GUILTY VT - Terri King, 53, abducted & murdered, Rutland, 27 Nov 2000 *Arrest*

j2mirish said:
so what???:doh: oh, i dont know why I read these things!!:doh:
I put this here because it was the top story in our news.I had to work with this little monster and have no sympathy at all for him.He would complain all of the time and expect us to cater to him.The newspaper he wrote to is not a newspaper,but a local rag.
His friend who helped him who helped him hung himself.

this is the Websluths thread from 2005
Court TV

Terry King prayed for her life and these killers showed no remorse while killing her.
It is a disgusting move for Fell to even think that his story in the rag would comfort Terry's family,friends and the public.

Three were murdered,Terry,her boyfriend Charlie and Fells mother.
He got the death penalty because the crime was committed in Vermont and Terry was kidnapped,carjacked and murdered out of state.(federal capital murder and federal carjacking)The case was tried here in a federal court because the crime started here.
Fell attempted to gain sympathy from the start and he is trying until the end.The reason for the "remorse" letter.
Why they are doing a handwriting analysis on the letter is a joke.It states that the letter was written on lined paper in pencil.Well where Fell is housed(high security) they can only write with "golf pencils",they are not allowed pens.They are given state paper that is lined.(they are given lined paper on designated days.)

I did not know that there was a "Death Penalty Awareness Week":rolleyes: until I saw this on the news in this article.

All states need the death penalty.Fell only got the death penalty in Vermont because he went out of state with Terry.
read here

I posted the thread before I went out the door to work.
I can respond better now.

Amraann said:
He is not remorseful for what he did ... He is remorseful for now having to pay the price.
I agree with you , he is not remorseful he's just trying to find a way to extend his useless life hope the judge does not fall for this sh... , he should get what he deserves .

j2mirish said:
so what???:doh: oh, i dont know why I read these things!!:doh:
I posted the story with no comment,so I hope that your comment was not directed towards me for posting this with you and other posters after you assuming that I wanted people to feel sorry for him(that is the way the posts sounded,especially the reply you posted.).I have no sympathy at all for him.I just want to make it clear that if a poster shows a story,it should not be assumed that they agree with it.

dark_shadows said:
I put this here because it was the top story in our news.I had to work with this little monster and have no sympathy at all for him.He would complain all of the time and expect us to cater to him.The newspaper he wrote to is not a newspaper,but a local rag.
His friend who helped him who helped him hung himself.

this is the Websluths thread from 2005
Court TV

Terry King prayed for her life and these killers showed no remorse while killing her.
It is a disgusting move for Fell to even think that his story in the rag would comfort Terry's family,friends and the public.

Three were murdered,Terry,her boyfriend Charlie and Fells mother.
He got the death penalty because the crime was committed in Vermont and Terry was kidnapped,carjacked and murdered out of state.(federal capital murder and federal carjacking)The case was tried here in a federal court because the crime started here.
Fell attempted to gain sympathy from the start and he is trying until the end.The reason for the "remorse" letter.
Why they are doing a handwriting analysis on the letter is a joke.It states that the letter was written on lined paper in pencil.Well where Fell is housed(high security) they can only write with "golf pencils",they are not allowed pens.They are given state paper that is lined.(they are given lined paper on designated days.)

I did not know that there was a "Death Penalty Awareness Week":rolleyes: until I saw this on the news in this article.

All states need the death penalty.Fell only got the death penalty in Vermont because he went out of state with Terry.
read here

I posted the thread before I went out the door to work.
I can respond better now.
DS- I hope you didnt think I directed the SO at you for posting the article--
I meant so what if he says he sorry now--

dark_shadows said:
I posted the story with no comment,so I hope that your comment was not directed towards me for posting this with you and other posters after you assuming that I wanted people to feel sorry for him(that is the way the posts sounded,especially the reply you posted.).I have no sympathy at all for him.I just want to make it clear that if a poster shows a story,it should not be assumed that they agree with it.
oh- geez, I just answered this on the other post, then read this one-- NOT AT ALL---

after looking at it again, I can see how you may have taken it that it was directed at you- too few many words on my part--
my so was because I dont care what he says now, and the " I shouldnt read these things" was meant., because when I read things like this is just makes me so Angry, they hit death row, and are either sorry- or still innocent--
I apologise, cause again-- after re-reading I see how you may have thought I was addressing you-- nope!:blowkiss:

Ok, yea so he says he's sorry... Whatever... Now hook him up and get 'er done!!!

