcomb, of White River Junction. That's who Austin's family says he was supposed to meet the day he disappeared. Whitcomb was in jail on a federal gun charge, but police say he is no longer in custody. Dana Colson says the Norwich property is a place Whitcomb has worked at in the past."

wcax.com/content/news/Grieving-father-continues-to-search-for-answers

It's certainly a comfort to know he's out and about in the community. Hopefully, when LE gets the autopsy results, that will change.

Oh no kidding! Having a good ole time for himself, too, along with his lying spouse.

They will nab him this time. Between him claiming he was in Manchester, NH to LE that day and his wife saying he was lying on the couch all day with the flu on the Vermont State Police page- quite clearly, he's been busted of his whereabouts. Not to mention, his phone pinged in Norwich, which I promise everyone- is not even remotely close to Manchester, NH. Austin's remains were found in Norwich in a barn, on a property that Rich was known to work the land on or behind.

This time, I think he's going to go away for a very very long time. LE' s just getting the ducks in a row, and need the COD to work with the evidence.

Forgot to add- let's not forget, LE confirmed that he reset his phone, deleting everything. They were able to retrieve everything, and they stated that he looked up how to get rid of gun shot residue from his hands just before he reset it. I'll just bet there is more on his phone from that day that LE has for evidence that they are keeping to themselves to use for his trial for Austin's murder.

Richard Whitman is named as a suspect :

"There have been no arrests, but police have announced a suspect in the case, Richard Whitcomb, of White River Junction. That's who Austin's family says he was supposed to meet the day he disappeared. Whitcomb was in jail on a federal gun charge, but police say he is no longer in custody. Dana Colson says the Norwich property is a place Whitcomb has worked at in the past."

wcax.com/content/news/Grieving-father-continues-to-search-for-answers

Clickable link: Grieving father continues to search for answers

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie