Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It occurs to me that they started searching for her immediately! I'm so happy to hear this! I know it can be frustrating for families and friends when they believe a loved one could be in danger and LE encourages them to wait. It's also wonderful that her co-workers were searching! I've been reading the threads of the worst case I've read, and it's nice to read something hopeful about fellow humans. Now I just hope something bizarre happened, but she's safe! *fingers crossed*

Police searching for woman missing in suspicious circumstances
cheryl.png

Family and police are continuing their desperate search 54-year-old Cheryl DeBoe. Investigators are calling her disappearance suspicious.

Police said Cheryl may have walked through a pathway to the nearby Mountlake Terrace park-and-ride on Monday morning, but nobody’s seen her since.

Her husband was the last person to see her, now her family is desperate to find her.

“If anybody has seen or heard from her please call us,” said Kevin Pickard with the Mountlake Police Department.

Police said they are focusing all their effort to find DeBoe. Investigators revealed Cheryl planned to meet up with a friend at the transit center to commute to her job at the Fred Hutch Cancer Research Center. But Cheryl sent her friend a text message saying she was running late and would take the bus instead. She never showed up to work and hasn’t been seen since.

http://q13fox.com/2016/02/10/police-searching-for-woman-missing-in-suspicious-circumstances/

This area is local to me. I didn't sleep last night worrying. The park between the transit center parking lot and the street near the library where her car was found has some very secluded spaces.

My husband & I have walked through it during late afternoon commute time, and particularly from the transit lot side entrance it gets very wooded & "creepy" feeling(for lack of a better word) very fast. Maybe it's well populated enough in the morning to be safer, but if she potentially walked through there from her car to the bus by herself, that's concerning. I hope they find surveillance footage quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/komo...s-find-this-Mountlake-Terrace-mom-6821328.php

According to this article she texted a friend on the Way to work, so does that mean that she did have to backtrack and Go Home to pick up the work she left at home?? Was her husband at home then? Or did she see the husband Before she texted the friend? But perhaps he wasn't home when she arrived?
I say that because if it happened that way, that he was there, (or maybe he left?) ,she left, she came home, and he was gone, that is shades of Susan Jacobson, in the way of Susan's husband left Before Susan went to the store and he was the last to see her but he knew where she was going to be.

With so many scenarios and little to go on, there are many questions.

And a warrant to get into Cheryl's car. I guess the husband isn't allowed to let the police look inside? Does he have a key? Or it is just proper protocol, with a warrant so nothing is thrown out in court if it has to go to court? I am clueless here…

Any opinions? Or anyone know the facts about a car and a search warrant?

IMOO.

This area is local to me. I didn't sleep last night worrying. The park between the transit center parking lot and the street near the library where her car was found has some very secluded spaces.

My husband & I have walked through it during late afternoon commute time, and particularly from the transit lot side entrance it gets very wooded & "creepy" feeling(for lack of a better word) very fast. Maybe it's well populated enough in the morning to be safer, but if she potentially walked through there from her car to the bus by herself, that's concerning. I hope they find surveillance footage quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome! :)

You didn't sleep last night due to worry. ( Hugs!) It is scary especially since you mentioned the area is local to you and you get that creepy feeling walking in that area.
Stay Safe!
I am hoping that Cheryl will be found safe as well.

Wellllll.... at the risk of feeling like this sounds familiar, not a good feeling on this one. Hard to imagine someone just grabbing her while she parked her car AND she changed plans for how to get to work. Wonder how far from her home to where the car was found?

"Published: Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 3:57 p.m."

"Police have impounded the vehicle."
"The police department has been seeking search warrants, including for the car."

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20...public's-help-to-find-Mountlake-Terrace-woman

So search warrants, Plural.
I wonder how many search warrants and to where? Her home? Her work? We know to the car...

I believe a search warrant is needed in case there's evidence in her car/house? Then that evidence can not be excluded for whatever reason in court. Almost like crossing the T's and dotting the I's kind of thing.
I'm not very confident when the last person to see a missing one is their partner/ex-partner.

All MOO!

And a warrant to get into Cheryl's car. I guess the husband isn't allowed to let the police look inside? Does he have a key? Or it is just proper protocol, with a warrant so nothing is thrown out in court if it has to go to court? I am clueless here…

Any opinions? Or anyone know the facts about a car and a search warrant?

IMOO.

RSBM

I think her husband's consent would be enough if the car was in his name. If the car was just in her name, they probably have to get a warrant.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Latest update from the City of Montlake:

http://www.cityofmlt.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=50

At this point in the investigation, evidence suggests DeBoer was in the area of her vehicle at the time of her disappearance. There has been no cell phone or bank activity on DeBoer’s known accounts. Coworkers and family members say that DeBoer is stable in her life and her disappearance is completely out of character. Evidence at this point in the investigation also suggests DeBoer’s disappearance is suspicious and concerning.

So LE do believe she was with her car at some stage that morning. I wonder if that is through cctv. A phone ping wouldn't confirm it was the lady herself.

I hope there is something showing when CD's car was parked off the street.

Thank you for that link. According to that article, she forgot her work/security badge at home.

This is getting a lot of local attention. Isn't there a police station kind of close to that parking lot too?

I wonder if her work badge is with her, or is in her car?

Wellllll.... at the risk of feeling like this sounds familiar, not a good feeling on this one. Hard to imagine someone just grabbing her while she parked her car AND she changed plans for how to get to work. Wonder how far from her home to where the car was found?

Yeah, despite the woods right around the park and ride, I feel an abduction would have been unlikely at that hour, especially with the "perfect storm" of other circumstances.

Her home appears to be about a mile and a half from the transit center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288