VT VT - Lynne Kathryn Schulze, 18, Middlebury, 10 Dec 1971

Age progression photo added and clothing/jewelry description updated.

Lynne Kathryn Schulze – The Charley Project

upload_2021-12-31_15-52-33.jpeg

Clothing/Jewelry Description: A navy blue pullover sweater, a brown nylon ski parka, blue jeans, hiking boots and a silver Indian-style ring with turquoise stones

There are three things I would like to comment:
1. Lynne's timeline: I don't get the order of the last sightins: sometimes, I read she forgot a pen and went to get it, but I also read she was last seen at a bus stop, in front of All the good things store. I think there's a certain chaos there.
2. Robert Durst: I didn't really understand why he was considered a suspect; he is a murderer, I don't doubt it, but all his victims had a relationship with him... then I recalled he had admitted been unfaithful to his wife, so... could he have been involved with Lynne? What would Durst have done to a lover saying "no"?
3. Possible match: I found this while checking NamUs: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) What do you think?

Unfortunately Lynne is on the Jane Doe's exclusions list.

Well, it would be a strange coincidence if Robert Durst were just an innocent bystander. We know he’s a murderer. It’s quite safe to believe that he had skills in making people disappear. (Didn’t use them in the case where he was convicted, of course.)

The Lynne Schulze presentation by the Middlebury Police

See attached file: Lynne-Schulz-presentation-by-the-Middlebury-Police.pdf

Or the presentation converted to a video slide show, see below: -

Link: Lynne Schulze - presentation - Middlebury Police

Attachments

• Lynne-Schulz-Presentation-by-the-Middlebury-Police.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
Timeline from the Middlebury Police presentation

LKS Timeline Middlebury Police Presentation.png

7:45 AM
- Roommate leaves and Lynne is still Sleeping.

12:30 PM - Lynne is seen at the Bus Stop eating dried prunes from the local health food store. Says she is going to New York, but the bus has already left. She walks back to campus.

12:45 PM - Lynne is seen in her dorm room prior to her final exam at 1:00 PM. She does not want to talk about the exam. She is distracted and looking for her favorite pen.

12:50 PM - Lynne is still in her dorm room.

12:55 PM - Lynne is no longer in her dorm room.

1:00 PM - Lynne does not show up to her final exam.

2:15 PM - Lynne is seen standing on Court Street across from the Bus Stop and the local health food store. This is the last time she is ever seen.

Link: Lynne Schulze - presentation - Middlebury Police

Last edited:
Truly_Mysterious, Nice work on the photo colorizations. The portrait of Lynne was her High School Yearbook photo as seen below:

Larger memorial image loading...

Lynne Kathryn Schulze​

BIRTH 9 Feb 1953
DEATH 10 Dec 1971 (aged 18)
Middlebury, Addison County, Vermont, USA
BURIAL Burial Details Unknown

LINK:

Last edited:
It has been over 50 years since Lynne Schulze disappeared. It seems that she intended to travel to New York by bus, and was twice seen across from the store "All Good Things" (Owned by Robert Durst) waiting for a bus.

Robert Durst is a likely suspect, although never officially named as such. He lived in the area at the time and had family in New York.

Durst is a suspect in the disappearance of his first wife, Kathy in 1982, and in 2021 was indited by New York authorities for her murder.

In 2014, Durst was fined $500 after he was caught on video urinating on the candy rack at a CVS pharmacy.

In 2000, Durst was charged with killing his elderly neighbor, Morris Black in Galveston, Texas. Durst had been living in Galveston at the time, wearing a disguise and pretending to be a deaf, mute woman.

Durst was accused of cutting up the body of Morris Black and throwing bags of the body parts into Galveston Bay. Black’s head was never found. Durst claimed that he killed Black in self defense and the jury agreed. Durst was acquitted of murder.

In September 2021, a jury found Durst guilty of first-degree murder in the 2000 shooting death of a neighbor Susan Berman.

Durst died in January 2022 after serving less than three months of his life sentence.

After Durst's death, his lawyer said, “He’s always been viewed by his contemporaries as a little bit odd..."

Gee, ya think? Is it just a coincidence that Lynne Schulze was last seen outside his store on 10 December 1971?

Yeah, BIG Coincidence.

It has been over 50 years since Lynne Schulze disappeared. It seems that she intended to travel to New York by bus, and was twice seen across from the store "All Good Things" (Owned by Robert Durst) waiting for a bus.

Robert Durst is a likely suspect, although never officially named as such. He lived in the area at the time and had family in New York.

Durst is a suspect in the disappearance of his first wife, Kathy in 1982, and in 2021 was indited by New York authorities for her murder.

In 2014, Durst was fined $500 after he was caught on video urinating on the candy rack at a CVS pharmacy.

In 2000, Durst was charged with killing his elderly neighbor, Morris Black in Galveston, Texas. Durst had been living in Galveston at the time, wearing a disguise and pretending to be a deaf, mute woman.

Durst was accused of cutting up the body of Morris Black and throwing bags of the body parts into Galveston Bay. Black’s head was never found. Durst claimed that he killed Black in self defense and the jury agreed. Durst was acquitted of murder.

In September 2021, a jury found Durst guilty of first-degree murder in the 2000 shooting death of a neighbor Susan Berman.

Durst died in January 2022 after serving less than three months of his life sentence.

After Durst's death, his lawyer said, “He’s always been viewed by his contemporaries as a little bit odd..."

Gee, ya think? Is it just a coincidence that Lynne Schulze was last seen outside his store on 10 December 1971?

Yeah, BIG Coincidence.
Assuming the witness statements are reliable then the chances of him not being involve are astronomical. Sounds like the police were very interested in him years ago but they did not have enough evidence to arrest him. According to witnesses Lynne was standing at the bus station in full view of Durst's store and sounds like she even bought pruns from his store and so Durst would mostly likely have interacted with Lynne. So this begs the question "if Durst didn't have anything to do with her disappearance then why didn't he come forward as a first hand witness at the time? That's circumstantial evidence right there. Durst may have even killed his wife, best friend and neighbour later on to cover up because he had let things slipout to them about his past crimes and so they knew too much.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmalan
Back