GUILTY WA - Amy Mullins, 39, murdered, Rochester, 21 July 2007

Awwwww! Why weren't the police conducting searches?! This makes me so angry! How horrible for her family to have to find her!

I am just so sorry for them and for her sister. I will say prayers for her and her family. It is so very sad and so unneccessary.

And they let her ex go?!?! Right! Of course, some stranger would know to take her to the back of the property she shared with this guy and just happened to kill her there! What the ???? What a coincidence!

It is even more frightening he picked up her daughter after he probably killed Amy and drove her to a photo session!

The body of Amy Mullins was found at about 2:45 p.m. today in a field in the back of the property she and estranged husband Steve Mullins used to live in.

The property is located on the 20000 block of Carper Road S.W. and spans several acres.

(An earlier version of this story indicating Amy Mullins was found in her own back yard was incorrect.)

About 40 friends and family were searching the grounds when the body was discovered. Police had not yet joined in the search.

http://www.theolympian.com/377/story/170067.html

Poor SJB, was totally torn as to go to Wash or to stay helping contact media she did a great job........

The hubby turned himself in to LE. What a horrible thing for the family to have to find.......my thoughts & prayers are with SJB & her family!

I would say they have the goods on him. Mostly because he provided them. I wish they would all crack or I wish they wouldn't do this in the first place. This is just too sad all the way around. Prayers for the family that has to pick up the pieces.

This is terrible. I feel so badly for her family. How awful for the daughter!

I just got finished reading the thread at ctv. It is absolutely heartbreaking to read the chain of events as they unfold.

RIP Amy, the family will be in our prayers tonight :(

I agree. This is so sad for her friends and family to have to find her that way.
I’m glad that she is found thou and not one of the many missing anymore.
I hope they find her killer ASAP and suspect they have.

Rochester is a spot in the road. They probably have one cop to cover the whole area! I wonder if they called for help yesterday or just gave a quick glance around the property. However they did it they missed her. It makes me furious that her family and friends are the ones who found Amy. It didn't seem to take them to long to find her either. What a stupid idiot to leave her body covered up in the back forty. I'm glad he did though. That should have been the first place that LE throughly searched. The family should never be the ones to have to find their loved one's body. I just can't imagine how horrible that was for them all. My heart goes out to each person at the search because they will never be able to get rid of that picture in their minds.

The husband might as well fess up. So is he being held or did they let him go with his family. The last part of that news report was so confusing that I can't make heads or tails where he is now. They questioned him on Sat. Then he disappeared. Then they mention Thurston county questioning him and then something about Centralia and then letting him go. Confusing. But it was said that he turned himself in over by Aberdeen??????

Now there is a 15 yr old girl without her mother....at the age when she really needs her mother. Guess the husband wasn't going to let Amy go just like so many other husbands and boyfriends. Hope this girl has a good dad that she can live with.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_072407WAB_husband_rochester_woman_LJ.a7cb6c7b.html

Estranged husband to be arraigned for death of wife

09:15 AM PDT on Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Associated Press

ROCHESTER, Wash. - The estranged husband of a woman whose body was found on property the couple used to share is expected to be arraigned Tuesday.

Steve Mullins turned himself in at the Grays Harbor County sheriff's office yesterday afternoon. He was booked into the Thurston County Jail late last night on investigation of second-degree murder.

did you see the very sad video of when here friends found her? it under this link.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_072307WAB_missing_woman_LJ.a262e14b.html

Second-degree murder?

Hmm. I don't know if I'm happy about that. I was hoping for first.

I just got finished reading the thread at ctv. It is absolutely heartbreaking to read the chain of events as they unfold.

RIP Amy, the family will be in our prayers tonight :(
I went back and read it, too. It is heartwrenching. It also taught me a lot about how LE manipulated and handled the family. They were ANGRY it sounded to me like that the family decided to involve the media on Sunday and to call a presser! There were many things that LE did not want out there and not one that I could find would warrant such secrecy. SJB did absolutely the right thing in directing her family in such matters. LE did not want the FBI notified either. So many lessons can be learned from her posts!!! Don't let LE push you around and use the information you have to get the public involved..even if it means ruffling a few feathers in LE. It sounds to me like they tried to thwart the family's efforts at every turn.

Now, the family has to turn their attention to burying Amy and finding some justice in all this. A second degree murder charge would stem from no evidence of premeditation, imo. This could change during further investigation.

(By the way, I believe SJB said her daughter is actually 12 years old and the media had it wrong. Bless her heart.)

The couple had been together for 20 years and were married for the last 10, said Randie Purcell, a friend of Amy Mullins.
A motive for the killing remained undetermined. Investigators knew of no criminal history or domestic problems involving the couple, nor was there any indication of drug abuse or emotional problems, Mealy said.

http://www.columbian.com/news/state/APStories/AP07242007news172591.cfm

The body of a woman who police believe was killed by her estranged husband was found in an old refrigerator, and the suspect allegedly told police that he tried to dispose of her body.

Steve Mullins has been booked into the Thurston County jail for investigation of murder in the death of 39-year-old Amy Mullins.

According to a statement of probable cause, Steve told detectives that his interaction with his wife was "like a dream" or out-of-body experience and that "she 'made' him strangle her."

No cause of death has been determined, but court documents said detectives found large gashes on her head and marks on her neck.

http://www.komotv.com/news/local/8686432.html

He supposedly told his sister he had done something bad and had just "snapped" according to SJB's posts.

SJB said they also found a footprint on the windshield of his truck (I would assume the inside) and scratches on the door indicating a struggle. If he grabbed her, held her against her will for the mile and a half to their old home, dragged her into a field, strangled her, and dumped her body into an old fridge...I would believe that shows premediation and he did not "snap". He was aware enough of right and wrong to stop it at a number of points. He continued on until he covered up his crime by hiding the body. So this defense isn't going to fly, IMO.

http://www.komotv.com/news/local/8686432.html

Story Updated: Jul 24, 2007 at 6:03 PM PDT
By KOMO Staff
Watch the story OLYMPIA, Wash. -- The body of a woman who police believe was killed by her estranged husband was found in an old refrigerator, and the suspect allegedly told police that he tried to dispose of her body.

Steve Mullins has been booked into the Thurston County Jail for investigation of murder in the death of 39-year-old Amy Mullins. He is being held on $1 million bail.

According to a statement of probable cause, Steve told detectives that his interaction with his wife was "like a dream" or out-of-body experience and that "she 'made' him strangle her."

She made him do it!!! I'm so sick of hearing that instead of the killer standing up like a man and being responsible for what he did. They probably got into it over the divorce and he wanted her to come back home and drop the divorce and she wouldn't do it and so SHE MADE HIM STRANGLE HER! Seems to me he should be charged with 1st degree murder.

I just really don't understand things like this. When a couple has children, how does the hatred build to such a point they don't think about their own chldren. The kids end up losing both parents. Nothing and no one in the world would drive me to make my children so unhappy. Prayers to her family.

She made him do it!!! I'm so sick of hearing that instead of the killer standing up like a man and being responsible for what he did.

The problem with these kinds of cases is that they're aren't men. They've become some kind of inhuman being. This guy won't get what he deserves - he probably confessed as part of a plea deal. I hope not. I hope the cops sat him down and said "We have so much evidence against you that you're gonig down no matter what, so fess up". If they didn't, if instead they offered a plea deal, then he won't get half of what he deserves.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zorba347
Back