GUILTY WA - Remains in bags, Alki Beach, Seattle, Jun 2020 - Jessica Lewis & Austin "Cash" Wenner *arrest*

There are so many different factors that need to be calculated such as the currents that day, and the stage of decomposition. These two preliminary calculations should give a good indication of whether the suitcase floated in on the current buoyed by decomp gases, or whether the remains were still "fresh", and therefor likely placed there.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Good points, There was a very bad odor per the video so I guess that means decomp was in progress.

I have a hard time believing that the remains were dumped directly at the location found. As a Seattle native, I know first hand how crowded and public Alki Beach gets, especially June and especially because Seattle saw very nice, hot weather that day. Not only foot traffic, cars cruising but homes facing the beach with giant windows. And many places in Alki do not allow for a car to get close by the beach, that means several trips back and forth dumping the remains. I absolutely believe the suitcase were dumped somewhere much more remote and the tide carried it West Seattle and it came to the rocks at low tide.

Surprised that there have been no updates or any further media coverage, assuming they are waiting for dna results of some kind.
Wondering if the remains belong to a man, woman or child and if there is more than 1 victim.

Also curious about the young people who found the bags and hoping they are okay and not having nightmares about their find.
Did the gruesome discovery turn them off the'' game ''?

"Seattle Police homicide detectives, working closely with the King County Medical Examiner’s Office, have identified the remains of two individuals found inside bags last week at Duwamish Head in West Seattle.

Detectives have identified a 27-year-old male and a 36-year-old female.

Detectives do not believe this case is connected to any other investigations in the Puget Sound area.

This remains an active homicide investigation. Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact the Seattle Police Department’s Violent Crimes tip line at (206) 233-5000."

Detectives Investigating After Human Remains Found in West Seattle

I'm curious why the detectives are confident in saying that this case isn't connected to any other investigations in the area? I also want to know how they determined their exact ages. Does that mean they already know the identities of these two?

Last edited:
rbbm.
"Seattle Police homicide detectives, working closely with the King County Medical Examiner’s Office, have identified the remains of two individuals found inside bags last week at Duwamish Head in West Seattle.

Detectives do not believe this case is connected to any other investigations in the Puget Sound area.

This remains an active homicide investigation. Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact the Seattle Police Department’s Violent Crimes tip line at (206) 233-5000."

That was fast, thanks for the link! So does this mean the victims are from someplace else?
''UPDATE 6/30/20:
Seattle Police homicide detectives, working closely with the King County Medical Examiner’s Office, have identified the remains of two individuals found inside bags last week at Duwamish Head in West Seattle.

This remains an active homicide investigation. Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact the Seattle Police Department’s Violent Crimes tip line at (206) 233-5000.''

MOO they are letting us know that this is not part of a serial, but an isolated event. I'm thinking they know the identity of one or both victims, hence the very specific ages given...

This is terrible no matter what.

Really hoping it's not related to woman reported missing in Seattle last seen in the International District mid-June, I'm presuming not as the age difference between the remains found are apparently that of a 27 year old woman.

The AWARE Foundation, Inc.

Last edited:
That was fast, thanks for the link! So does this mean the victims are from someplace else?
''UPDATE 6/30/20:
Seattle Police homicide detectives, working closely with the King County Medical Examiner’s Office, have identified the remains of two individuals found inside bags last week at Duwamish Head in West Seattle.

This remains an active homicide investigation. Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact the Seattle Police Department’s Violent Crimes tip line at (206) 233-5000.''
Pretty specific - they must know already maybe something in the suitcase ?
JMO

It says they “have identified the remains of two individuals”. I think this is meant to say that they know their identities, not just that they know it is two different people. They are probably not releasing names because the investigation is ongoing and/or NOK have not been notified yet.

EDIT, this says names to be released later this week: Human remains washed up near Alki Beach ID'd as 27-year-old man, 36-year-old woman

Last edited:
How so? Like maybe they had something to do with this?

As far as I recall it was only one person on that distressed boat. And yes, it is just a thought raised by many but quite a coincidence in the same area not to be looked at properly.

I think we will find out more in next few days once identity is released and see how far they were found from their original location.

Might the bags have been dropped off from the ferry?
Seattle police investigate human remains found in bags - CNN
map_470f62e7-26f3-4038-a696-60ddbdf6dd88_16x9.jpg

A suspicious bag was found on a beach in the West Seattle area.
Another bag was found in the water.
It is unknown whether the bags were put on the beach and then carried out by the tide, or if they were initially in the water and began to wash up on shore.

Seattle police investigate human remains found in bags - CNN

This is the video published on a MSM site. The bag has been opened and you can see a black plastic bag inside.

Human remains in suitcase found by teens on Tik Tok

The King County Medical Examiner's office identified the deceased as 35-year-old Jessica Lewis who died in Seattle on June 16 from multiple gunshot wounds. The second victim was identified as 27-year-old Austin Wenner who died of a gunshot wound to the torso on June 16. The manner of death for both victims is homicide.

Remains of 2 bodies found in suitcases on West Seattle beach identified

So names, ages and date of death are already known. I wonder whether their fingerprints are on AFIS. If so, that would give LE a clue as to why they may have been murdered. Possibly drug-related. I suspect the bodies were taken out in a boat and dumped at night.

3:43 PM: A social-media search brought up a page for an Austin Wenner, from Kent, who posted in 2015 that he was “in a relationship” with a Jessica Lewis, from Federal Way.

CRIME WATCH FOLLOWUP: Victims found off Duwamish Head were shot to death

ETA

On Wednesday, July 1, 2020, the King County Medical Examiner’s Office identified the remains of two bodies found in suitcases off Alki Beach in West Seattle on June 19.

Kent resident Austin Wenner, 27, Kent was one of the victims.

The other was Jessica Lewis, 35, of Federal Way.

Kent man's body identified as one of two found in suitcase off Alki Beach | | iLoveKent

(ilovekent is a local independent news site)

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back