Christopher Clements indicted for Isabel Celis & Maribel Gonzales homicides
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE DISCUSSION

GUILTY WA - Brandon Zomalt, 30, found murdered, Puyallup, 13 Aug 2014

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by zwiebel, Aug 14, 2014.

1. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Unbelievably, it looks like an off-duty officer in Auburn, WA, has stumbled across a possible killer/s trying to dispose of evidence.

'...When the agent pulled over to put the fire out with his extinguisher, he noticed a man rushing to get into the passenger-side of a dark SUV, which sped away.'

“He found carpet remnants, pieces of linoleum from flooring, and a pile of towels that were soaked with a significant amount of fresh blood on them,” said Auburn police Commander Dave Colglazier.'

Police are asking anyone who saw a dark-colored SUV parked alongside Peasley Canyon Road, Wednesday night, to call Auburnpolice. It's not given in the article but I think the number is 253-288-2121

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/pea...-following-disturbing-sc/ng2tR/?__federated=1

2. newone

newone 2nd mouse gets the cheese

here's hoping the crime lab will be able to dna the blood

3. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

The blood's being analysed now. Hopefully there's traces of a suspect's DNA there too. I guess there's a missing person somewhere near Auburn now.

'Hirman said, “It’s just covered with blood, and so that leads us of course to believe that something happened whether it was a homicide or a serious assault.” The blood will go through a DNA analysis and be compared with data bases of known criminals'

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/peasley-canyon-road-closed-following-disturbing-sc/ng2tR/

elisa hahn (@ElisaHahnK5)
    15/08/2014 01:05
    Auburn police looking for a possibly mixed race man, short hair, 20-30 y.o., in dark SUV on Peasely Canyon Rd around 3p yesterday

https://mobile.twitter.com/ElisaHahnK5

4. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

http://mynorthwest.com/11/2587526/Bloodsoaked-items-spark-Auburn-murder-mystery

5. Lovejac

Lovejac These boys are my heartstrings!

Wow. What a chance encounter! Glad he was seen

6. Meryl12

Meryl12 Member

Not only was he seen - he was seen by LE. ..:cat:

7. Lovejac

http://seattle.gotnewswire.com/news/tipster-leads-police-to-second-scene-in-auburn

Tipster leads police to second scene in Auburn

8. newone

newone 2nd mouse gets the cheese

I had googled Auburn to Bremerton because I was curious if it had a tie with Jenise Wright's case - turns out it was 45 miles away. Ironically as this story about the mysytery man was breaking there was a breaking story involving arson to a car which belonged to a friend of the perp's mother in the Jenise Wright case -- a bit uncanny.

9. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

10. Lovejac

11. time

time New Member

Thanks Zwiebel for starting this, just noticed it on the news and came to see if it was posted... definitely sounds like someone has been murdered. Hope they figure it out soon.

12. datsun_620

datsun_620 New Member

Well, not really. If it wasnt the agent that saw him, it wouldve been somebody else.Peasley canyon rd is pretty much a main road that connects two cities. Right at the bottom of the hill, there is a highway, and there aremutiple freeway entrances that lead in every which way. Point being, the person/persons involved couldnt have picked a worse road to pull off from and start burning stuff while remaining undetected. They might as well have went to the bottom of the hill near the freeway and done it. Anyone from around the area would know this, leading me to speculate that theyre not from around the area.

13. hambirg

hambirg New Member

Well, tomorrow is Monday. Maybe someone won't show up for work tomorrow. :(

This is just creepy. And while I agree that the area around Peasley Canyon is well traveled, it is quite wooded with thick underbrush in that area. Whoever did this, you would think would have some neighbors that noticed someone was ripping out flooring, etc. At least we can hope.

I wish they could be more specific about "mixed race." Do they think the man was part AA, Asian, Native, Hispanic? :gaah:

14. hambirg

hambirg New Member

15. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Attached Files:

16. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Police haven't stated he's been murdered - just that his bone fragments were found, along with all the blood. People can safely draw their own conclusions in this case, I think.

17. Lovejac

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...eal-identity-of-mystery-victim-273217631.html

"The body is somewhere," Hirman said Friday. "The fruits of the crime, if you will, were dumped here in Auburn. And so we need to find out who this person's associates are, we need to find where he was staying, where he was living and then we can go from there."

He said police received the results of the DNA testing on Wednesday but haven't been able to learn much about Zomalt, except that he listed his most recent address as Puyallup

"We have been searching, but we're not getting a lot of luck so that's why we thought we would release his picture and his name, with hopes of getting some calls from the public," Hirman said.

18. Lovejac

19. Lovejac

Just checking in to see if anyone has come forward with information on Brandon.

Not seeing anything new in the news.

20. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Welcome! Have you heard any information, locally? This sounds like a panicked crime, to me. And one where the victim was probably in the house of someone he knew - I presume his own home's been checked.