WA - Autumn Young, 21, Premeditated Murder, Seattle, 14 January 2021

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by molly_tov, Jan 22, 2021.

1. molly_tov

molly_tov New Member

Before dawn on January 14, Bryson Morgan, 23, was found unresponsive in a car. When police arrived to investigate, they noticed gunshots and blood in the car, as well as women's bloody clothes in the passenger seat. An hour and a half after his arrest, Autumn Young's body was discovered by the shore of Lake Washington in a nearby park. Bryson Morgan was charged with her murder on January 21. Initially, the judge had set bail at $10m, but revoked it after prosecutors realized he had a narcotics dealing record, as well as substantial family resources, according to the Seattle Times.

According to the Capitol Hill Times, a local neighborhood news site, in 2018, Morgan had been tried for making shooting threats in his classroom at Seattle University. At the time, the judge acquitted him, saying "I know he’s a good kid who just kind of makes bad jokes,” according to the Madison Park Times.

Sources:
    Seattle man charged with premeditated murder, accused of shooting woman and leaving her body in Seward Park, Seattle Times

Suspect arrested in Seward Park murder investigation was acquitted in 2018 Seattle U threat case — UPDATE, Capitol Hill Seattle (links to court documents)

Judge acquits Seattle U student of school-shooting threat charges: Classmates testify Morgan makes bad jokes, court agrees, Madison Park Times

2. roguelady

roguelady Well-Known Member

Morgan needs to be locked up forever. Wonder if Mommy and Daddy can get him out of this latest "jam?" First degree murder. I pray not. Rest in peace, Autumn. You had your whole life ahead of you.

3. modesty blaise

modesty blaise Well-Known Member

4. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

That family and their loot.

This dude was arrested in Texas, and arrested in California. Drugs, firearms, DUI's. Just poof kicked loose.

RIP, Autumn. I'm so sorry.

5. bruisedorange88

bruisedorange88 Active Member

I go to this park weekly very disturbing

Marg from Oz likes this.