I am glad he has come to an understanding of the enormity of what he has done, and I am sure since he is truly remorseful, and concerned about th family.........I am sure he will want to make it clear that he doesn't want to put this family through anymore trauma, and he will want to make it very clear that he does not want to go through those endless appeals. For the families benefit, he will want to end the process for them and allow them a chance to go on with life, without having to worry about the appeals process.
Yeah, right! Wishful thinking on my part.

mysteriew said:
I am glad he has come to an understanding of the enormity of what he has done, and I am sure since he is truly remorseful, and concerned about th family.........I am sure he will want to make it clear that he doesn't want to put this family through anymore trauma, and he will want to make it very clear that he does not want to go through those endless appeals. For the families benefit, he will want to end the process for them and allow them a chance to go on with life, without having to worry about the appeals process.
sounds good----too bad that isnt EXACTLY what he is a thinking :furious:

BURLINGTON, Vt. -- Prosecutors want Donald Fell sentenced to be executed in the state of Indiana, the only place in the country where the federal government has carried out the death penalty since reinstating it.

news link

Execution Site Could Delay Death Penalty

Burlington, Vermont - June 13, 2006

Choosing an execution site could be an issue this week when a death sentence is handed down in Vermont for the first time in more than 50 years. Since Vermont has no death penalty, the judge will select a state where Donald Fell will be executed. Presently 38 states have a death penalty and federal prosecutors are asking the judge to pick the one state that is least likely to delay execution for Fell.
news link

mysteriew said:
Exactly! Too litlle too late.. He has had far more time than he gave Terri at the time of her murder. I am sick to death of these last minute jailhouse pity parties and finding god moments.. just get one with it already and apply the appropriate and determined penalty for the harm he has done to the families and to Terri.
enough is enough.

At least he admitted what he did. That's better than denying it to the grave. It won't make anyone feel better, but the guys who go to their executions with an "F" you attitude and telling everyone to kiss their butts is worse in my opinion. These guys need to get right with God and maybe this is the first step.

Jeana (DP) said:
At least he admitted what he did. That's better than denying it to the grave. It won't make anyone feel better, but the guys who go to their executions with an "F" you attitude and telling everyone to kiss their butts is worse in my opinion. These guys need to get right with God and maybe this is the first step.
This is how I feel, too.

news link

Burlington, Vermont - June 16, 2006

For the first time in nearly a half century, a judge handed down a death sentence in a Vermont courtroom. Donald Fell was sentenced to die for the 2000 kidnapping and murder of a Clarendon woman-- one of three murders he committed in less than 24 hours.

news link
The case began over five years ago in November of 2000. 53-year-old Terri King of North Clarendon was abducted on her way to work at the Price Chopper in Rutland. Donald Fell and Robert Lee needed a car, and King was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/news/local/2015/02/09/fell-case-road-trial/23143093/

The Donald Fell death-penalty case is heading to trial as a potential plea agreement has been removed as an option for case settlement, U.S. Attorney Eugenia Cowles said Monday... The deal would have called for Fell to plead guilty to the kidnapping and killing of a North Clarendon grandmother more than 14 years ago. In exchange, Fell would have received a mandatory life sentence in prison for the crime he was previously sentenced to death for committing...

No new trial date has yet been set, and Cowles said she is unsure of when the trial will take place...

This summer, Judge William K. Sessions III ruled that juror misconduct during the 2005 trial was so egregious that Fell deserved a new trial and a new sentencing.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...08/death-penalty-case-retried-years/24629173/

Fifteen years later, Hibbard said she feels as if the weight of her mother's death in the case has diminished to "words on paper," though the death still affects her family every day. Hibbard said the 15-year span of the case has led to pain and confusion for her family as Fell's fate continues to be argued. "It just seems like a game to everybody else," Hibbard said...

Lawyers for Fell who joined the case in 2009 unearthed evidence of misconduct by a juror who they said secretly traveled to Rutland during the first trial to look at the crime scenes. In his decision to have the case retried, Sessions wrote that Juror 143 told a third party about what he had seen and shared his observations with the jury panel.

Juror 143 failed to tell the court at any time what he had done, and then lied under oath in August 2013 when questioned about his conduct during a court hearing before Sessions, the judge said in his ruling.

O/T
I never thought to check for this case on websleuths! This was the first crime I ever followed. I was 15 at the time and it was big news in Vermont, plus Bill Sessions is a long time family friend, so it was my first time making a connection to what he actually did for work. I became slightly obsessed with the case, at least for a 15 year old, and spent a lot of time searching out articles on it all.

It's been interesting having it on the news again after joining websleuths and realizing this is the case that probably forst fueled my interest in true crime stories and trying to understand why people go on to do horrible things in life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back