GUILTY WA - Boy "ND" 5, kidnapped by foster mother Amanda Dinges 35, Mount Vernon, 21 Nov 2022 *arrest*

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1669966501236.png

MOUNT VERNON, Wash. — A foster parent who is accused of kidnapping a Mount Vernon 5-year-old told Child Protective Services (CPS) a week before the boy went missing that she was moving across the state.

The Mount Vernon Police Department began searching for the boy, who is only identified as “ND” in probable cause documents, on Nov. 28.

Foster parent Amanda M. Dinges, 35, met with the boy’s biological mother and CPS workers Nov. 15, according to probable cause documents. CPS recommended the boy’s biological mother have overnight visits for a few weeks starting on Nov. 25. The group planned a meeting in December to discuss expanding the visits.

The next day, Dinges told Sky Valley CPS that she needed to have her teenage foster child removed from her home before she started a new job across the state on Nov. 21. Police say Dinges told CPS workers that the 5-year-old had already been removed, which he had not.

CPS removed the teen from Dinges’ care on Nov. 18.

On Nov. 21, managers at Dinges’ apartment found the keys to her unit in the office, which they believed were returned over the weekend. There were still large pieces of furniture in the unit, although managers told police that clothing, bedding and toiletries had been taken.

Police believe the 5-year-old had not been in school since Nov. 21, and he missed his physical therapy appointment two days later.

When the boy didn't show up to the scheduled visit with his biological mother on Nov. 25, she contacted her caseworker, according to Brittany Tri, the biological mother's lawyer. Due to the holiday weekend, the worker saw the message on Nov. 28, and CPS alerted police to concern about the child’s safety.

Continued at link.

Mount Vernon Police Facebook:

1669967379692.png

Is it known how long the foster mother had been fostering him? I hope her motivations came from a place of heartache over his eventual placement back with bio Mom and not because she's trying to hide his death. Heartbreaking!

Is it known how long the foster mother had been fostering him? I hope her motivations came from a place of heartache over his eventual placement back with bio Mom and not because she's trying to hide his death. Heartbreaking!
That was my thought as well, we've all seen the devastating results. Case in point - Oakley Carlson ...
Hopefully they can be located quickly.

Wait - duh - is this adult trying to prevent this little guy becoming "the next Oakley Carlson?"

OR "the next Charlie & Brayden Powell?"

DEC 1, 2022
[...]

When the boy didn't show up to the scheduled visit with his biological mother on Nov. 25, she contacted her caseworker, according to Brittany Tri, the biological mother's lawyer. ...

[...]

Foster parents are required to provide change of address information to the state.

Tri said she raised concerns about this foster placement in July, because "they [the foster family] made some comments insinuating that the child was already a member of their family and that seeing his mother was too inconvenient and a nuisance to them."

Plans had been in the works for months to reunify the child with his biological mother, according to Tri.

In July, the mother was granted unsupervised visits and had been having them for several months. In September, the judge and legal parties agreed to make a primary plan to return the child to his biological mother. At the beginning of November, the mother got housing and moved in, Tri said.

[...]

Wait - duh - is this adult trying to prevent this little guy becoming "the next Oakley Carlson?"

OR "the next Charlie & Brayden Powell?"

You read my mind. ;)

Tri said she raised concerns about this foster placement in July, because "they [the foster family] made some comments insinuating that the child was already a member of their family and that seeing his mother was too inconvenient and a nuisance to them."
SBM.

It sounds like Amanda had grown close to ND and didn't want him to return to his biological mother. I've never been a foster parent but I can't imagine it's easy if you develop a close relationship with a foster child and then have to have him leave your home, but that is part of being a foster parent and she had to have known that when she took ND into her home. Very sad for this adorable child. I hope ND is found safely soon.

SBM.

It sounds like Amanda had grown close to ND and didn't want him to return to his biological mother. I've never been a foster parent but I can't imagine it's easy if you develop a close relationship with a foster child and then have to have him leave your home, but that is part of being a foster parent and she had to have known that when she took ND into her home. Very sad for this adorable child. I hope ND is found safely soon.
yes. i think in that scenario, your best bet is to befriend the bio parent if possible and express your desire to remain in contact and maybe offer support such a visiting or babysitting. def not always possible though. tough spot.

Does this happen in the Pacific NW often? Seems like recently theres been quite a few from this area.
Is it the culture there?

I really hope they find this child soon!

DEC 5, 2022
www.king5.com

Second suspect sought in alleged kidnapping of Mount Vernon boy

[...]

Police initially issued an arrest warrant for 35-year-old Amanda M. Dinges after Child Protective Services (CPS) reported Dinges potentially kidnapped a child placed in her care. On Monday, police issued an arrest warrant for Dinges' mother, 60-year-old Amber Dinges, who they suspect was "complicit" in the kidnapping.

[...]

DEC 5, 2022
www.king5.com

Second suspect sought in alleged kidnapping of Mount Vernon boy

[...]

Police initially issued an arrest warrant for 35-year-old Amanda M. Dinges after Child Protective Services (CPS) reported Dinges potentially kidnapped a child placed in her care. On Monday, police issued an arrest warrant for Dinges' mother, 60-year-old Amber Dinges, who they suspect was "complicit" in the kidnapping.

[...]
I see the resemblance. Imagine feeling entitled enough to think "I can just take this child who was entrusted to me temporarily." And then having a mother who shares the same outlandish beliefs. The apple didn't fall far from the tree IMO.

The goal of foster care is reunification. The fact that this woman just... doesn't get it is disappointing but not a surprise. I hate foster parents that go into it thinking that it's the best way to get a child. You aren't there to claim someone's kid, you are there to pour into their family's foundation and make them stronger.

Well surely if she was really moving to a new job, wouldn’t she have to provide her Ss number to her employer? (As well as her full legal name.) Wouldn’t that be traceable somehow? Or was the “moving across the state for a new job” just a ruse to get the teenage witness away so they didn’t know where she was going?

I don’t get the impression she would intentionally hurt ND. But she already is hurting him by hiding him - this a child that will miss his mother, a child not in school, a child possibly not playing outside or in parks for her fear of being seen, a child at risk of medical neglect. He needs to he found and soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back