Aug is Utah Cold Case month and the Utah Cold Case Coalition is featuring Rosie Tapia's case
Click on Rosie Tapia's Thread and help Websleuths find Rosie's killer

Found Deceased WA - Ben Eastman, 16, Lewis County, 23 Jun 2018 *arrests*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Seattle1

Seattle1 Well-Known Member

2. Seattle1

CASE UPDATE:

Case Information
    18-1-00530-21 | STATE OF WASHINGTON vs KINDRA ROSE ADAMSON
    Case Type
    ADL Criminal Adult

Case Status
    Active

Party
    Plaintiff (Criminal)
    STATE OF WASHINGTON

Defendant (WIP)
    ADAMSON, KINDRA ROSE

Events and Hearings
    [SNIP]

• 07/23/2018 Recusal of Judge
      Judicial Officer
      O'Rourke, Joely
      08/09/2018 Omnibus
    • Judicial Officer
      Toynbee, J. Andrew
      Hearing Time
      01:00 PM
      Cancel Reason
      Stricken
      08/09/2018 Notice of Hearing
    • 08/10/2018 Change of Plea

Judicial Officer
      Toynbee, J. Andrew

Hearing Time
      09:45 AM
    • 09/06/2018 Trial Confirmation

Judicial Officer
      Toynbee, J. Andrew
      Hearing Time
      01:00 PM
    • 09/10/2018 Jury Trial
      Hearing Time
      9:30 AM

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018 at 8:48 AM
  3. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

[​IMG] a bunch Seattle! Much appreciated!

What link are you using to look these up?

Sanz likes this.
  4. Niner

Friday, August 10th:
    *Change of Plea Hearing (@ 9:45am PT) – WA – Benjamin Eastman III (16) (June 23, 2018; found June 28, 2018) – only for *Kindra Rose Adamson (43) arrested (7/10/18) & charged (7/11/18) & arraigned (7/19/18) with 2 counts of 1st degree Rendering Criminal Assistance. Plead not guilty. Was a $1M bond, Judge reduced it to $100K. Also allowed to reside in County other than Lewis if/when she’s released. She knew of murder 6/23-24; withheld info from LE.
    7/19/18 Update: Judge kept bail at $100K. Next: Omnibus on 8/9, trial confirmation on 9/6 & Jury trial on 9/10.
    8/9/18 Update: hearing cancelled to 8/10 for Plea Change Hearing. Other dates stay the same.
    *Jonathon Robert Adamson (21) arrested (6/30/18), charged (7/2/18) & arraigned (7/11/18) with 4 counts: 1st degree murder, 1st degree rape, tampering with physical evidence & unlawful disposal of remains. Plead not guilty. $10M bond. Last hearing 7/11, next hearing on 10/11
    *Benito “Benny” S. Marquez (16) arrested (7/2/18) & charged (7/2/18) & arraigned (7/19/18) with 1st degree murder, 1st degree rape, tampering with physical evidence & unlawful disposal of remains. Plead not guilty. $10M bond each. Marquez is charged as adult. Last hearing 7/12 was cancelled to today 7/19. Can have contact w/family except those charged.
    7/19/18 Update: Next: Review hearing/set trial date on 10/18.
    *Emma Lucinda Brown (20) (fiancée of JA) arrested (7/11/18), charged (7/12/18) & arraigned (7/19/18) with 2 counts of 1st degree Rendering Criminal Assistance. Plead not guilty. $1M bond reduced to $100K bond & released on 7/13/18. Withheld info from LE. Last hearing 7/12.
    7/19/18 Update: Next: Omnibus on 8/23, trial confirmation on 9 27 & Jury trial on 10/1.

5. Sanz

Sanz Well-Known Member

No I’ve searched, because of the attendance and place it was held I thought there would be some type of follow up. The announcements never said it would be a “private affair”.

seventeenseconds and Gardenista like this.
  6. Sanz

Sanz Well-Known Member

7. Sanz

Sanz Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this article. I didn’t see it until now. It was a great write up.

8. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

9. Sanz

Sanz Well-Known Member

Yeah that shocked me too!! I gotta think on that a bit!

Niner, Seattle1 and Gardenista like this.
  10. Seattle1

I am sick that Judge O'Rourke recused from Mommy Kindra case. I'd long hoped she would be responsible for sentencing Kindra where she could remind Kindra "Mother to Mother" that she hosted Ben the toddler, the child, the teen, and very good friend to her boys in her home, and did nothing to ease the grief of Ben's family, friends, and her own community.

seventeenseconds, Niner, Sanz and 2 others like this.
  11. Seattle1

Just to clarify, was there also a service on August 4 for Ben?

