WA WA - Anne Marie Burr, 8, Tacoma, 31 Aug 1962

Ted Bundy....

1. It was raining the night Anne Marie Burr was taken. That really struck me. Serial murderers do follow "trends" and / or things that set their mood, like anyone else. Many of his victims were taken when it was raining, as if this set his depression mood to go kill at times. I was surprised at how many times I saw it was raining when he committed his murders. There was a 'pattern' there.

2. She was taken out of her home with no resistance. He knew her and it was said she would follow him around all of the time.
3. 3 miles is said as a reason he did not do it. When 14, we often snuck out and meet up with friends, 3 -4 miles away. 3 miles was nothing.
4. The "wet" shoe prints they found outside the open window to her livingroom .... KED's (brand name) tennis shoes, size 6-7. That fits his size and a lot of kids wore those shoes back then. They were the "cool" shoes to have. These were shoes worn only by kids & younger teenagers, not adults. I wish they had done a foot print comparison to Ted's shoes.

5. It's common that serial murderers do not admit their first murders. I think it dreg's up the "why's" that they dont' want to address , but rather suppress. Or , as said, to admit they did things as young as they did.
6. I doubt her age was a problem for him, since he killed two 12 yrs old while he was 27-32 yrs old. He may have felt her being smaller and younger, he could control her easily. He may have not planned to kill her, but then did.
7. His father had already been strongly abusing him, and this may be where he found his outlet, to harm others and take it out on them.
8. He later showed he had no issue going into homes for victims.
9. Her father is the one that said when he was out looking for her, that he saw Ted Bundy hanging around some construction that was going on near the home. Her father was checking that area to make sure she had not fallen and gotten hurt. He said, "Ted seemed to be acting strangely, nervous".

I'm convinced he killed her, but unfortunately that knowledge and where she ended up, is probably lost forever. Unfortunately I think they made two very bad assumptions right off the start back then, 1) a kid wouldn't do that, and 2) 3 miles was too far for him to have done it.

I believe he killed her, for many reasons, most of which have been listed here so I won't rehash them, but I'll add some thoughts of my own:

3 miles is not a far distance when you are young, especially if you go to schools where other kids are bussed in from the surrounding countryside (don't know if this happened here, but I went to a school that had kids from a 15 mile radius into the local countryside. Several of my friends lived 7 miles out, and I'd cycle out to see them). We would do this in all weathers.

The letter to her Mother: It is likely he would answer her and tell her he had nothing to do with it, as no other of his victims mother's had lived in the same town as/casually knew his mother. Imagine Mrs Bundy bumping into Mrs Burr at the post office....

He never admitted his youngest victims. He barely admitted to killing anyone except when it was to save his own skin, and even then he dripfed information in a bid to get his execution stayed. Had there have been no execution (had he have not been sentenced to death) he would likely never have admitted anything.

Look at the example of Gary Ridgeway, who stabbed a 6 year old boy (not within his victim profile at all) at age 16 because "I always wondered what it would be like to kill someone". If Ridgeway could be thinking this way at 16 (and had likely been running over it in his head through from the start of puberty) then bundy could have been thinking and acting this way at 14.

The small shoe prints at the abduction site, Could he have been peeping and left those behind, then she had seen him and he took her and killed her so she would not tell? Or did he just see an oppertunity.

What are the chances of another killer in that area, that she would trust enough to leave with without putting up a fight, who had the same sized feet as a teenage boy, who would have those sorts of urges? Serial killers are few and far between, so it is more common for such an event to be a single killing (and someone she knew.........), but two teenage killers with similar techniques in this small town at the same time, with so many other consistancies?

