GUILTY WA - Ben Eastman, 16, raped and murdered, Lewis County, 23 Jun 2018

Two brothers are charged with brutal rape and murder of a 16-year-old boy 'they lured into the woods for a camping trip before kicking him more than 100 times and bashing his head with a rock'
  • Brothers Jonathon Adamson, 21, and Benito Marquez were charged with murder
  • The brothers have also been charged with raping 16-year-old Benjamin Eastman
  • Victim went missing on June 23; his body was found in shallow grave on June 27
  • Authorities said the brothers lured Eastman into the woods for a camping trip
  • Adamson allegedly told police that they kicked him more than 100 times before sexually assaulting him with a stick while he was still alive
  • Brothers then allegedly bashed him in head with rock to make sure he was dead
Published July 3, 2018 Updated 19:14 EDT

Lewis County detectives said Eastman, 16, was first reported as a runaway or possible missing person by his family on Wednesday, June 20, 2018.

Authorities decided to charge Marquez (16) as an adult, and a judge ordered the brothers held on $10million bail.

Police said they are still trying to figure out what the brothers' motive was.
Two brothers are charged with rape and murder in the brutal death of a 16-year-old boy | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Sickening. And why was Ben reported as a runaway? Why didn't his "father" know where he was going?

Reports say that Marquez was one of Ben's closest friends (who was last to see him) and when Marquez told Ben's Dad he didn't know where he was, then it became missing or possible runaway. I guess his Dad thought he was with Marquez... However, as soon as Ben's body found, it was Marquez and his brother who were nowhere to be found.

This was a horrendous attack on an well liked, funny kid. Sad.

More corroborating news tonight:

Both suspects are scheduled to be back in court on July 12 to enter pleas and set court dates.

The court documents say the brothers tried to conceal the crime by burning their clothes and Eastman’s, as well as the shovel they used to dig the grave.

But “the defendants realized the burial site would likely be discovered,’ the court documents say. So they dug up the body, wrapped Eastman in plastic from the barn of their grandparents, wrapped it with twine and buried the body on the (grandparents’) property. (Matching plastic and twine recovered in the barn).

Randle brothers charged in teen's murder

Large showing of support tonight for Ben. His family and community released multi-color balloons into the sky to honor 16 year old Ben. Also held candle light vigil at White Pass High School.

@TammyKOMO

Beautiful to hear this. Thank you Seattle1

This community must be reeling with shock and grief.

When people come together like this, there is comfort and deep compassion. They can draw strength from one another.

Last edited:
Beautiful to hear this. Thank you Seattle1

This community must be reeling with shock and grief.

When people come together like this, there is comfort and deep compassion. They can draw strength from one another.

Randle, WA is a village -- only about 1,700 people live there. The community is in shock and scared over the details of the murder. To quote the school Principal "It's not supposed to happen here. We're small town USA. We're supposed to be protected from that kind of stuff," Chris Schumaker said.

I can't get past that the younger murderer (Marquez) was said to be a close friend. The fear and betrayal .... I can't go there. This also reminds me of Skylar Neese, also 16, that was stabbed multiple times and buried by her inseparable, two best girl friends because they "didn't like her anymore." A very sad day in Lewis County.

Thanks, Seattle1.

I didn't know it was a small village. Everyone would know everyone.

My heart is so broken over this monstrous act. I can't even imagine how people there feel.

May strength and comfort hold Ben's family tightly. Sounds like the community is enveloping them with love.

Time to focus on Ben:
Ben's joy, and happy-go-lucky attitude is what Ben's family wants to focus on rather than the brothers.

"That's all he was, happy no matter what. It didn't matter," said Derek Dunaway, Ben's half-brother.

Lewis County Commissioner Gary Stamper, former principal of White Pass High School, said he knew Eastman.

“You couldn’t help but like him. He was just a good kid,” Stamper said. “He was one of my former students, as were the other people involved, so it really hit home … He loved the outdoors and he had good friends out there. It’s gonna be rough; it’ll be awhile."

Last edited:
At the very least; life without parole for both of them.
There is no rehabilitating this level of depravity. Imo.

Rest gently, Benjamin ! You were loved.

Punishment for Adamson, 21 - if convicted for aggravated first degree murder, is automatic life in prison without early release. He's done, and can rot in prison.

However, for Marquez, 16, first degree murder is minimum of 40 years before given opportunity for release. Citing a recent WA case (Janise Wright, 6) where the murderer Gaeta was also a minor and charged as an adult, the punishment for first degree murder explained as follows:

The punishment for aggravated first-degree murder is automatic life in prison without early release. Gaeta was 17 at the time and was charged as an adult. However, a 2012 U.S. Supreme Court ruling found that juveniles cannot be automatically sentenced to life in prison. The ruling, called Miller vs. Alabama, found that such sentences for juveniles were cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Eighth Amendment. Gaeta will turn 22 this year.

Per the ruling above, Gaeta must be given an opportunity for release after serving minimum of 40 years before he can apply for release.

Isn't it a travesty, Seattle, that the law is so 'forgiving' for even the worst of crimes ?
Hopefully the Supreme Court's ruling can someday be reversed !

Benjamin died a heinous and cruel death. So did Jenise Wright.
Sad that our laws are so easy on criminals !

If you can brutally murder someone, why should you ever have a life-- even if you're middle-aged ?
The fact that he was dug up from the ground and re-buried shows that they BOTH knew exactly what they were doing.
16 years is old enough to understand right from wrong.

Hopefully Benjamin's family and friends will be at the younger monsters' parole hearings ....and will contest his release.

Time to focus on Ben:
Ben's joy, and happy-go-lucky attitude is what Ben's family wants to focus on rather than the brothers.

"That's all he was, happy no matter what. It didn't matter," said Derek Dunaway, Ben's half-brother.

Lewis County Commissioner Gary Stamper, former principal of White Pass High School, said he knew Eastman.

“You couldn’t help but like him. He was just a good kid,” Stamper said. “He was one of my former students, as were the other people involved, so it really hit home … He loved the outdoors and he had good friends out there. It’s gonna be rough; it’ll be awhile."

Heartlifting to hear this.

This needs to focus on the good and not the evil.

This community will always support Ben's family and Ben will always be remembered and celebrated.

The family is focusing on love right now and I have the greatest respect and compassion for them.

There was some half truth to the pet grave because these psychos actually buried Ben twice! Afraid he would be discovered, they moved him to another location (away from nearby pet grave). This is absolutely sick...

Two brothers charged in rape, murder of 16-year-old Randle boy

OMG! I can't.... OMG!! How did these people become who they are? Were they born this way? How does 3 people find each other, and agree to do such horrendous things?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back