GUILTY WA - Ava Keadle, infant, died from fentanyl OD, Seattle, Mar 2019 *arrests*

Seattle1

Reaction score
More than a year after baby died from a fentanyl overdose, Seattle parents charged with manslaughter

April 16, 2020

A Seattle woman and her husband were each charged this week with first-degree manslaughter in connection with the death of their infant daughter, who died in March 2019 from acute fentanyl intoxication, likely from ingesting her mother’s breast milk, according to King County prosecutors.
[..]
Samantha De Leo, 36, and her husband, Christopher Keadle, 44, were each charged with one count of first-degree manslaughter Monday, court records show. They each posted $100,000 bail on Tuesday, and it does not appear that either was booked into jail, according to jail and court records. De Leo and Keadle are scheduled to be arraigned April 27.

“The defendants had the means to provide formula, or hire outside help to care for their baby, but instead attempted to care for her while affected by heavy narcotics,” Senior Deputy Prosecutor Emily Petersen wrote in charging papers. “While Ms. De Leo was obviously the conduit for directly exposing the baby to the drugs that killed her, Mr. Keadle was most often the person who procured the drugs for Ms. De Leo and without question aided in creating the environment and conditions under which the baby died. Both defendants are responsible for the death of their baby.”
[..]
The criminal charges say Keadle and De Leo spent nearly $100,000 last year on cocaine and fake Oxycodone pills laced with fentanyl — and their phone records show they arranged for their West Seattle drug dealer to ship drugs to their hotel while they vacationed at Disneyland in California with their 6-year-old daughter in July, four months after Ava’s death, according to the charges.

Monday, April 27th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) – WA – Ava Keadle (under 3 mos. old) (Mar. 24, 2019, Seattle) - *Samantha Erin De Leo (36) & Christopher Allen Keadle (44) arrested & charged (4/14/20) with 1st degree reckless manslaughter. Bond $100K each.
Died from acute fentanyl intoxication, likely from ingesting her mother’s breast milk.
4/15/20 Update: Arraignment hearing for both on 4/27/20.

Could have fooled me. They look like the Barbie and Ken of all things opiods.

How the heck do ya get your **** sent to Disneyland? Keadle by all accounts had a great career and was adored.

Sadly his baby daughter is dead. D-E-A-D! Also looks like another gorgeous little girl is left parentless. Hope her Disney trip will be filled with good memories.

Unbelievable. You're broke and on the street on dope you ain't ever seen a theme park. Real sad it winds up there's no difference. Anxious to see how they make out in court.

Tuesday, July 7th:
*Arraignment Hearing for both (@ 8:30am PT) – WA – Ava Keadle (under 3 mos. old) (Mar. 24, 2019, Seattle) - *Samantha Erin De Leo (36) & Christopher Allen Keadle (44) arrested & charged (4/14/20) & arraigned (7/7/20) with 1st degree reckless manslaughter. Bond $100K each.
Died from acute fentanyl intoxication, likely from ingesting her mother’s breast milk.
4/15/20 Update: Arraignment hearing for both on 4/27/20. 4/27/20: Order of Continuance. Arraignment rescheduled to 7/7/20.

Tuesday, July 21st:
*Case Scheduling Hearing for both (@ 9am PT) – WA – Ava Keadle (under 3 mos. old) (Mar. 24, 2019, Seattle) - *Samantha Erin De Leo (36) & Christopher Allen Keadle (44) arrested & charged (4/14/20) & arraigned (7/7/20) with 1st degree reckless manslaughter. Bond $100K each.
4/15/20 Update: Arraignment hearing for both on 4/27/20. 4/27/20: Order of Continuance. Arraignment rescheduled to 7/7/20. 7/7/20 Update: for both: Order directing fingerprinting. Both arraigned. Next case scheduling hearing on 7/21/20.

Could have fooled me. They look like the Barbie and Ken of all things opiods.

How the heck do ya get your **** sent to Disneyland? Keadle by all accounts had a great career and was adored.

Sadly his baby daughter is dead. D-E-A-D! Also looks like another gorgeous little girl is left parentless. Hope her Disney trip will be filled with good memories.

Unbelievable. You're broke and on the street on dope you ain't ever seen a theme park. Real sad it winds up there's no difference. Anxious to see how they make out in court.

What did he or does Keadle do for a living?

Some people don't know how fortunate they are. Their lives were rich beyond words, never mind their financial success. They both had the love of another to share their life with, and they were blessed with two beautiful babies.

So very sad!

What did he or does Keadle do for a living?

Some people don't know how fortunate they are. Their lives were rich beyond words, never mind their financial success. They both had the love of another to share their life with, and they were blessed with two beautiful babies.

So very sad!

If I recall correctly he was a financier. A broker type thing. Fairly sure.

Right now I'm recalling this case wondering how you get your drugs shipped to Disneyland? Unreal! However, looking back I was judging on their financial status. Truth being that addiction can happen to anyone. Just a little easier if you have the funds. Eventually if it's not stopped no matter how much money you have you wind up dead or locked up.

In this case a baby girl is dead and her sister left without parents. Special thanks, Niner for the updates on the case.

Tuesday, October 13th:
*Case Scheduling Hearing for both (@ 9am PT) – WA – Ava Keadle (under 3 mos. old) (Mar. 24, 2019, Seattle) - *Samantha Erin De Leo (36) & Christopher Allen Keadle (44) arrested & charged (4/14/20) & arraigned (7/7/20) with 1st degree reckless manslaughter. Bond $100K each.
4/15/20 Update: Arraignment hearing for both on 4/27/20. 4/27/20: Order of Continuance. Arraignment rescheduled to 7/7/20. 7/7/20 Update: for both: Order directing fingerprinting. Both arraigned. Next case scheduling hearing on 7/21/20.
7/21/20 Update: Order of continuance-granted. Next case scheduling hearing on 9/15/20. 9/14/20 Update: Order of continuance filed. Rescheduled on 10/13/20.

Hey all, I have been looking for anything about this on YouTube but can’t find anything. This is the first time I’ve heard about it. Mine and my children’s lives were badly affected due to fentanyl. On Christmas Day 2 years ago my partner and my children’s dad passed away due to his addiction to heroine and fentanyl. I read a statement on here about how addiction can take anyone...If it could take my John let me tell you it can creep up and destroy your life. I am so sad that this little baby died due to that drug. The world really is such a sad and scary place.

Tuesday, December 15th:
7/21/20 Update: Order of continuance-granted. Next case scheduling hearing on 9/15/20. 9/14/20 Update: Order of continuance filed. Rescheduled on 10/13/20.
10/13/20 Update: For both: Order of continuance for case scheduling hearing. Set on 12/15/20.

Hey all, I have been looking for anything about this on YouTube but can’t find anything. This is the first time I’ve heard about it. Mine and my children’s lives were badly affected due to fentanyl. On Christmas Day 2 years ago my partner and my children’s dad passed away due to his addiction to heroine and fentanyl. I read a statement on here about how addiction can take anyone...If it could take my John let me tell you it can creep up and destroy your life. I am so sad that this little baby died due to that drug. The world really is such a sad and scary place.
I'm very sorry for your loss.

Very little updates in MSM, unfortunately. Neither parents have seen jail -- both posted bail when charges filed. Whether or not terms of bail include regular drug testing unknown.... Nonetheless, I anticipate plea deals will be announced next year. MOO

Please, please know I am immensely sorry you have been left with a giant whole in your heart. Especially I am sorry for your kids who every Christmas this brings back memories or they block it out.

Keep your head up Mama. No matter how much your world has been turned upside down. Know I'll think of John Christmas day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back