WA - Attorney General - Sex Offender must not be released!

Discussion in 'Past Trial Discussion Threads' started by cocomod, Jul 26, 2013.

1. cocomod

cocomod Well-Known Member

http://www.keprtv.com/news/local/WA...-not-be-released-216877031.html?tab=video&c=y

:scared:
    :scared:

2. Loading...

3. cocomod

cocomod Well-Known Member

I am extremely happy that the AG is trying to keep this guy locked up, but... Here lies the problem with child predators. Their sentences are NOT long enough. There are SO many that will NEVER rehabilitate. They cannot change their colors. They WILL strike again. Something must be done to protect our children. :cry:

4. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

5. Hejlena

Hejlena Former Member

Reading that appeal made me feel like I was watching a shell game. Smh

6. believe09

believe09 Active Member

Civil commitment laws were written like offenders like this one. I will be shocked if they dont hold him...better have him filing appeal after appeal from behind bars than to hit the streets.

It interests me that he would be so honest about re offending and murdering his victims.

7. hopingicanhelp

hopingicanhelp Well-Known Member

8. Tugela

Tugela Active Member

They were written for those sorts of offenders, but the problem is once the law is there, people will try to apply it to all offenders, which is not the intent. Therein lies the danger, the system becomes corrupted in the process. This is particularly true when there is any sort of sexual offence involved.

There are two things at play here in the law. One is that if you do the crime, there is a punishment which you serve. Once that is done, the punishment is over, and it should not be extended because someone feels some sort of emotion. The debt to society is paid, that is what the criminal justice system is all about.

Then there is the other aspect, what happens when someone poses an imminent threat? You can't punish someone for something they have not done yet. So how does society deal with that?