I also know that some people (i believe her mother) have stated that reports of her *following him around* were not true, but they live in a town, possible went to the same parks and I believe he delivered groceries to her home (at least I have seen it printed somewhere, but I've read so much info on Bundy that I cannot remember where at this time). When I was small, we had a local van that delivered soda in reusable bottles, then collected the bottles. A lot of the delivery boys knew my siblings, and if one of them had approached me and told me one of them had sent them to get me for my siblings, I might have gone. And i was a very suspicious kid who'd had stranger safety drummed into me my whole childhood (one of my sisters best friends was murdered, and my sister had been playing with her just prior to this and declined to accompany her to the home of the man who killed her).

apologies for spelling errors, and all imo.

Jmo.

I completely believe that Bundy was involved with the Anne Marie Burr case. Whether or not it was his first murder nobody may ever know. Every time I look on the Charley Project and see cases of missing women from the 60's and 70's, especially in the Northwest, but also in States that Bundy was known to frequent (Utah, Colorado, Oregon, California, and Vermont, I think ok, this seems like a Bundy possibility. Bob Keppel is convinced that Bundy's total victim number is well over 100. He wrote a great book about Bundy called "The Riverman" which was originally intended for Bundy to talk about the Green River Killer, but in reality was talking about his own crimes. Another great book about Bundy that many have not heard of is titled, "Ted Bundy: Conversations With A Killer", by Stephen Michaud and Hugh Ayensworth. The entire book Bundy talks about his crimes in the 3rd person. Not easy reading by any stretch, though

I agree. When I heard that Ted Bundy lived near the victim, red flags and sirens went off. That is something that cannot be overlooked.

Satch

PS. The 1962 date should be changed if it is incorrect from some sources.

Coming up 50 years.. I still believe Ted Bundy was the killer.

I have always thought that she was the first person killed by Ted Bundy. Did they ever test the torn part of the shirt that was left behind? I know there was no way to test it back in the 60's but if they still had it could they get anything from it now?

Although it seems possible for TB to commit such an act as this I cant see how he would possibly know that they were cementing foundations the next day - do they advertise???

Perhaps just hanging around the site and hearing workers talking about an area being ready to pour or watching the construction and recognizing when a section's prep work was finished.

I'm a little confused. Was TB their paper boy or not?

I'm a little confused. Was TB their paper boy or not?

Yes, Ted Bundy was their paperboy and Ted's uncle taught Anne Marie piano lessons and that is how Ted knew who she was.

Yes, Ted Bundy was their paperboy and Ted's uncle taught Anne Marie piano lessons and that is how Ted knew who she was.

On top of that...To a 14 y/o boy, an 8 y/o would not seem as young as she would when he is 25. Does that make sense?

For the people who think 3 miles is a long way to travel......it was reported he delivered papers to their house. so it was something he did regularly, so why not at 2 or 3AM?

They now have a complete DNA profile on Bundy and hopefully there is something that he left behind that they can test.

Uh, I was amazed...... I read that he had admitted to this attorney and in tapes while in prison, that between 12 -14 yrs of age he would sneak out late at night, doing some window peeping and searching thru people's trash for any *advertiser censored* or pictures. He also had access to his grandfather's *advertiser censored* during those ages, which is said he had quite a bit, and that Ted admitted he and another boy often "perused it". He admitted by 14, he had a fasination about having sex with dead females.

Given that's the time frame he knew Ann Marie and she disappeared when he was about 14, that parallels in terms of the time period.

So, he does admit sneaking out late, window peeping, and checking around houses for *advertiser censored* or pictures in people's trash. It also says a lot about his "mind-set" at the time of her disappearance and his already perverted sexual fasinations.

He may have 'tested' them out on Ann Marie, and then she may have screamed, or killed her first (due to his fantasy), or he just didn't want a witness left as to what he had done to her.

Too bad given that information, that they didn't catch him (assuming he did it). They would have realized how messed up he really was and maybe that would have saved a lot of women's lives in the long run.

Also tracking where he was in about Oct 1966 on another case, and if he was in California (if anyone has any info). Involved a college student, library, and a VW, and the murderer isolated them with the idea of "helping them" and killing her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back