Sanz likes this.
  12. Seattle1

seventeenseconds likes this.
  13. Sanz

Sanz Well-Known Member

August 4th was the only date I was aware of @Seattle1

A funeral service for Ben will be held at 11 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 4, 2018, at the White Pass High School in Randle, Wash., followed by a 1 p.m., graveside service at the Silver Creek Cemetery in Randle, Wash. In Ben’s Honor, sports attire is welcomed.

Benjamin “Ben” Everett Eastman III

Obituary for Benjamin 'Ben' E Eastman III | Cattermole Funeral Home

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018 at 7:08 PM
  14. Sanz

Sanz Well-Known Member

This news article says the school held a vigil Tuesday evening to remember the student it lost last week. Could this be confused with a memorial service?

15. Seattle1

14 months? I knew this was coming!!

Mother of Murder Suspects Pleads Guilty, Could Testify Against Sons

Kindra Adamson, 43, of Randle, as a condition of a plea bargain will likely be called by the state to testify against her sons, Benito S. Marquez, 16, and Jonathan R. Adamson, 21, who are being held on a $10 million bail in connection to the death of 16-year-old Ben Eastman III.

“So obviously, given the situation, (Benito) and Jonathan are our main focus, and so we see Mrs. Adamson as being able to help ensure that they’re held accountable, and, at the same time, she’s held accountable for her actions,” Lewis County Prosecutor Jonathan Meyer told The Chronicle.

According to court documents, investigators were told during interviews with the two suspects that they told Kindra Adamson that they killed Eastman. She was there, Jonathan Adamson told investigators, while they burned their clothes and destroyed evidence.

However, investigators said when they interviewed Kindra Adamson prior to learning that information she said she knew nothing about Eastman’s whereabouts.

As part of the plea agreement, if she follows all the conditions of her release, one of the felony counts would be knocked down to a misdemeanor, with a recommended sentence of credit for time served.

Marquez and Jonathan Adamson will appear next in court in October for trial setting. Brown has an omnibus hearing set for Aug. 23.

Mother of Murder Suspects Pleads Guilty, Could Testify Against Sons

Niner, Beagle and GarAndTeed like this.
  16. Seattle1

[​IMG]
    I stand with Ben

seventeenseconds and Niner like this.
  17. Seattle1

After re-reading, the earlier service was deemed a "Town Memorial" with candlelight, media (photos, video), and balloon release.

Perhaps the August "Memorial," also at the school, was more of a Christian Memorial followed by grave site service. It makes sense that the "Christian" service would be given some privacy by media. MOO..

bluenoser and Beagle like this.
  18. Niner

This is what I get when I click on that link:

Odyssey Portal Help Contact Information and User Guides
    County Clerks' Office Contacts

Odyssey Portal FAQ

Odyssey Portal Quick Reference Guide

Odyssey Portal User Guide

Odyssey Portal Technical Troubleshooting & Help Guide

Odyssey Portal Help (Administrator Contact)

PLEASE NOTE: The log in page has a new view, however the functionality remains the same. If the screen displays Invalid User Name or Password, enter your user name and click on Forgot Password. Step thru a reset and try to log in again.

08/07 - PARTY NAME SEARCHES: When searching by party name, the results may be - not all cases and or no cases will display. Case number search for the same party will display. If you don’t have the case number, please contact the court in which the case is filed. We are working with Tyler to address the issue. (current)

Where do YOU go from here? I don't need any of those that they list.... I noticed in the right top corner you can Register or Sign In. Do you sign in?

and thanks for the update on Kindra.

Sanz likes this.
  19. Sanz

Sanz Well-Known Member

@Niner I know you didn’t direct your question to me. But I’ve used these links on several cases. No you don’t need any of those options. Just scroll down the page until you see these two options Select the option you are looking for information.

Attached Files:

seventeenseconds likes this.
  20. Niner

Okay - I feel dumb.... [​IMG] I didn't scroll down far enough to "see" the Search....

BUT! I tried Kindra Adamson & came up with this message after I clicked on her case #.

There was an error while processing your request. Please try again later.

Back Home

So, I tried someone else - William Earl Talbott for the Jay Cook & Tanya Van Cuylenborg case and came up with the same error message. Now "what"??
    Can I bother you to look that one (Talbott) up for me - and post it here:
    WA - WA - Jay Cook, 20, & Tanya Van Cuylenborg, 18, Skagit County, 24 Nov 1987

TIA! :)